7th March 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #61  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,046

6,980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazytazz

Hi, demandarin, can you clarify for me that only the powersaving profile makes the screen not as crisp, and the balance and performance makes it crisp again. Thank you!

yes, this is correct. this is what Asus intended. when device is put into powersavings mode, the Max frequency is 1Ghz. to use the least amount of power as possible. only to use what's needed. in addition Asus implemented some kind of technology called Dynamic Display something something..lol this gradually decreases the contrast and sharpness quality of the screen. this is done to save even more power. it'll look as if the brightness went down even further but more to it than just that. this only occurs in powersavings mode in Asus stock settings. I think it still does it on this overclock app since the 1Ghz speed was left at powersavings mode. you can go to Asus site n read up more on this screen power saving technology they using. even in powersavings mode you can watch movies oR play games just fine. the screen quality isn't degraded during those.
The Following User Says Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 26

155 posts
I am using OS Monitor to see various stats and other stuff for my prime. I see an option of changing the governor from interactive to various other governors. Is it safe to change governors? Or a better question, is it beneficial to change governor from interactive to, say, Ondemand or userspace?
8th March 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #63  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va

6,980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan10

I am using OS Monitor to see various stats and other stuff for my prime. I see an option of changing the governor from interactive to various other governors. Is it safe to change governors? Or a better question, is it beneficial to change governor from interactive to, say, Ondemand or userspace?

it'll be nest not to mess with those governors. especially if you don't know what each of them does. there won't be any benefit using them with overclock, I believe. plus you should check out System tuner. alot better n more details n options n everything than OS monitor. messing with those will make overclock useless or not as powerful or fast.
17th March 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #64  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 240

726 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO

anyone have deep sleep issues with this mod?

Yes, I got deep sleep problems with this mod. It will lock at 370 MHz most of the time when the screen is off. This just happens in balanced and normal mode, in power saving mode it is okay...

Sent from "The Machine" aka ASUS Transformer Prime TF201
17th March 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #65  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va

6,980 posts
More
Ones doesn't have any deep sleep issues with this app. everything has been working great. mines will still hit the 102mhz.
17th March 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #66  
Flag Marietta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 38

287 posts
More
My Prime reboots when I overclock to 1.6. I've used script manager and atp tweak with the same result. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Will try this and report back.
17th March 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 47

573 posts
This is a great app.Is there a difference in this app vs the virtuous prime rom that's out now in a performance perspective?
18th March 2012, 12:14 AM   |  #68  
Flag Marietta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 38

287 posts
More
No reboots running at 1.6.GHz watching netflicks. It would reboot often in the past. Not sure if netflicks is good test but happy anyways. Thanks OP!

Sent from my Neutrino EE powered Moto-Atrix 4g
shaky156
18th March 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Does this only affect 4 main cores, or can you oc the companion core too?

Sent from my Desire HD
18th March 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #70  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 641

2,573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaky156

Does this only affect 4 main cores, or can you oc the companion core too?

Sent from my Desire HD

Wouldn't overclocking the companion core defeat it's whole purpose?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread