FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] New Flyer User & HC ????

1,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 717

By CCallahan, Senior Member on 3rd March 2012, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Obviously by the post title I have only had the Flyer for a short time. My unit came with stock GB and I rooted it.

Having read a lot of threads the past 2-3 days in Development and others, I am thoroughly confused on the advantages/disadvantages of having HC via the official HTC unlock/OTA and rooting s-off/custom rom methods. What makes unlocking via HTC a bad thing? Loss of warranty? I only have a 90-day anyways so not sure I care about that. Does doing it the official way fix the GPS lock issues with HC? Or, does it still suffer from the same issues? I would love to go to a custom HC rom to allow ability to run various pen apps that require HC but don't want to sacrifice GPS in the process.

Also, what runs faster on the Flyer, GB or HC?

I know there are already a lot of posts about this but it seems to be scattered and some say one thing and other say another so the question on upgrading and method to do it is a bit fuzzy.
Last edited by CCallahan; 3rd March 2012 at 01:53 AM.

3rd March 2012, 02:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,224

More
Gb vs hc is opinion and preference. If going to hc use globatrons s off method posted in development

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
3rd March 2012, 02:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rock Chalk
Thanks Meter: 717

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758

Gb vs hc is opinion and preference. If going to hc use globatrons s off method posted in development

Right. But, if one can still go back to GB and root via rev. method is there really any disadvantage to doing the official unlock/HC OTA besides warranty loss? Does GPS work good doing it the HTC way? I have read posts with contradicting statements on this.
3rd March 2012, 02:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,224

More
I can not speak to that. I never use the GPS on my flyer

6th March 2012, 09:29 AM |#5  
Flag Neverending Land
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan

Right. But, if one can still go back to GB and root via rev. method is there really any disadvantage to doing the official unlock/HC OTA besides warranty loss?

Check this link out:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...21&postcount=2
6th March 2012, 01:00 PM |#6  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 633

More
You can always go back to stock GB and root.
Unlock is not the same as S-OFF
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread