Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Want ICS on SGH-i997? Emailing Samsung wouldn't hurt.

Tip us?

dman3285
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8089

DONATE TO ME
The four devices I built aosp ics for... Not ports... Prove you wrong.. Period... I was building roms since the original.... But there's always some dew who thinks they know it all.... But this I know about.... I have a build for this device.. No kernel because our kernel is so hard to develop for....and when you port ics... What do u use as proprietary files? That's right... Gingerbread files... This is like talking to a wall... You have fun porting...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dman3285 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jt1134
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3126

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3285 View Post
The four devices I built aosp ics for... Not ports... Prove you wrong.. Period... I was building roms since the original.... But there's always some dew who thinks they know it all.... But this I know about.... I have a build for this device.. No kernel because our kernel is so hard to develop for....and when you port ics... What do u use as proprietary files? That's right... Gingerbread files... This is like talking to a wall... You have fun porting...

Lol you're funny guy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
BTC : 1BedydmJwmh5S5qccyhMVZAyWdaYmVxP9A

jimjcollins
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Zeus rocks, why are we even talking about ics, Zeus has all ya need, here how about you send your phone to a developer and let them work with yours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimjcollins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfen69
Old
(Last edited by wolfen69; 7th March 2012 at 03:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjcollins View Post
Omg please people just flash, one of the collective roms and you'll have everything you need

Exactly. I'm running zeus 5.2 with the ICS theme, and am really happy with it. I'm running ics on my Epic 4G, (media player only, since it's not activated) and nothing about it would change my life or the way I use my phone. Nice but not necessary.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4
Nexus 5

Going to buy: Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus to complete the Nexus collection.

Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
Exactly. I'm running zeus 5.2 with the ICS theme, and am really happy with it. I'm running ics on my Epic 4G, (media player only, since it's not activated) and nothing about it would change my life or the way I use my phone. Nice but not necessary.
But it is ICS. Its newer for a reason.

Sent from Optimus-Prime's SGSII

jimjcollins
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime View Post

Huh

tamelion1117
Old
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3285 View Post
Well...for the one that says that ics runs FINE on galaxy s with only 358 mb of ram, sir YOU are sadly mistaken...to run ics on a galaxy s device, ass loads of **** has to be removed and modified for it not to require the 1gb or more of ram tjat it DOES require...meaning...it is just a hacked up version of ics... And..if we hapoen to get a biild on this device, it will bebthe same if not worse. So i say be happy with the badass roms we have now and put ics in the backbof your mind...it aont gonna happen...and who really cares anyway... If you want... I can make you a rom that operates exactly like ics...oh wait! I already have...

Hell yeah!

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

tamelion1117
Old
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime View Post

So, your reason for wanting ICS is just because it's newer?

That's a piss poor reason.

Simply put, the infuse can't run ics unless it was modded and all chopped up... in other words: features would be removed. By the time it's all said and done you'd have a slightly shinier version of gb with nothing "new" worth having because it was all removed to make it work.

I'll wait til I upgrade and have a true ics experience!

Thanks.

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

Dani897
Old
Thanks Meter 683
what is all this nonsense that ics would need to be all chopped up to run on the infuse and that aosp ics needs 1gb ram.

the nexus s had official ics on release day of the galaxy nexus. nexus phones stay up to date on os. the nexus one was finally retired after several good years but the nexus s is still up to date directly from google, not xda developers.

ics simply doesn't need 1gb or even 512 mb to run. that's an excuse samsung used for the sgs about touchwiz over top of ics so they don't have to update it. not aosp.

the only thing we know will be an issue is bluetooth audio. period! gps, wifi, mhl and our radio may also be issues but we don't know till someone compiles it and tries it. the nexus s has the same audio, cpu, gpu, and other componants, these are the major performance releated componants that will benefit from ics, all those drivers will be up to date and as long as the interfaces haven't changed for the things that we have gb drivers for then we should be able to have ics working nearly like cm7 with little trouble as long as a dev who knows aosp on samsung devices puts in the time. there is no reason to believe that the infuse can't do what the nexus s is already doing with official from google updates on a performance level. maybe the radios will be a problem, if a new ril is needed were kinda screwed but other thsn that it should run as well as cm7. its just that noone with an infuse has aosp porting experience. that's what we need.

dman3285
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8089

DONATE TO ME
Nonsense....have you built it... do you even understand what your saying??? I HAVE built it... all that technical mumbo means 0... bottom line...I've done it...3 now 4 other devs have also done it... so...when did our infuse ram and size increase??????? Huh??? Because if you system dump a nexus you'll see why it has to be lightened up.... I'm speaking from doing...not reading .... in layman's terms....it was not meant for our device... there are no components for it for our device...so we have to rely on gb source to make it work on our device... gb and ics jacked together in a kernel to make it work.. so what part of that in NOT hacked up???????? Your smarter than that, anything not MEANT to run on our device has to be hacked up to do so...period.... wow...need to close this rediculous thread....

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe