Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[tweak] improve 3d performance of lg p500 - updated

Tip us?

rk00064
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakamineSubasa View Post
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=v,o=y seems to be the offendant line, removing it will allow me to boot fine, othewise i get a bootloop in CM nightlies... (wiping dalvik does not help..)

Even though it boots, it doesnt do justice in traditional benchs, neocore (61.7) and quadrant (1024) @748 performance, those are practically the same scores i usually get without this tweak...

havent tried antutu nor playing games yet...

BTW, theres kinda similar tweak in optimus black
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1323005
I'm seriously talking abt oxygen n slimgen roms, i have tested only in those two... soon i ll test with nfe rom.... i was getting around 57fps in neocore in oxygen after adding this tweak it improved to around 62fps... it is really good rite
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rk00064 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trettet
Old
(Last edited by trettet; 6th March 2012 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk00064 View Post
I'm seriously talking abt oxygen n slimgen roms, i have tested only in those two... soon i ll test with nfe rom.... i was getting around 57fps in neocore in oxygen after adding this tweak it improved to around 62fps... it is really good rite
73.3 FPS with PerfectPeso and its stock kernel clocked at 768Mhz with smartassV2 Governor...you earned a thank you from me
Phone: LG Optimus One (P500)

Recovery: TWRP v1.0.3.8

ROM: PerfectPeso v2.2

Kernel: thachtunganh.Kernel-v1.3 (MODDED by me)

-----------------------------------------------------
Future Phones:

Sony Xperia Sola! FINAL!!!!
Show me some support and click this LINK and Skip the Ad :P

deniso177
Old
Thanks Meter 145
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=280 seems a bit excessive , have you tested it with say 150 or 180?
Android Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
Samsung Galaxy S2
LG-P500

vlt96
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniso177 View Post
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=280 seems a bit excessive , have you tested it with say 150 or 180?
Isn't this the max fps?

I was born in the '90's... 1290's >
Motorola Moto G 4G (XT1039) [peregrine]

Past devices:
3. Moto G 16GB dual SIM (XT1033) [falcon]

Got in the sea with it in my pocket, goodbye

2. Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (GT I8190) - great development, bad battery, awesome phone to have as an XDA member, bad phone to have if you rely on Samsung, never rely on Samsung [golden]
1. LG Optimus One P500 - 4 year old budget device, still has KitKat o.O [thunderg/p500]

The post that will make your day is NOT THE BUTTON BELOW

trettet
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96 View Post
Isn't this the max fps?

based from my experience of cooking roms the higher the value of windowsmgr max events the slower the ui gets...like all those animations and stuff
Phone: LG Optimus One (P500)

Recovery: TWRP v1.0.3.8

ROM: PerfectPeso v2.2

Kernel: thachtunganh.Kernel-v1.3 (MODDED by me)

Future Phones:

Sony Xperia Sola! FINAL!!!!
Show me some support and click this LINK and Skip the Ad :P

vlt96
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettet View Post
based from my experience of cooking roms the higher the value of windowsmgr max events the slower the ui gets...like all those animations and stuff
yea I guess that should be caped at 60... our eye only sees at 50, so setting to 280 may only allow UI to jump the CPU... and lag...

Past devices:

2. Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (GT I8190) - great development, bad battery, awesome phone to have as an XDA member, bad phone to have if you rely on Samsung, never rely on Samsung [golden]
1. LG Optimus One P500 - 4 year old budget device, still has KitKat o.O [thunderg/p500]

Roqu3
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
I used to have it at 150, then changed to 500 and everything went smoother when scrolling, made that on my custom v20 and cm nightlies

vlt96
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roqu3 View Post
I used to have it at 150, then changed to 500 and everything went smoother when scrolling, made that on my custom v20 and cm nightlies
LCD/LED screen support a max of 300

Past devices:

The Following User Says Thank You to vlt96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Roqu3
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
73.3 FPS with PerfectPeso and its stock kernel clocked at 768Mhz with smartassV2 Governor...you earned a thank you from me
I guess you are using a kernel with vsync-off

______

The dalvik lines on build.prop have nothing to do with 3d, they are related (obviously) to dalvik and to make effect the dalvik cache must be wiped i remember this was a tweak that came from an lg540 dev.

Deleting that Android lib is a known tweak to force system to use adreno libs as default, what I'm not sure is about that updated adreno libs, they seem to be the same we have (same size) but comparing them using other software seems that they are different in some way, anyone knows where they came from?

Bec de Xorbin
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roqu3 View Post
Change it to, say, 5000. Maybe your phone will fly then.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec de Xorbin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]