Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

OUTDATED[Guide] Setting up/using adb/fastboot-unlock, flash custom recovery & root

OP okantomi

17th February 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #261  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Awesome! This made Rooting SO easy. Thanks for all the info!
17th February 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #262  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715

3,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtleg88

Awesome! This made Rooting SO easy. Thanks for all the info!

My pleasure! And thanks for keeping the thread bumped. I wish it would get stickied.
7th March 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #263  

1 posts
Need Help
I completed the entire procedure without an issue..
fastboot oem unlock - OK
fastboot flash recovery recovery-solarnz-100611-1150.img - OK
Rooting the Xoom with Universal Root - OK
When I reboot the Xoom after this it stays on the Motorola Dual Core Screen and nothing happens...

What is wrong?
How do I fix this?

Thanks
Guy
13th March 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #264  
Columbus, OH

1 posts
More
Wow... this guide was great!! Everything worked... I had some issues but mostly because I am a noob. I became a member of this forum to say thanks!! Next step is adding custom ROM's.
14th March 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #265  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

3,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguindon

I completed the entire procedure without an issue..
fastboot oem unlock - OK
fastboot flash recovery recovery-solarnz-100611-1150.img - OK
Rooting the Xoom with Universal Root - OK
When I reboot the Xoom after this it stays on the Motorola Dual Core Screen and nothing happens...

What is wrong?
How do I fix this?

Thanks
Guy

Are you still having problems with this or have you resolved it?
Hopefully it's all good...
14th March 2012, 01:31 AM   |  #266  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

3,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itszasecret

Wow... this guide was great!! Everything worked... I had some issues but mostly because I am a noob. I became a member of this forum to say thanks!! Next step is adding custom ROM's.

You will love the roms that are available for the Xoom...especially EOS nightlys...
7th April 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #267  
Flag Tel Aviv

33 posts
More
the green bot of !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Buggs

Has anyone come up with an good answer for this problem

well my name Is Yotam and i am a student to software engineering I got a motorola XOOM MZ601 base ver h.6.5-17-1 which is the same as Build H.6.1-38-9 for Retail Other International which I have download. I have yet to root my device which is a 3g + wifi device at the moment with not UMTS connected. I couldn't root because the flash recovery refused to work always the error of :cann't load. i have checked repeatedly the SP no syntex errors. now the xoom runs at the moment on HC 3.2 for Orange. from what i understood there is a security thing so i need to restart to an earlier ver so i can reboot everything and so i can actully use flash and finally root it. i tried about everything. i am on this for more then 8 hours trust me i've tried. I really have no idea what to do, the device is currently unlocked for when i relock it it goes to semi brick and i must unlock it. the main problem is that i can't load any! image file using the fastboot flash methood. any ideas? thanks
7th April 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #268  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 53

201 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi

Do not relock! After your Xoom boots back up and goes into the setup screens skip setup and enable usb debugging. You may then allow just the OTA updates to take you to HC 3.2
Proceed to Step 4.1, above.

I believe this may be incorrect. I restored to stock and then accepted the OTA to 3.2 but still found the files in question under /system. I didn't want to risk anything so I simply restored back to stock and proceeded on without issue. I really don't think any of the ota updates are needed if you have the microsd adapter to load your roms/zips onto the sdcard via your pc before you begin the process. Clockword Recovery will see the sdcard regardless of whether or not Honeycomb will.

Either way, thanks for the guide. Especially including that quoted bit about those ota updates. I followed through your guide until I got clockword recovery flashed and from there I just did a nandroid and flashed over SteadyHawkin's CM9 rom with no issues at all. Thanks for putting this together and helping me free my device
7th April 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #269  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford/Leicester, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,388

1,839 posts
Donate to Me
More
Recently got my xoom and generally knew what i was doing to root and all but the guide helped make it clear. A big thank you!

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
7th April 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #270  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

3,019 posts
More
@yotamleo11, I'm sorry that you are struggling with this. It is possible that, as kofrad says in the post below yours, that you don't need to allow those ota updates once you've flashed back to stock. Just make sure that you have your command window opened from within the folder where you have the image files you wish to flash.

Keep at it. You will get it.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, tiamat recovery, universal xoom root
Previous Thread Next Thread