Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi Tethering for Rooted Photon

Tip us?

AustinMartin
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I just checked the market, and the one that i use,"wireless tether for root users" has a !not available from your carrier.
I'm assuming sprint doesn't like this app.

You might need to get the apk for that app.
Sent from my mopho

MultiDev
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMartin View Post
I just checked the market, and the one that i use,"wireless tether for root users" has a !not available from your carrier.
I'm assuming sprint doesn't like this app.

You might need to get the apk for that app.
Sent from my mopho
Yeah, Sprint joined the group of carriers that block tether apps now:
http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/10/sp...id-market.html

Just get it from its source here:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

I usually get it from there anyway as the version on Market is almost always out of date.
The Following User Says Thank You to MultiDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArchangelRenzoku
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
You guys just have to make sure you don't turn 4G on til AFTER you connect your device to the phone/ turn tethering on. Then switch 4G on, let it take over 3G and you're good to go.

It's a known bug for all Sprint's 4G phones.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
If what I've said helped or contributed in any way, you don't have to buy me anything... just hit the thanks button.

So glad I jumped Sprint for T-Mo with my new Stock Note III on 4.4.2

kdelinux
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiDev View Post
The software has the options, but the drivers must support it. The Evo didn't get infrastructure mode support in the drivers until 2nd 2.2 update I think.

Either, its up to the wifi tether people to update it for photon like they did for the evo.
installed but this error pop

"No Access control!
Sorry, but your kernel does not have all necessary features for the access control disabled.
Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch & Asus Transformer

radrian92
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelinux View Post
installed but this error pop

"No Access control!
Sorry, but your kernel does not have all necessary features for the access control disabled.
Ignore that. Plus if you want infrastructure mode open setting in wifi tether and set device to googlenexus one and then setup to netd(master). Enable mss clamping. After download data widget. Turn 4g on then hit the widget and finally start tether. Works flawless

The Following User Says Thank You to radrian92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

apolloclark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default WTf?

I installed "Unlocked ROCKO3.0"; my system is unlocked, I have CWM installed, SU verified using "Root Checker", and I have install apps from "Unknown Sources" enabled.

Whenever I try to install "android-wifi-tether 3.1 beta 11", I get to the Install Screen, and nothing happens when I press the "Install" button. No errors, no response, and it will close out fine when I press Cancel.

Any ideas?

ScottieRotten
Old
Thanks Meter 21
You havent enabled allow installantion from unknown sources in application settings???

Sprint note2 Rooted stock.

Dont thank me I am not your mother.

kdelinux
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrian92 View Post
Ignore that. Plus if you want infrastructure mode open setting in wifi tether and set device to googlenexus one and then setup to netd(master). Enable mss clamping. After download data widget. Turn 4g on then hit the widget and finally start tether. Works flawless

I got lost with all the changes. which ver number are we saying is "work flawless"

thanks again

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcnyc View Post
Could you guys elaborate a bit more on your settings? Like what channel you're using? I can;t seem to get it to work, i'm using WiFi Tether 3.1 Beta 6, set to Galaxy S, netd, no encryption, LAN 10.10.1.0/24. I get errors "4G data link lost", then the mobile IP error. Then I get 4G and 3G battling against each other in the right hand corner. Thanks in advance!
has any one esle had this? I am seeming to fine that the battling is happening to mine. untill I reboot

ArchangelRenzoku
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdelinux View Post
I got lost with all the changes. which ver number are we saying is "work flawless"

thanks again

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

has any one esle had this? I am seeming to fine that the battling is happening to mine. untill I reboot
You usually only get that if there is an extremely weak signal, or if your bootloader is unlocked. You are locked, right?
If what I've said helped or contributed in any way, you don't have to buy me anything... just hit the thanks button.

So glad I jumped Sprint for T-Mo with my new Stock Note III on 4.4.2

kdelinux
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelRenzoku View Post
You usually only get that if there is an extremely weak signal, or if your bootloader is unlocked. You are locked, right?
yes I want to keep my 4g. is there a work around

from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Tags
hotspot, photon, root