No registration required

[Q] Rooted Nook Tablet Won't Turn On

OP xoxomissashlee

3rd March 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Hello all...
I looked around on the forum and did some google research and my problem seems a bit different from the regular "oh no, my nook won't turn on."
About a month ago, I followed this walkthrough (blog.the-ebook-reader . com/2012/01/02/nook-tablet-rooting-guide-complete-walkthrough-video/)for how to root my NT. It's been working fine, no big issues.
This morning I tried opening tweetcaster, it froze, and I held down the power button to shut it down. Instead, it made the click noise that signals putting it to sleep. And since then I haven't been able to turn it back on.
I've tried plugging it in to a computer, holding down the power button for 20 seconds, holding down the power and volume down button, etc. Nothing's really working. It shows the opening screen (the big N and the little tagline about the Adobe Reader software) and then it shuts off again.
It's completely charged as I leave it plugged in overnight to make sure it's charged completely for the next day. And when I plug it into the power adapter or a computer, the cord's n light stays green.
I'm at a loss here and any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
-Ashlee
3rd March 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Guayaquil
Thanks Meter: 1,320

2,518 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try holding button/s for 30 to 60 seconds instead, last resource will be to try Adams Ubuntu image that restore bricked NT's > development section. another thing to try (off course if your problem is in the software and not hardware) is to boot into CWM and wipe data, cache, advanced> dalvik cache and see if it boots normal after that.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
Last edited by lavero.burgos; 3rd March 2012 at 06:27 PM.
7th March 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
It randomly turned on a few hours later... I'm not sure what was happening.
My next step is to unroot it but nothing's working. I don't think the root I have is very stable...apps are constantly freezing and crashing.
Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread