How is your mt3gs holding up?

OP Marshmallovv

6th March 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefy

It's been exactly 1 year and 2 months now, and i just can't find a better alternative!
Seems like all new phones are meant for people with Giant Hands and Pockets!

Mine holds up for between 1 day and 2 days whole (sometimes even with WiFi on!) but depending on actual usage.
It fell of my hands to asphalt, but except a minor dent on the plastic back, left no scratches! i was amazed!
oh and my camera back thing fell, but i found it, and i'm using scotch tape to stick it in place :D

Yeah I went like a year without dropping mine and then suddenly this one month I was just like on crack or something and I dropped it like 6 times! On asphalt/concrete! Believe it or not my screen didn't break and it barely has any scratches Lmao about the scotch tape! Doesn't it look bad? Haha

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Marshmallovv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaldiar

Be a year and a half for me. I love S-Off and the custom splash 1 I made. Was going to upgrade to amaze during the Valentine's day. So glad I didn't. I love s-off and flash a different rom almost every weekend. Just recently bought a new micro SD to play with these awesome new sense roms!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen the s-off but havnt tried it. What benefits does it give you? I thought about doing a custom splash as well but its too much work haha. Yeah I remember back when there would be a new rom like every week! Made it feel like a had new phone everytime!

6th March 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #13  
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 66

591 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallovv

Yeah I went like a year without dropping mine and then suddenly this one month I was just like on crack or something and I dropped it like 6 times! On asphalt/concrete! Believe it or not my screen didn't break and it barely has any scratches Lmao about the scotch tape! Doesn't it look bad? Haha

It's scotch taped from the inside, so you can't actually see it
6th March 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 161

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallovv

Yeah I've seen the s-off but havnt tried it. What benefits does it give you? I thought about doing a custom splash as well but its too much work haha. Yeah I remember back when there would be a new rom like every week! Made it feel like a had new phone everytime!

With s-off I can flash the splash1 screen, mtd partitions and updated the radio with my computer and also try experimental recoveries. For the longer part of a year I used AOSP ROMs on my phone because I'm not big on sense. With that I didn't need dt's a2sd because I just change the partitions on the phone itself.

7th March 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaldiar

With s-off I can flash the splash1 screen, mtd partitions and updated the radio with my computer and also try experimental recoveries. For the longer part of a year I used AOSP ROMs on my phone because I'm not big on sense. With that I didn't need dt's a2sd because I just change the partitions on the phone itself.

What is your MTD setup?
7th March 2012, 06:59 AM   |  #16  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 59

333 posts
More
I am nearing 2 years on mine and I love it still. I've always had a case on it, I've always had a screen protector and it's going strong.

I recently got a class 10 16gb card from Amazon for under 20, amazon brand, and it has made a world of difference. I can actually run data from sd on the sense roms that are just too big.

I am coming up on contract renewal in April, but I plan on handing down my slide to my smart phone allergic wife.

I honestly have not seen a phone that I must have so I am not sure what I'll be getting if I'll be getting anything.
7th March 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 161

307 posts
More
Seems sense is not kind to this phone, back to CM7 latest daily. I have my phone setup with 140 /system and 80 /cache. I delete a good bit from my roms though to slim them down. Don't use live wallpapers, YouTube app and a number of other things. I also add my own icons and audio files for ringtones and such.

Edit: seems with darktrmors app2sd I should be using at least /150 partition to allow for elastic space needs.

Edit 2: I have 1 gig set aside for darktremors app2sd with no swap.

Last edited by aaldiar; 7th March 2012 at 02:18 PM.
7th March 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 62

576 posts
More
I've had my MT3GS since the beginning of August 2010 and it's one of the best phones I've ever seen ( and I've seen a lot lol) Haven't had any hardware issues with it, dropped several times on concrete/asphalt and the screen didn't crack but I broke 4 hard cases because of that , just some dent on the side and that's it. Modern phones like Sensation and Galaxy S2 are powerful but huge and I like the size of my phone. I'm still going to use it, the only phone that might be better for me is probably MT4GS lol.
Another thing that I like about MT3GS/4GS is that the phones aren't very popular and that makes them unique. And over here in Europe it's very very unique. Iphone users are so jealous, especially when I slide out the keyboard lol))
Last edited by SKAm69; 7th March 2012 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SKAm69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAm69

I've had my MT3GS since the beginning of August 2010 and it's one of the best phones I've ever seen ( and I've seen a lot lol) Haven't had any hardware issues with it, dropped several times on concrete/asphalt and the screen didn't crack but I broke 4 hard cases because of that , just some dent on the side and that's it. Modern phones like Sensation and Galaxy S2 are powerful but huge and I like the size of my phone. I'm still going to use it, the only phone that might be better for me is probably MT4GS lol.
Another thing that I like about MT3GS/4GS is that the phones aren't very popular and that makes them unique. And over here in Europe it's very very unique. Iphone users are so jealous, especially when I slide out the keyboard lol))

Yes I love its rarity! People always stare or usually ask what kind of phone is that? Be jealous I like having things other people don't makes them that much better! Haha. And I can only imagine in europe haha

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA
13th March 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #20  
Flag Nantong,Jiangsu
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
just 2 mouths its a great phone for me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread