Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 39,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Script] Safe bloat removal script (50+ apps) [UPDATED 9/1/2011]

Tip us?

Yonnor
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilalk View Post
Thank you for that
No problem

This version has a ton of options, even has a Black Background option in the settings, you just have to restart the app for it to show up after you select it.

morse coded via my DROID 3
| Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v4.0.2 |
Proud Navy Sailor

bsteph10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Default Messaging restore

Hi, I removed the .bak from the Messaging.apk and Messaging.odex and I'm able to open the Messaging app but everytime I hit the "Text Messaging" section I get a force close. If I leave Messaging.odex.bak I get an immediate force close when I try to start messaging. Anybody else been able to successfully re-enable Messaging?

I have Handcent installed btw, could there be a conflict?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Ok, nm about my previous post. I used the CMMS.apk posted by Yonnor and that's more of what I wanted anyway, the vanilla Android messaging app. Thanks to Yonnor

Yonnor
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsteph10 View Post
Hi, I removed the .bak from the Messaging.apk and Messaging.odex and I'm able to open the Messaging app but everytime I hit the "Text Messaging" section I get a force close. If I leave Messaging.odex.bak I get an immediate force close when I try to start messaging. Anybody else been able to successfully re-enable Messaging?

I have Handcent installed btw, could there be a conflict?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Ok, nm about my previous post. I used the CMMS.apk posted by Yonnor and that's more of what I wanted anyway, the vanilla Android messaging app. Thanks to Yonnor
Glad I could help.

The problem you ran into though I believe stems from the interdependence of Moto apps on the D3. You need the Messaging APK, Conversations APK and 1 other I can't recall to have Texting to work. Or like you found, the CM-Messaging is all you need in the case you want a more AOSP feel
Proud Navy Sailor

cisland2000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Scripts for deodexed

Dear psouza4,

thank you for your scripts,

and

In my country we have to deodex Stock ROM's to be able to localize it,

so

Do you have (or if possible you modify ) scripts for :

- deodexed 5.5.959
- deodexed 5.6.890
- deodexed 5.7.894

the latest is the better,

Thank you

Yonnor
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisland2000 View Post
Dear psouza4,

thank you for your scripts,

and

In my country we have to deodex Stock ROM's to be able to localize it,

so

Do you have (or if possible you modify ) scripts for :

- deodexed 5.5.959
- deodexed 5.6.890
- deodexed 5.7.894

the latest is the better,

Thank you
If you are rooted, there are stock deodexed Update.zips floating around on Rootzwiki.com and you can just boot into recovery and flash them.

Can't recall if they have the latest version but I know for sure they have the previous System Versions.

morse coded via my DROID 3
Proud Navy Sailor

kernelguy
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Boot loop after running the bloat removal script?

I recently received an unlocked D3 running 5.6.890. I rooted it, installed safestrap on it, backed up the system from the recovery menu, rebooted and ran the bloat removal script. In the next reboot the system went into a boot loop. Has anyone seen this issue? I did say 'no' to keeping the messaging apps.

BTW, the system backup seemed to have a bad md5 and restore didn't work. I could turn on safe mode and flash motoblur 5.6.890 rom on the phone and get it out of the boot loop.
Droid 4 | DoCoMo GSM | Stock JB
Droid 3 | DoCoMo GSM | CM 9.x
Droid2 Global (stolen)
AT&T Tilt (Kaiser) CM6.x (broken screen)

scbond
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sorry if this has been mentioned and I've missed it but is it possibly to remove everything as per the script and then install the stock Google apps such as the standard text, email and calendar apps?

Dunkelherzmann
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, I think I found a bug in the scripts, "ZumoCast_1.0.17.apk" in your scripts is depicted as "ZumoCast-1.0.17.apk" So, when I run the "Remove Bloatware Script" Zumo cast is not removed even if I chose it to be...

I opened the script with notepad and changed "-" to "_" problem solved...

Just making an observation as I don't quite like "ZumoCast"

Keep up the good work!

nkg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I tried rooting my Bionic which has 902 with your rooting tool but I keep getting error message. I downloaded you tool version 1.07 and it says 1.07 when I see it in my folder but when I run it it says ver 1.06. Also, you said to download the motorola drivers ver 5.2 but when I try to install it it says I have later ver version installed and it does not install drivers (I have ver 5.5 of drivers). When I try using your root tool without changing from driver ver 5.5 I get error message "adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method.

I would appreciate your guidance to root my Bionic

Bo W
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I live the script but i use business calendar to sync my google calendar. This script disables google calendars. At least after inran the script, no calendar information is available in in the business cal. app. Could someone guide me as to how to use the AWESOME tool but keep my calendar functionality?

Tags
bloat, freeze, guide, script