Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial for Upgrading the Bionic to 5.9.902 (+ Root)

OP crobs808

27th February 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #31  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 241

1,233 posts
More
All,

My bandwidth jumped from 200MB per day to 11GB per day. That is why the site was down for a few hours yesterday, so I have moved the necessary files to 3rd party hosts. There are 4 parts, but they are the same files on every host (i.e. links are interchangeable), so you can download PART 1 from one host, then PART 2 from another host, and so on. See original post for the new download links. for now, I will still continue to host the 'motofail.exe' since it is a small file.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle, but I have 10 other sites on that same hosting account, and can't have a single file jeopardize them all. << Unless one of you wants to buy me dedicated hosting Ha. >>
Last edited by crobs808; 27th February 2012 at 06:21 PM.
6th March 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 27

81 posts
THANKS....but :)
These instructions were AWESOME, thanks!

...but I suggest editing the OP to start step 7 w/ selecting "ADB Debug" in 'settings.' I just wasted 60 seconds trying to figure it out - can't imagine others being dumber than me, but it's possible so that should be included
Last edited by Icculus760; 6th March 2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: THE REASON, AS ALWAYS, IS THAT I'M AN IDIOT
13th March 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #33  
Flag ny
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Nice posts thank you
16th March 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
I was already on 902 since I just bought the phone last week and updated as soon as it was receiving service. My stomach was tide to a tight knot, my hands were shacking, my head was spinning. Motofail was successful, but when the phone rebooted for the last time a couple motorola processes failed and phone kept rebooting. removed battery, waited a few seconds, replaced battery, booted. SUCCESS!!! Did root checker basic,

thank you.
21st March 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 19

117 posts
Thanks for such a comprehensive post.
21st May 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #36  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 241

1,233 posts
More
You're very welcome
25th March 2013, 05:52 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
download not available
This might be a very stupid question, and I apologize profusely if it is. I managed to download part 1 of the bionic updater, but when I try any of the 3 parts (regardless of which mirror site) it says that the file has been removed. Do I need to wait between downloads, or is there another place to get these files? I have been fine with not being able to upgrade to ice cream sandwich (it fails every time: It was rooted at one point, but has not been for a while and I have done a factory reset since) recently, because I have been just holding out for a phone upgrade. I recently just bought a Sony SmartWatch, though, and I wanted to be able to use one of Sony's apps that require ice cream sandwich. Again, sorry if I am honestly just not doing something I should be.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread