Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bluetooth car receivers

Tip us?

jdog826
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default bluetooth car receivers

hey guys,
anyone have any experience using bluetooth to stream audio(music) to a car receiver? how is the qualitly?
i'm in the market for a new head unit and i would like go wireless. i had been using the headphone jack to the aux port but i got rid of that car. i can't post links yet but i was looking at this model from crutchfield: Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

corvettejoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got one for my truck, I THINK it's model: Dual XHD7714.
I've owned mine over 6 months now, run it hard, have had everything connected to it and it works well.

After I got my Evo, I started exclusively using the Bluetooth connectivity for Pandora and local media I had copied to the SD card. Never had any issues. Phone calls come through clear as well. You can even control the basic play functions from the head unit as well (to your phone).... such as skip songs in Pandora, pausing, etc.

I have it hooked up to multiple amps (full speakers, subs, etc)
No issues at all.
My Evo and the radio connect very quickly every time I get in the truck.

Not bad for $100.

fendergrab
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have had three of the Sony Xpload series recievers, and all of them have worked flawlessly using Bluetooth on my Evo. The only issue I have seen is that with the windows down or a loud interior the call clarity is poor, but no worse than using the phones speakerphone.

aweskelo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I use BT exclusively...no more cd's, no more radio, etc. Just make sure your head unit can stream...a lot of them advertise BT, but most will only do BT calling.

nivron
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Agreed. I just put in a Kenwood DNX6160 with integrated BT. It's an awesome radio. The lower models require a separate BT module... How silly is that... Except that the lower models + the BT modules enable the A2DP, while my higher model with integrated BT can only do phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweskelo View Post
I use BT exclusively...no more cd's, no more radio, etc. Just make sure your head unit can stream...a lot of them advertise BT, but most will only do BT calling.
Current - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Asus Transformer TF101
Previously - Epic 4G Touch - EVO 4G

1x/3G Mod - Sense (based on EVO 4G), TouchWiz (based on E4GT), TouchWiz (based on S4)

tltb26
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have a JVC KW-AVX740 with built-in BT (audio & phone use). The audio is decent to good but the phone use is terrible. I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro for my calls (overall, a great bt device).

At this point, I don't use my phone much to listen to music. It is convenient not to carry another device...but I've been carrying 2 devices for so long, it's habit. Plus I don't want to compromise my battery life & phone usage (for music purposes)...as it is my primary communications device.