Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why ICS custom roms drain so much battery?

Tip us?

paulinodf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Why ICS custom roms drain so much battery?

I loved all ICS custom roms I tested (all of them, I think)... but they are really poor in one aspect: the battery life. It's awful... 50% in 3 hours or less with average use. Is there any solution for that? Which one do you guys use? Thanks

iamgeef
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm using IceLite by zdzihu on my LT15 and my battery performance is great.

I think that some baseband's are better than others for battery, also, I've added this to my build.prop file:

ro.semc.enable.fast_dormancy=false

G

sinkster
Old
Thanks Meter 335
There's a bug in ICS beta that drains batttery with wifi off, though it doesn't seem to be present in Z's icelite.

CrazyPeter
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkster View Post
There's a bug in ICS beta that drains batttery with wifi off, though it doesn't seem to be present in Z's icelite.
It's in all of them, but it's intermittent.

Some days things would be great, then all of a sudden it would start draining the battery like crazy.

Some people never suffer it, but that does not mean the bug is not there, just that they aren't doing whatever is needed to trigger it.

wayne850
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I'm using Z's ICElite and i have the best battery life i ever had. it's even better than on gb arconium. I'm loosing about 1% per hour on idle. Ok the first time i flashed icelite my whole battery was dead in 7 hours and android os drains 80%(!!!) After two times of complete charging my phone android os drains only 18% and I think this will get even better after charging a few more times

paulinodf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
So it seems that Icelite is the the best one for some time... I don't really like that rom's style, but i'll give it a try. I believe that when the official ICS is released, they'll fix this, and also will fix the weak wi-fi bug

taaviu
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinodf View Post
I don't really like that rom's style, but i'll give it a try.
Seriously???
Did you forget android most best feature....All is customization question.
I'm personally taking android only with "froyo, eclair, gingerbread, ics" like my phone Engine. All other is changeable.

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk
FlashManiac!

Vulkanisatie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPeter View Post
Some days things would be great, then all of a sudden it would start draining the battery like crazy.
Same here. I'm using IceLite on my LT15 and the battery performance was great at first, but drains an average 5% per hour on flightmode. (I use flightmode at night, because I need the alarm clock)

hagel60
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ICS Beta ROM in Xperia ARC S

I have installed the ICS Beta ROM in Xperia ARC S.
Why does empty the battery so fast? background process limit cannot be set, it remains at all times the standard limit.

rashid.fairus
Old
Thanks Meter 230
stop nagging about it because it is beta for a test,not for daily rom,wait for a stable release by se,maybe all the issues gone

from the ARC

The Following User Says Thank You to rashid.fairus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]