Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is EH03 2.3.5 still the best or is the latest update better?

Tip us?

vestaltravel@hotmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Is EH03 2.3.5 still the best or is the latest update better?

I just recently got the RAZR MAXX (opinion still forming to rate the maxx) and am giving my son my old Fascinate so he can play games and listen to music. The Fascinate was rooted but going to just go back to stock to wipe it clean and let him start from scratch. My question is, earlier driodstyle recommended staying with eh03 because he felt it was the fastest at the time. But 4ish months ago verizon pushed another software update and was wondering if that was working better than eh03 or if I should just stick with eh03..... Any responses would be helpful... Thanks...

davezx6r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm rather new to the fascinate only had mine for about a month, however the first thing i did when i got it was allow it to ota to the newest release which was eh03. I haven't heard of anything newer than eh03.

atomD21
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaltravel@hotmail.com View Post
I just recently got the RAZR MAXX (opinion still forming to rate the maxx) and am giving my son my old Fascinate so he can play games and listen to music. The Fascinate was rooted but going to just go back to stock to wipe it clean and let him start from scratch. My question is, earlier driodstyle recommended staying with eh03 because he felt it was the fastest at the time. But 4ish months ago verizon pushed another software update and was wondering if that was working better than eh03 or if I should just stick with eh03..... Any responses would be helpful... Thanks...
That OTA was just the official OTA to EH03, rather than the leak that came out a few weeks prior. There was a leak for FA16, but nothing official ever came from it, and no one did anything with it as far as custom Roms or anything, so it must not have been worth it.
GNex running current version of JDX

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
to the op, your thinking about ed05 froyo...eh03 is the latest ota update from verizon.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE