Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think?
Argh! It did not help me! 25 16.23%
Yo! Helped me thanks! 129 83.77%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

[HOWTO][TUT] Create a Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy i9003

Tip us?
 
Adi_Pat
Old
#171  
Adi_Pat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3600
Posts: 1,210
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Dont mess with the Updater script options in the Kitchen... Just copy the META-INF folder from another ROM..
You can edit the ui_print .. Rest leave it as it is ..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App
Contributions:

Galaxy SL , Galaxy R, Galaxy S Advance, HTC One V


Support my work on Facebook.

Follow me on Twitter.

Current Project: Linux Kernel 3.0.y port for Galaxy SL i9003

Don't be a leech Donate to me if you think my work has ever made your day!
Big thanks to all who donated !
 
RonnYap
Old
#172  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 279
Posts: 450
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Malacca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_Pat View Post
Dont mess with the Updater script options in the Kitchen... Just copy the META-INF folder from another ROM..
You can edit the ui_print .. Rest leave it as it is ..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App
Half right, half wrong..not all updater scripts can be match with cRom although can be flash...
 
Adi_Pat
Old
#173  
Adi_Pat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3600
Posts: 1,210
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnYap View Post
Half right, half wrong..not all updater scripts can be match with cRom although can be flash...
I told him not to mess with the updater script option in Kitchen. Because kitchen makes it into Amend then again converts to Edify. So that can cause errors. Its best to take meta inf of another ROM..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
Contributions:

Galaxy SL , Galaxy R, Galaxy S Advance, HTC One V


Support my work on Facebook.

Follow me on Twitter.

Current Project: Linux Kernel 3.0.y port for Galaxy SL i9003

Don't be a leech Donate to me if you think my work has ever made your day!
Big thanks to all who donated !
 
luiseteyo
Old
#174  
luiseteyo's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2063
Posts: 2,196
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madrid
Hey there, I installed cygwin from local directory, it was installed very quickly, I tried to open the Cygwin icon but nothing happens... why can be this happening?
 
mdaamir1989
Old
#175  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 266
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by luiseteyo View Post
Hey there, I installed cygwin from local directory, it was installed very quickly, I tried to open the Cygwin icon but nothing happens... why can be this happening?
Just check if ur installation matches this ..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5230

If not , then there is ur problem. Install Cygwin as shown in the tutorial.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdaamir1989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BassBlaster
Old
#176  
BassBlaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 542
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dubai
Hey Bangalorerohan I made a rom and have followed all your steps, i've also copied the META-INF from another rom. I've done everything. But now I installed the zip on my phone it worked perfectly. But now when I boot I don't hear the PowerOn sound and I don't see my custom bootanimation, and also the phone gets stuck in a bootloop. I tried numerous times with different META-INF's but no difference. Any suggestions? Otherwise, Very excellent tutorial! Your tut made it easy as hell to make a rom now just gotta get it to work .
Devices
Google Nexus 4 16GB - SmartQ Zwatch - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
Soon
A Windows 8.1 x86 Tablet, probably 8 inch
 
bangalorerohan
Old
#177  
bangalorerohan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Posts: 1,319
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore,Karnataka,India
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
Hey Bangalorerohan I made a rom and have followed all your steps, i've also copied the META-INF from another rom. I've done everything. But now I installed the zip on my phone it worked perfectly. But now when I boot I don't hear the PowerOn sound and I don't see my custom bootanimation, and also the phone gets stuck in a bootloop. I tried numerous times with different META-INF's but no difference. Any suggestions? Otherwise, Very excellent tutorial! Your tut made it easy as hell to make a rom now just gotta get it to work .
Let me see. :/
The ROM booted for you once atleast?
Then, It went on bootloops?
If yes, You messed up something inside.
If it is getting stuck on bootloop from the very beginning..
Tell me what all you added to the ROM


My DOnation E-Mail is pleasepressthethanksbutton@ihatedonations.com



** I am back after a loooong time. So, Give me sometime to see the Developments done **
 
Adi_Pat
Old
#178  
Adi_Pat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3600
Posts: 1,210
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
Hey But now when I boot I don't hear the PowerOn sound and I don't see my custom bootanimation, and also the phone gets stuck in a bootloop
First, Follow to guide as it is. Once the ROM boots then make changes one by one...

Practise makes Perfect



Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
Contributions:

Galaxy SL , Galaxy R, Galaxy S Advance, HTC One V


Support my work on Facebook.

Follow me on Twitter.

Current Project: Linux Kernel 3.0.y port for Galaxy SL i9003

Don't be a leech Donate to me if you think my work has ever made your day!
Big thanks to all who donated !
 
BassBlaster
Old
(Last edited by BassBlaster; 8th April 2012 at 11:15 PM.)
#179  
BassBlaster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 542
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dubai
Yeah I think one of the tweaks i've added in the rom could be causing it... and no the bootloop happens from the beginning, I never actually booted into the rom.

Here's the list of stuff I did to the rom:
Beats Audio
Xloud
Deodexed
Rooted + Busybox
Universal Adrenaline Shot
HTC Sense Live Wallpaper
Galaxy S2 Live Wallpapers
Camera Button Hack + Higher Audio Quality
Bravia Engine
Galaxy S2 Keyboard
Custom Ringtones (House + Dubstep)
Custom Notification Sounds
Custom Alarm Sounds
Anim Mod (Dangerous - Use With Care!!)
Xperia S Home Launcher
Xperia S Widgets
Xperia S Apps
ICS Theme with ICS Styled Settings
Zipaligned for extra speed
Edited Boot Animation
Modded YouTube HD (720p WiFi + 3G)
EXT4 Format
Opera Web Browser (GPU Rendering)
Latest Market (Google Play)
TW FM Radio (Not Removed)
Samsung Apps (Not Removed)
UI GPU Rendering
TweakZV6 (init.d Tweaks)
SD Card Performance Tweaks
Better VM Management
Solid Explorer

Edit: I think it might be Universal Adrenaline Shot... gonna add all tweaks but that one and see if it boots...
Edit2: Tried removing both Universal Adrenaline Shot and TweakZV6 but still bootloop... remaking rom from scratch
Edit3: Remade rom from scratch with NO TWEAKS just apps but STILL bootloop?!?! >
Devices
Google Nexus 4 16GB - SmartQ Zwatch - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
Soon
A Windows 8.1 x86 Tablet, probably 8 inch
 
bangalorerohan
Old
#180  
bangalorerohan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 941
Posts: 1,319
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore,Karnataka,India
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
Yeah I think one of the tweaks i've added in the rom could be causing it... and no the bootloop happens from the beginning, I never actually booted into the rom.

Here's the list of stuff I did to the rom:
Beats Audio
Xloud
Deodexed
Rooted + Busybox
Universal Adrenaline Shot
HTC Sense Live Wallpaper
Galaxy S2 Live Wallpapers
Camera Button Hack + Higher Audio Quality
Bravia Engine
Galaxy S2 Keyboard
Custom Ringtones (House + Dubstep)
Custom Notification Sounds
Custom Alarm Sounds
Anim Mod (Dangerous - Use With Care!!)
Xperia S Home Launcher
Xperia S Widgets
Xperia S Apps
ICS Theme with ICS Styled Settings
Zipaligned for extra speed
Edited Boot Animation
Modded YouTube HD (720p WiFi + 3G)
EXT4 Format
Opera Web Browser (GPU Rendering)
Latest Market (Google Play)
TW FM Radio (Not Removed)
Samsung Apps (Not Removed)
UI GPU Rendering
TweakZV6 (init.d Tweaks)
SD Card Performance Tweaks
Better VM Management
Solid Explorer

Edit: I think it might be Universal Adrenaline Shot... gonna add all tweaks but that one and see if it boots...
Edit2: Tried removing both Universal Adrenaline Shot and TweakZV6 but still bootloop... remaking rom from scratch
Edit3: Remade rom from scratch with NO TWEAKS just apps but STILL bootloop?!?! >
Do one thing,

Start from scratch and just prepare a de-odexed ROM.
Then, Start adding features to it.
Like, All the .apks should be added first. Call is the test version 2
Then, All Scripts.
And, keep the stock firmware-res.apk, systemUI.apk and TWLauncher.apk


My DOnation E-Mail is pleasepressthethanksbutton@ihatedonations.com



** I am back after a loooong time. So, Give me sometime to see the Developments done **

Tags
cook a custom rom, zimage
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes