Originally Posted by krzych
After copying files from zip into root (!) of the SD card (when copied with folder which is inside GBX - kernel does not find the root partition), kernel boots and runs fsck. Fsck then finds a load of errors on root partition, automatically fixes them and after that, I can see nice kernel panic or something like this. Funny thing is that touchpad calibration _still_works_, so I can touch few times, then it ends and all phone life ends too. Only vibrations are alive when i touch the screen ;P
Anyone can tell me what I did wrong?
After copying all with overwrite again I have a result like on screenshot.
How is this even possible to have "unclean" status of at least two system partition images while installing a fresh rom?
I suppose I know now what happened - kernel detected on my sd other root from different rom. Should change labels first.
I was wrong, solution is even worse - this rom cannot be installed on other partition than FIRST. It has to be mmcblk0p1 !
You really should mention this. I've lost an hour to get it booting...
Settings->Applications->Storage use, here, click third tab. It will run and immediately collapse (die) back to "applications". Then if you click anything, it will die too, but if you then click "Development", phone freezes. Only vibration still works while pressing "back" or "hangup". Battery removal is the only choice.
And I just wanted to check the size of the /data partition to know how much apps can be installed, so simple...
i was stuck at the same point. the reason to that is -i think- that i had partitions. once i deleteed them the phone booted normally...
testing for 1 day now.
1. bt doesn t transfer files. i tried with two other android phones and i couldn t transfer them.
2. wifi signal is very weak. longer than 2 meters and it loses signal
3i can t change keyboard. there is no option to choose keyboard so i installed a therd party keyboard and i couldn t select it. so i uninstalled the others to select this one.
4. i have random freezes. and i have to remove the battery. 5 times through the first day. all of them was the time i was using the japanese keyboard.
5. sound works as ringtone and when selecting things. i haven t tried media files yet. in time...
6. so far the build is pretty slow. i hope for an update to speed things up
but the best effort so far. welldone to the devs because it is a very serious work...