FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3

5th March 2012, 02:52 PM |#211  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
This hack is strictly for the CDMA radio and has no effect at all on the GSM radio.

Authentication for data services and tethering on GSM is completely different and is controlled by the APN and stored on the SIM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th March 2012, 04:06 AM |#212  
mindstate's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

This hack is strictly for the CDMA radio and has no effect at all on the GSM radio.

Authentication for data services and tethering on GSM is completely different and is controlled by the APN and stored on the SIM.

ah, i get it. thanks for clearing that up.
31st March 2012, 08:52 AM |#213  
Q9Nap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 741
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks to CellZealot of TBH, we were able to modify the original d2/dx TBH update.zips to work on the d3; so you can use these to apply or remove the tether hack in clockwork recovery, without the need for radiocomm.
Note: this does NOT work with SafeStrap, only works on koush's clockwork or hashcode's tweaked clockwork.

patch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14481629/and..._Patch_1.0.zip

unpatch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14481629/and...npatch_1.0.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Q9Nap For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2012, 11:36 AM |#214  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
That does not work for me.
Gsm-user with mavrom.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
31st March 2012, 03:53 PM |#215  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
This hack is strictly for use on VZW's CDMA/EvDO network, as I stated above.
1st April 2012, 07:24 AM |#216  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Ok. So if i did the patch will make no effect on my phone... good..or bad...

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
1st April 2012, 07:29 AM |#217  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
That is correct. The NVM edits performed have no effect on the GSM radio.
7th April 2012, 10:18 PM |#218  
TimelesslyPrecise's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SouthWest Florida
Thanks Meter: 76
 
Donate to Me
More
Cool Source
OP, can you post these zips in the original post??

Q9, can you source a link to where you found these?

Thanks in Advance (and Thanks!!)
;]


Also, general question for everyone...
Is there any other NV edits (anybody may be aware of) not limited to, but mainly, pertaining to tethering hack?
i feel like i have done this hack, and tethering still not working.. (using cdma, not gsm)
T.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap

Thanks to CellZealot of TBH, we were able to modify the original d2/dx TBH update.zips to work on the d3; so you can use these to apply or remove the tether hack in clockwork recovery, without the need for radiocomm.
Note: this does NOT work with SafeStrap, only works on koush's clockwork or hashcode's tweaked clockwork.

patch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14481629/and..._Patch_1.0.zip

unpatch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14481629/and...npatch_1.0.zip



---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by faylix


2nd. You need a copy of Radiocom. Radiocom is a piece of software thats supposed to be for moto employees only and allows you to read and write data directly to your software radio. You need to search the internet for it, because its a copyrighted file I can't post it for you. You need to find the latest version. The best version I found was RadioCOmm_v11.11.11_Install.msi - You also need the .net framework installed on your computer. You can get that from Microsoft's site for free.

- faylix / local


Hey, could this be where you got RadioComm??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1138072


;]

Links still good as of 4-7-12
(Feel free to create a direct link to my post, here at your original post)
8th April 2012, 04:13 AM |#219  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
Q9Nap is an old friend and we went over it together and figured out what wasn 't working with the strings for the older zips and he made these up with the proper strings and updated binaries and tested them.

I no longer have a D3 to test them myself.

Any any recent versions of RadioComm you find on the net were released by me on various forums, going back to 11.7.4 from almost 3 years ago.

Here is 11.12.1 which is not the latest, but is the most recent posted publicly, I believe.

http://db.tt/JiTsoSd1
Last edited by cellzealot; 8th April 2012 at 04:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 04:27 AM |#220  
TimelesslyPrecise's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SouthWest Florida
Thanks Meter: 76
 
Donate to Me
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

Any recent versions of RadioComm you find on the net were released by me on various forums, going back to 11.7.4 from almost 3 years ago.

Here is 11.12.1 which is not the latest, but is the most recent posted publicly, I believe.

http://db.tt/JiTsoSd1


Haha, Sneaky!!! ;]

Mind if i update my post with this link?
well, upload to MediaFire, then update my post.. given your permission is granted..

Check PM ;]
I've got many questions related to D3 Radio, GSM, and cdma tethering
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes