Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Tip us?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbennett View Post
Midnights kernel ext3 has no stuttering
Yes, because he disabled battery polling... derp.

That's not a fix... it's not even a workaround really.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrbennett
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yes, because he disabled battery polling... derp.

That's not a fix... it's not even a workaround really.
Works for me. OK not perfect but haho, legacy devices for me is just for fun.

Sent from my IceBread 2.3.7 using Tapatalk

king40
Old
Thanks Meter 11
but why i havnt audio
in rington or play music

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by king40 View Post
but why i havnt audio
in rington or play music
What the heck are you talking about?

Somehow I get the feeling you didn't follow the pre-install steps. Please re-read the first post, and tread lightly in TESTING threads. They're meant for developers and testers to report bugs, not to be run daily by users that can't report problems properly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

king40
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
What the heck are you talking about?

Somehow I get the feeling you didn't follow the pre-install steps. Please re-read the first post, and tread lightly in TESTING threads. They're meant for developers and testers to report bugs, not to be run daily by users that can't report problems properly.
ooooooooook
thanks

achkap
Old
(Last edited by achkap; 1st March 2012 at 07:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzych View Post
After copying files from zip into root (!) of the SD card (when copied with folder which is inside GBX - kernel does not find the root partition), kernel boots and runs fsck. Fsck then finds a load of errors on root partition, automatically fixes them and after that, I can see nice kernel panic or something like this. Funny thing is that touchpad calibration _still_works_, so I can touch few times, then it ends and all phone life ends too. Only vibrations are alive when i touch the screen ;P

Anyone can tell me what I did wrong?

After copying all with overwrite again I have a result like on screenshot.

How is this even possible to have "unclean" status of at least two system partition images while installing a fresh rom?

[edit]

I suppose I know now what happened - kernel detected on my sd other root from different rom. Should change labels first.

[/edit][edit]

I was wrong, solution is even worse - this rom cannot be installed on other partition than FIRST. It has to be mmcblk0p1 !
You really should mention this. I've lost an hour to get it booting...

[/edit][edit]

Settings->Applications->Storage use, here, click third tab. It will run and immediately collapse (die) back to "applications". Then if you click anything, it will die too, but if you then click "Development", phone freezes. Only vibration still works while pressing "back" or "hangup". Battery removal is the only choice.
And I just wanted to check the size of the /data partition to know how much apps can be installed, so simple...

[/edit]
i was stuck at the same point. the reason to that is -i think- that i had partitions. once i deleteed them the phone booted normally...

testing for 1 day now.
1. bt doesn t transfer files. i tried with two other android phones and i couldn t transfer them.
2. wifi signal is very weak. longer than 2 meters and it loses signal
3i can t change keyboard. there is no option to choose keyboard so i installed a therd party keyboard and i couldn t select it. so i uninstalled the others to select this one.
4. i have random freezes. and i have to remove the battery. 5 times through the first day. all of them was the time i was using the japanese keyboard.
5. sound works as ringtone and when selecting things. i haven t tried media files yet. in time...
6. so far the build is pretty slow. i hope for an update to speed things up

but the best effort so far. welldone to the devs because it is a very serious work...

mrbennett
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This project seems very idle over here. Is this project still being worked on for an actual release or is the beta version the best it will get?. There seems to be lots of version of the gb base, but my opinion is midnights bundle works the best for me based on ext3. As a second devise it really is usable for everyday use.

HTC Blackstone.

mrbennett
Old
Thanks Meter 11
no reply ehh. Seems the statement is correct. Shame.

HTC Sensation

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbennett View Post
no reply ehh. Seems the statement is correct. Shame.
Patches are always welcome.

Not sure what type of response you were expecting - there's never been, and unfortunately there probably never will be a real dev for Blackstone.

If you have a Sensation, I'm not sure what your concern is. This is a very old device.

Halsahaf
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi, now when i open haret apears a top keybord on my scrren and never close...
Any ideas how to close it?