Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 44,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why?????

Tip us?

DanielEGVi
Old
(Last edited by DanielEGVi; 5th March 2012 at 09:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindaUndisputed View Post
this rooting and things is such a hassle...lol

Sent from my R800i using XDA
Oh, come on man! Just root! If you don't ever use its potential, it won't slow your system down nor anything! Rooting is just the proccess of putting this little program called su here and another one called busybox there to unleash your phone's potential! If you are scared still here I give you all the good things about rooting:
  • It's so easy you could just run the program again and again and again with no problems!
  • If rooting fails, it will clean up and abort. Simple as that. Nothing happens.
  • When you have root, get Titanium Backup and backup and delete about every app on the phone! You just deinstall them and install them again like you give a damn and still nothing happens!
  • Force apps to move to SD.
  • Supercharger: Play Battlefield Bad Company 2 while listening to PowerAMP, get a call, go to homescreen, launch SMS app, compose SMS and continue playing where you left off! And it's fast as hell!
  • Lots of tricks and safe mods to brag your phone and make it (more) sexier!
  • ICS Update out? W00T! Just make a batch restore with Titanium Backup to restore every system app to how they were. Easy peasy!
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't void warranty!
  • No app can use root permissions without first asking you! (Unless you use the remember option lol)
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't wipe anything!
  • Come on already!
  • You can unroot, but that will oficially make your phone UGLY.
  • Customize whatever you want!
  • CWM: Backup your entire phone to SD Card and when you f--- it up (deleted system32 xd) you may just rewind time! And Titanium Backup does the rest!
  • ROOT + SUPERCHARGER = GOD MODE
  • UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (voids warranty unless yours is a non-Verizon R800i and relock it) = NOCLIP
  • JUST DO IT NOW. THERE ARE NO REGRETS.
  • Still scared? If your answer is yes, what the heck is wrong with you?! ROOT RITE NAO.

That's it. Hope it helped!
EDIT: By the way... Xperia Play is un-hard-brickable. Unless you... ***** it up to... you know where...
Sony Xperia Play PACman 6 - Google Nexus 7 ParanoidAndroid 3+

savage24x
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216Monster View Post
Check out the "apps2sd with amarullz" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1483256

I didnt not make it im only using it, and be sure to read everything and make a sd card backup cuz you will need to partition your sd card in CWM an it will wipe it. I posted a picture in that thread also you can see the internal storage. Also did the standard issue stuff like debloat the phone itself of useless apps. Just pls read everything so it works flawlessly like it is for me
I don't have DooMKerneL. I have the Boot 2.3.3 with the Verizon Timescape UI made by 007shark. Dammit!

Sent from my R800x using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to savage24x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UndisputedGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEGVi View Post
Oh, come on man! Just root! If you don't ever use its potential, it won't slow your system down nor anything! Rooting is just the proccess of putting this little program called su here and another one called busybox there to unleash your phone's potential! If you are scared still here I give you all the good things about rooting:
  • It's so easy you could just run the program again and again and again with no problems!
  • If rooting fails, it will clean up and abort. Simple as that. Nothing happens.
  • When you have root, get Titanium Backup and backup and delete about every app on the phone! You just deinstall them and install them again like you give a damn and still nothing happens!
  • Force apps to move to SD.
  • Supercharger: Play Battlefield Bad Company 2 while listening to PowerAMP, get a call, go to homescreen, launch SMS app, compose SMS and continue playing where you left off! And it's fast as hell!
  • Lots of tricks and safe mods to brag your phone and make it (more) sexier!
  • ICS Update out? W00T! Just make a batch restore with Titanium Backup to restore every system app to how they were. Easy peasy!
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't void warranty!
  • No app can use root permissions without first asking you! (Unless you use the remember option lol)
  • IT'S FREE.
  • Doesn't wipe anything!
  • Come on already!
  • You can unroot, but that will oficially make your phone UGLY.
  • Customize whatever you want!
  • CWM: Backup your entire phone to SD Card and when you f--- it up (deleted system32 xd) you may just rewind time! And Titanium Backup does the rest!
  • ROOT + SUPERCHARGER = GOD MODE
  • UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (voids warranty unless yours is a non-Verizon R800i and relock it) = NOCLIP
  • JUST DO IT NOW. THERE ARE NO REGRETS.
  • Still scared? If your answer is yes, what the heck is wrong with you?! ROOT RITE NAO.

That's it. Hope it helped!
EDIT: By the way... Xperia Play is un-hard-brickable. Unless you... ***** it up to... you know where...

It does void the warranty.

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
It does void the warranty.
You can easily unroot. Sony have no way of telling you were ever rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Michealtbh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UndisputedGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
To be honest, I'd rather not do that. Thanks

savage24x
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
To be honest, I'd rather not do that. Thanks

So this was a waste of a thread basically.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

UndisputedGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Nope. I've learnt and my initial question wasn't about rooting and now I may root later whereas otherwise I May have not

216Monster
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Nope. I've learnt and my initial question wasn't about rooting and now I may root later whereas otherwise I May have not

Well incase your having second thoughts on rooting or unlocking your bootloader let me just say..

I have an r800x , the cdma American Xperia play on verizon. After unlocking my BL and rooting I was able to flash a new kernel that took max cpu from 1ghz max possible to 2ghz max possible! I was able to delete bloatware apps and mod internal storage taking max storage from 248mb to now having 3.5gb of internal storage. Ontop of that I was able to fastboot UK firmware onto my device and it runs great.

So if a faster cpu , a ton of storage space , and better operating system on your phone are NOT something you want , then dont root your phone.

But if you DO want to be using your device to its full potential then unlock it root it and you will be so happy you did.

Also, with flashtool and fastboot its pretty much impossible to brick your phone. Just like the Droid 1 was pretty much impossible to brick because of sbf files.
~ Verizon LG G3 ~
The Following User Says Thank You to 216Monster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UndisputedGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
It's the voiding warranty thing that gets me

savage24x
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
It's the voiding warranty thing that gets me