Samsung Galaxy Note/GT-N7000 WIKI -Please Help To Update-

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007

Hi all

I have created the Galaxy Note Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out note newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly Note Moderation Team:)

Last edited:

tbran

May 28, 2008
Syracuse, NY
My only thought is that it is geared to the N7000 specs so far. But understandable since the I717 isn't even out yet. But it looks nice and could be a really awesome resource.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy II SR via Tapatalk

brunte

Aug 19, 2009
Well done. Thanks for the effort.
Maybe GLONASS should be included in the specs list.

Last edited by a moderator:

gce21

Apr 20, 2012
Not booting my galaxy note

Hi guys im noob in here, need some help for my samsung galaxy note after rooting it its not booting up some exclamation yellow triangle appearing if u turn on and then it goes off by it self....I think i've done a wrong procedure in here....somebody can help me find a correct ClockworkMod Recovery Odin flashable .tar file for galaxy note.....plssssssssss......:(

Dirty micro usb connector

Might want to keep this one handy. It's shown up on multiple discussion
groups. "phantom" USB connections. Device will think it is connecting,
disconnecting. If it isn't a damaged USB port, it might just be contaminated.
Found photos of a clean & dirty port.

USB1.jpg

After hitting it with a can of air to remove the dust/debris, I found a green
substance, shaded here in red, of contamination of the pins 4 & 5, which
according to the microusb wiki, is used for ID and or cable connection to
alert a device of a cable being connected.

USB2.jpg

Pulled the battery, dipped a LINT FREE cloth in alcohol, cleaned it, let it
dry, then hit it again with a blast of canned air, now it looks like this!

USB3.jpg

Not one issue since Monday.

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007

Added a link in the wiki, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all

I have created the Galaxy Note Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out note newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly Note Moderation Team:)
    Dirty micro usb connector

USB1.jpg

After hitting it with a can of air to remove the dust/debris, I found a green
    substance, shaded here in red, of contamination of the pins 4 & 5, which
    according to the microusb wiki, is used for ID and or cable connection to
    alert a device of a cable being connected.

USB2.jpg

Pulled the battery, dipped a LINT FREE cloth in alcohol, cleaned it, let it
    dry, then hit it again with a blast of canned air, now it looks like this!

USB3.jpg

linux-os section contribution

I'd like to contribute a section in the wiki on linux-os-only tools and guides. See my post in:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1533741

Is this or interest ?
    Great Wiki. Just cleaning up a few details on the specs. The compass is a magnetometer, its the software that interprets the data and gives compass readings. the magnetometer can be used for many other applications. I removed reference to 'Gorilla Glass' Samsung sometime ago, confessed that the branded Gorilla glass was not used in the GTN7k, but Samsungs own 'version' of it.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but I know there are people who do not want a compass, but they do want a magnetometer. Couple of universities are carrying out experiments with smartphone mags. Hence my being pedantic.

....and just to repeat...Great Wiki.....:D

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

....Also, I would like to add a short piece under the 'Tips section' about using the 'note with HDMI. Is there any particular way to do this, or just type away?..;)

Its best to start a thread with the advice (if one does not already exist), and then add a link to it in the wiki.

Peace!
    Is there a guide on how to deodex Note's stock Samsung ROM? I did a few search in the Wiki, can't find much info that is related to Note.

As far as i am aware, no. Have you searched the main note forum?

My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
    Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
    Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

The Ram situation is normal, it is the way android operates, there are many threads about this in multiple forums.

As for the battery use, try downloading a battery monitor app from the market, i would imagine you have a rouge app thats eating your battery.

I dont quite think its time to sell up yet:rolleyes:

Questions are best posted in the Q&A section, you would probably of got a faster response there.

Peace!