Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slow touch?

Tip us?

ArtieQ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Uploaded a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFO45-u07AU
Google Nexus 5 32GB (LG-D821)

ROM: Cataclysm 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4 | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Franco (R37)

AndyFZ1S
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Looking at your video it seems perfectly normal to me, None of my WP7 devices have ever been any better than your Titan, (2xHD7 and a Titan) Maybe it's just a case of getting over your last phone and adapting to the way Windows Phone works, Took me ages after win Mo 6.5

clemsouille
Old
(Last edited by clemsouille; 29th February 2012 at 08:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi ArtieQ,
I have the same feeling as you : the scroll doesn't follow immediatly the finger, compared to my Omnia 7 or my iPhone. I hope HTC will fix this with an update, but I'm dreaming...

ArtieQ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsouille View Post
Hi ArtieQ,
I have the same feeling as you : the scroll doesn't follow immediatly the finger, compared to my Omnia 7 or my iPhone. I hope HTC will fix this with an update, but I'm dreaming...
I'm glad I wasn't the only one, because yesterday I was about to send in my Titan for warranty repair but later changed my mind. I really hope this is software related, but I think not.

ROM: Cataclysm 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4 | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Franco (R37)

clemsouille
Old
(Last edited by clemsouille; 6th March 2012 at 03:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I was also glad when I saw your post because nobody except you has noticed it. But if you look at any video of the titan, you'll see the problem is always here...

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

ArtieQ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsouille View Post
I was also glas when I saw your post because nobody except you has noticed it. But if you look at any video of the titan, you'll see the problem is always here...

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
I found this thread as well: http://forums.wpcentral.com/phone-wars/184480.htm

mikaelp74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have both an Omnia 7 and a Titan and one thing i noticed on the Titan is that if I don't hold the phone with one hand and use the other for touch the screen lags and failes to register the finger at times. On the Omnia 7 I don't have this problem. The Titan might be worse either way but it's a huge difference when not holding the phone on my Titan atleast

It's easy to reproduce in some games... I get missed swipes (fruit ninja) or birds that fly when I am still trying to get the perfect angle (angry birds).

I was hoping for a firmware to fix this but didn't know if anyone else have a problem so havent bothered reporting it to HTC. I guess if we don't the wont know it's a problem?

//Mikael P

suua
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Its got nothing to do with the OS if someone is wondering that! this is an HTC thing, evry phone from HTC have this, its just thay are not as responsiv as a Samsung phone or an IPhone, just look at HTC phone with Android its the same slow respons. if im not worng, this is an Screen issue, i mean an HTC issue HTC use on there phones.
LG beast(G2) AOSP