5,600,182 Members 40,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial for Upgrading the Bionic to 5.9.902 (+ Root)

Tip us?

crobs808
Old
(Last edited by crobs808; 27th February 2012 at 05:21 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 237
All,

My bandwidth jumped from 200MB per day to 11GB per day. That is why the site was down for a few hours yesterday, so I have moved the necessary files to 3rd party hosts. There are 4 parts, but they are the same files on every host (i.e. links are interchangeable), so you can download PART 1 from one host, then PART 2 from another host, and so on. See original post for the new download links. for now, I will still continue to host the 'motofail.exe' since it is a small file.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle, but I have 10 other sites on that same hosting account, and can't have a single file jeopardize them all. << Unless one of you wants to buy me dedicated hosting Ha. >>

Purist (less is more) | VZW SGS3 | CM 10.1 | Android Virtualization

Icculus760
Old
(Last edited by Icculus760; 6th March 2012 at 02:22 AM.) Reason: THE REASON, AS ALWAYS, IS THAT I'M AN IDIOT
Thanks Meter 15
Default THANKS....but :)

These instructions were AWESOME, thanks!

...but I suggest editing the OP to start step 7 w/ selecting "ADB Debug" in 'settings.' I just wasted 60 seconds trying to figure it out - can't imagine others being dumber than me, but it's possible so that should be included
OGDroid --> Bionic --> Verizon SGS4, but I'm too lazy to update my signature each time I flash something new, so
THANKS TO ALL THE DEV'S FOR KEEPING MY DEVICES SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN

azzat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice posts thank you

cruzizcaredonotn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was already on 902 since I just bought the phone last week and updated as soon as it was receiving service. My stomach was tide to a tight knot, my hands were shacking, my head was spinning. Motofail was successful, but when the phone rebooted for the last time a couple motorola processes failed and phone kept rebooting. removed battery, waited a few seconds, replaced battery, booted. SUCCESS!!! Did root checker basic,

thank you.

zeroxia
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks for such a comprehensive post.

crobs808
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 237
You're very welcome

Purist (less is more) | VZW SGS3 | CM 10.1 | Android Virtualization

bitsoglass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default download not available

This might be a very stupid question, and I apologize profusely if it is. I managed to download part 1 of the bionic updater, but when I try any of the 3 parts (regardless of which mirror site) it says that the file has been removed. Do I need to wait between downloads, or is there another place to get these files? I have been fine with not being able to upgrade to ice cream sandwich (it fails every time: It was rooted at one point, but has not been for a while and I have done a factory reset since) recently, because I have been just holding out for a phone upgrade. I recently just bought a Sony SmartWatch, though, and I wanted to be able to use one of Sony's apps that require ice cream sandwich. Again, sorry if I am honestly just not doing something I should be.