Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[DEV][UPDATED] ota update.zip with root and 'rescue-backroor' builtin! [not-released]

OP condi

6th March 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 892
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

Since we now have a SIGNED flashable update.zip, here is a little something I made to install busybox, su, symlinks, etc to root the unrootable kernels. The problem I am running into is signing it so it will pass the signature verification. I attached it for all to use and attempt to get it signed and runable. I only ask that you don't change anything in the flashing script untill you contact me. Thanks...

We dont have signed update.zip. Who said that its signed zip?
The script is nothing new, i had few updaters with root install,
I've got already my newest ota with root included.
Your script has bad syntax, it will not work.

If i could sign zips with sonys private key, then i would already release root tool,
And also a lot more..

As I wrote in first post, there is a lot of work to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to condi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 09:57 AM   |  #12  
obicom's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 80
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hi Condi,

could you explain a little bit more what and how you did to avoid misunderstandings?
On a first glimpse it looks like a 'faked update.zip' who gives you/us the opportunity to install additional stuff via recovery. If this would be possible, it gives us a lot of possibilities.
6th March 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 892
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by obicom

Hi Condi,

could you explain a little bit more what and how you did to avoid misunderstandings?
On a first glimpse it looks like a 'faked update.zip' who gives you/us the opportunity to install additional stuff via recovery. If this would be possible, it gives us a lot of possibilities.

For now its not useful for 'end-user'. This can't be done without root already.
Everything what can be done via updater-script, can also be done in normal booted device - rooted device.


Until we could manage to modify/decrypt system.img, hidden.img - all the blocks, then its not useful.
I will wait till ICS will be released, this could be our kind of 'OTA-RootKeeper' for ICS
Then I think that I could add this future, as automatic tool in ALLinONE tool.

br
condi
Last edited by condi; 6th March 2012 at 11:51 AM.
6th March 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #14  
thomas.raines's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,309
 
1,875 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by condi

We dont have signed update.zip. Who said that its signed zip?
The script is nothing new, i had few updaters with root install,
I've got already my newest ota with root included.
Your script has bad syntax, it will not work.

If i could sign zips with sonys private key, then i would already release root tool,
And also a lot more..

As I wrote in first post, there is a lot of work to do.

The zip you flashed is called update-signed.zip, leaving the illusion it's a custom signed zip...
We need to find a way to modify the recovery to bypass the signature verification. After that, no encryption necessary. As for the
syntax error, i will look at it tonight after work...

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!
6th March 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 892
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

The zip you flashed is called update-signed.zip, leaving the illusion it's a custom signed zip...
We need to find a way to modify the recovery to bypass the signature verification. After that, no encryption necessary. As for the
syntax error, i will look at it tonight after work...

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!

Nope, zip is called update_condi.zip
6th March 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 147
 
1,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

The zip you flashed is called update-signed.zip, leaving the illusion it's a custom signed zip...
We need to find a way to modify the recovery to bypass the signature verification. After that, no encryption necessary. As for the
syntax error, i will look at it tonight after work...

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!

Nobody - in any forum, in any device I know - has bypassed Recovery Mode signature verification. Devs just made custom recoveries (CWM), but the default recovery needs always signed update.zips
We need a custom kernel to include custom recovery.
But to make a kernel we need SOURCES, which we do not have.
Maybe Sony will release ICS souces.
With Honeycomb there were some restrictions...and even Google haven't released sources for Honeycomb, but I hope it will be different for ICS...
6th March 2012, 01:49 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
@sebarkh
Some hints.

Here you can see that the stock 3e recovery can be modded to disable the sign check.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1091465
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=909213

In one of the dev toics was the source link posted. I mean the sony website and kernel sources.
here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=7
Last edited by norberto_; 6th March 2012 at 01:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to norberto_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #18  
thomas.raines's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 3,309
 
1,875 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norberto_

@sebarkh
Some hints.

Here you can see that the stock 3e recovery can be modded to disable the sign check.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1091465
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=909213

In one of the dev toics was the source link posted. I mean the sony website and kernel sources.
here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=7

That's exactly it. There have been devices that have bypassed the signature verification using 3e recovery without using cwm... Which was the base for the custom recovery i was working on till i got locked out because of kennel 10. I'm not a noob here guys...
With the sgs4g, we had the same issue with sources, kernel, recovery, signature verification, etc. but we had more dev's which made things move along faster.

We need the recovery binary (which i have), root, and the true location of the stock recovery (tried bypassing and using the typical directory) and it will be done. (Hell, I've already got it somewhat working.) Then we can create a zip based cwm that you keep on your sdcard.

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!
Last edited by thomas.raines; 6th March 2012 at 03:07 PM.
6th March 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
140 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
you wrote you have the recovery binary.
have you dumped somehow from the tablet or it is from other device?
6th March 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 147
 
1,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norberto_

@sebarkh
Some hints.

Here you can see that the stock 3e recovery can be modded to disable the sign check.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1091465
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=909213

In one of the dev toics was the source link posted. I mean the sony website and kernel sources.
here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...98&postcount=7

I meant Original recovery... You are linking to MODIFIED recovery...
With original recovery you will never be able to install anything without a key to sign it.

THX for links!!!
So .. if we have sources maybe somebody who "knows how" could build a kernel? Are there some problems with it? Or maybe nobody knows how
Last edited by sebarkh; 6th March 2012 at 04:07 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes