OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Flowery Branch
Thanks Meter: 1,561

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k holley

ok guys can i start with saying i fing love this guide! i am 100percent stock. in download mode it says custom binary-no and below that it says samsung official am i good to go?

Yep, you're good to go.
4th March 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 92

668 posts
More
Whats the stock file size?
Op states more than 500,but the download is like 309mb.
Its not a zip file.(new to odin,but I believe it does not flash zips anyway).
One last clarification needed-when odin is run,it is epic4g or something,do I still use it?
Would it be easier to flash zedomaxs stock rom and the update via kies?
Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
12th May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #33  
Flag Flowery Branch

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread Re-Opened! Post any questions you have in THIS THREAD and NOT in my PM MAILBOX.
12th May 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #34  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

110 posts
More
I odin the rom, kernel and the recovery without any error message. Everything says pass at the end but I keep getting google service framework, android process acore and android phone force close and cannot pass through the android guy screen. It won't let me setup. I cannot receive any calls but I could get voicemails and could dial to voicemail only. Can someone help?

I was on ICS rom before but there were many apps that was not responding so I decided to go back to stock. I odin T989UVKID_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL594724_REV00.tar and then it rebooted and since then I have been getting the force close warning. I continued to odin the kernel (SGH-T989-Stock-UVKID.tar) and then recovery (SGH-T989-Stock-Recovery.tar). Still no go, rebooting has no problem too, it says verified package and no error message whatsoever.

Please help.
12th May 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #35  
Flag Flowery Branch

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voonli24

I odin the rom, kernel and the recovery without any error message. Everything says pass at the end but I keep getting google service framework, android process acore and android phone force close and cannot pass through the android guy screen. It won't let me setup. I cannot receive any calls but I could get voicemails and could dial to voicemail only. Can someone help?

I was on ICS rom before but there were many apps that was not responding so I decided to go back to stock. I odin T989UVKID_HOME_SGH-T989user_CL594724_REV00.tar and then it rebooted and since then I have been getting the force close warning. I continued to odin the kernel (SGH-T989-Stock-UVKID.tar) and then recovery (SGH-T989-Stock-Recovery.tar). Still no go, rebooting has no problem too, it says verified package and no error message whatsoever.

Please help.

You don't need three files. Just go to the OP in this thread, and follow it EXACTLY. As if you haven't done anything yet. There is only one file.
12th May 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #36  
Flag New York

110 posts
More
Thanks for your reply once again.

I tried odin the file in the OP but still doesn't work. It still has the force close warning once it enters the android screen.

And another thing is that it didn't reboot twice by itself. It only rebooted once.
12th May 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #37  
Flag Flowery Branch

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply once again.

I tried odin the file in the OP but still doesn't work. It still has the force close warning once it enters the android screen.

And another thing is that it didn't reboot twice by itself. It only rebooted once.

That is extremely weird. Flash CWM through ODIN and wipe everything. Data, Cache, and Dalvik. Then fix permissions.
12th May 2012, 09:46 PM   |  #38  
Flag New York

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonstantinKeller

That is extremely weird. Flash CWM through ODIN and wipe everything. Data, Cache, and Dalvik. Then fix permissions.

I'm sorry for being a noob, but how do I flash CWM through odin?
12th May 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #39  
Flag Flowery Branch

1,191 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm sorry for being a noob, but how do I flash CWM through odin?

Cant remember the link. Sorry. Google around or search the forums.
13th May 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #40  
Flag New York

110 posts
More
I followed this link and flash cwm through odin and wiped everything like you said

WORKS LIKE A CHARM !!! Thanks a lot!!! I will make a donation

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread