Unlocked HTC Titan not getting 8107 update

Search This thread

wheelerk

Feb 22, 2011
I carrier unlocked my phone ATT Titan on Friday. I tested by installed a T-mobile SIM and i was receiving network signal on the T-mobile network. However, I'm not receiving the 8107 update. Is this not the same as having a debranded phone? I debranded my Samsung Focus and the update followed soon after. Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Thanks

xtrememanix

Jun 2, 2009
its not the same as having a debranded phone ! .

the process of unlocking you mentioned just allows you to use other sim cards on an at&t device . but your device is still an at&t device .

the only true way of unbranding your phone now is to flash an unbranded rom . which i think its still not possible as of now .

wheelerk

Feb 22, 2011
its not the same as having a debranded phone ! .

the process of unlocking you mentioned just allows you to use other sim cards on an at&t device . but your device is still an at&t device .

the only true way of unbranding your phone now is to flash an unbranded rom . which i think its still not possible as of now .

DOH!!!!!!! That would explain why my Focus got the update. I flashed it witha custom ROM and then it got the update. So there aren't any custom HTC Titan ROMs?

sandpappa

Sep 6, 2009
I have a unlocked titan but i have not got the update yet. Anything i can do to get it?

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Have you tried forcing the update through Zune? Search for an update then see if it finds one, If not search again and you will need to unplug your Modem/Lan cable as it searches again, Its a trial and error thing and getting the timing right is the difficult part, I managed to force the 8107 using this method, There should be some threads lurking around somewhere on XDA, Best of luck.
Also remember it is the network carriers who dish out the updates, Maybe if you put an ATT sim back in it may update easier then you can go back to T-mobile etc.

Last edited:

wheelerk

Feb 22, 2011
Do you need interop unlock for reg access?

Sent from my HTC TITAN using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
No custom ROMs yet, Don't know about REG access but imagine you would need a dev unlocked device.

sandpappa

Sep 6, 2009
Have you tried forcing the update through Zune? Search for an update then see if it finds one, If not search again and you will need to unplug your Modem/Lan cable as it searches again, Its a trial and error thing and getting the timing right is the difficult part, I managed to force the 8107 using this method, There should be some threads lurking around somewhere on XDA, Best of luck.
Also remember it is the network carriers who dish out the updates, Maybe if you put an ATT sim back in it may update easier then you can go back to T-mobile etc.

Got it now! :) But i have an unlocked Titan.

wheelerk

Feb 22, 2011
Got what and how. My phone is dev unlocked

Sent from my HTC TITAN using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
Use the cab sender. That's what i did and install the languages.

Don't even have to be unlocked to use it.