5,596,568 Members 40,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Live FM radio on atrix 2 (no data needed)

Tip us?

ryanpa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Live FM radio on atrix 2 (no data needed)

I just tested it and it works like a charm.

https://market.android.com/details?i...S5mbXJhZGlvIl0.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanpa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alteredlikeness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4518

DONATE TO ME
Yea, that's the one I got.. I actually use the one on my mp3 player most often though.. npr all day in the background at work.
FYI- there's also one in the stock "My Music 2.3.6" app. But I froze that one because it kept popping on in the background, and it gets rid of the at&t music store app too..

sazhagianambi
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Thank you for details, as I was wondering what could be best way to follow NPR in phone(especially when i don' have wifi)..just one question what headphone recommended?

alteredlikeness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4518

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazhagianambi View Post
Thank you for details, as I was wondering what could be best way to follow NPR in phone(especially when i don' have wifi)..just one question what headphone recommended?
You can find your local station that plays npr here: npr.org/templates/stations/stations

The radio apps should work without wifi or data, you just need to plug in your headphones (they act as an antenna). And any headphones should work, or get a double ended 3.5 mm jack and listen through your car or computer.
Another option is to get a cheap mp3 player with a built in fm radio..
The Following User Says Thank You to alteredlikeness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sazhagianambi
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post
You can find your local station that plays npr here: npr.org/templates/stations/stations

The radio apps should work without wifi or data, you just need to plug in your headphones (they act as an antenna). And any headphones should work, or get a double ended 3.5 mm jack and listen through your car or computer.
Thanks..Good to know any headphone works..I tried the app and it works, bummer is for some reason it works between 95.7 to 105.0 mhz..NPR in my place comes on 91.7 which isn't getting on this app for some reason..anyway thank you for details.

ritvikp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post

But how is this different from the built in FM Radio on the Atrix 2? Try the one on ICS, still better. Can be listened through the spk phone as well, with hd phones plugged though.

cowenby
Old
Thanks Meter 24
It's purely a radio app, meaning that it's not having to run the entire music app just so you can listen to the radio. I don't know about ICS (as I have been lenient to upgrade), but on GB I actually noticed a significant battery increase when I used the FM radio app as opposed to the built in app.

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Phones:
Motorola Moto X on AT&T
Motorola Atrix 2 on AT&T
Motorola BackFlip on AT&T