Get a new Nook Color Stock Charge Cable Free

OP superman_legendary

1st March 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #161  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 86

497 posts
I just stepped into a B&N and trying to get my free charger. No luck. I was told about the warranty information and was told if bought new, the warranty will be covered for 14 days or if I purchased an aadditional warranty, that would get it covered. I had neither of course but a two year warranty is only $34 and covers accidental damage too. I just thought that was not bad to mention here. I was also told to try and call customer service and see what I can do not tto mention that the B&N associate also randomly picked up a new charger and was getting ready to ring it up for me without confirming with me!

Sent via Tapatalk Pro on my *voided* HTC Evo running CM7
5th March 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #162  
The Internets
Thanks Meter: 8

333 posts
Shouldn't we pursue a class action suit? The shark lawyers would do it for free, and we just need to wait.
5th March 2012, 11:35 AM   |  #163  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Gah, that sucks I got a cable from calling customer support and giving them my serial number (under the sd card flap) like only 3 months ago).They mailed me one no questions asked.
Last edited by fedoramanjim; 5th March 2012 at 11:40 AM.
5th March 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #164  
Flag Fort Worth, Tx
Thanks Meter: 21

121 posts
More
I called over the weekend and since my NC was 2 months out of warrenty, they wouldn't do it. Bummed and the customer support had no sympathy.
6th March 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #165  
Flag Vero Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 550

1,005 posts
Donate to Me
More
For you guys who couldn't get a cable, this is the best i can offer
The Following User Says Thank You to grayfoxmg1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 25

493 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfoxmg1

For you guys who couldn't get a cable, this is the best i can offer

There aren't any reviews? Is it really the high current version? How is build quality? Would rather get a few of these than deal with 3 more stock cables delaminating!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
27th March 2012, 08:40 AM   |  #167  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 13

223 posts
More
Since it's listed as a generic cable, I'd seriously doubt it's going to be the high current one.

My third cable literally fell apart today. The black microUSB section, with the light, came apart. Unfortunately, I only know where the section with the Nook logo light could be found. It's out of warranty too, so won't be getting a free cable that way. May have to see if I can salvage the plastic connector off an older cable I just happened to have laying around.

This cable is really lousy considering the quality of the tablet overall. Maybe someone will come up with an aftermarket replacement some day. Is the Nook Tablet cable just as wonky??

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis

There aren't any reviews? Is it really the high current version? How is build quality? Would rather get a few of these than deal with 3 more stock cables delaminating!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

10th April 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #168  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
More
I went to my local B&N store and they gave me a Nook Tablet cable for my Nook Color. So far it has held up well while traveling in Afghanistan. It feels slightly better around the Nook symbol area. That's where my last one fell apart. I had used it for a month using tape to hold it together before I had a chance to get a new one back home. The rep gave me mine for free but that also might be due to mentioning where I was using it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
11th April 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 11

109 posts
I have been thinking that a simple design change for the cable would be: the extended micro usb plug, a short run of wire (about 1"?) then the lighted n module and finally the rest of the cable to the usb plug.

This should eliminate most if not all of the stress on the n module as there would be 2 flex points.

Something similar could be done if there is a such thing as a short extended micro usb patch cord that could be used in between the NC and the factory cord.
7th May 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #170  
Thanks Meter: 39

138 posts
So, B&N is starting to not be cool about replacing the chargers? I was going to call customer service tomorrow to get one replaced. Hopefully they'll do it. I got mine for Christmas, so 5 months out. I guess I'll see.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
money saving, nook cables
Previous Thread Next Thread