Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Good Xoom Case/Portfolio

Tip us?

wes_s
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoLopezDO View Post
Hey guys...does the ayl case allow for docking on the moto dock while still on? I have the zoogue case, like it a lot but i would like to be able to dock while the case is on....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastQuark View Post
I would like to know about this too.
Sure does, all you have to do is pull the bottom tabs out and the case just lays over the top of the dock

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0171.jpg
Views:	1310
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	785888   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0172.jpg
Views:	1313
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	785889  

Nokia6110 ---- RazrV3 - LG8700 ---------- TP1 ------ Imagio ------ Tbolt --- RazrMaxx
-------MotoV710 ---- LG8600 --- XV8600 ---------- TP2 ------- DroidX --- Gnex - RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wes_s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LastQuark
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Super. Thanks for the pics. Amazon, here I come...

Musicmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Does thencase allow for a slight tilt on the xoom while laying down? I currently have the official motorola case and it just lays flat. the hp Touchpad case (best case ever imho) allows for a slightly 20 degree tilt far better contrast while reading.
LG G2

wes_s
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaster View Post
Does thencase allow for a slight tilt on the xoom while laying down? I currently have the official motorola case and it just lays flat. the hp Touchpad case (best case ever imho) allows for a slightly 20 degree tilt far better contrast while reading.
Not really, it is pretty flat while laying down.

Nokia6110 ---- RazrV3 - LG8700 ---------- TP1 ------ Imagio ------ Tbolt --- RazrMaxx
-------MotoV710 ---- LG8600 --- XV8600 ---------- TP2 ------- DroidX --- Gnex - RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)

tnfsmith
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2012 View Post
There are several leather case for xoom. http://www.digglove.com/tablet-pc-ac...6d557a119e3df9

good price. each case is less than $16. and the shipping just $2.99. Black 360 Degree Rotary Leather Case With Fur Inside for Motorola Xoom especial this one is very excellent.
Digglove has several cases rotation 360 degree I love that too, but on their site does not have any comment or freeback about the quality. I found Targus 360 for Ipad 2 but they only stand for Xoom, I would love too. Any suggestion about digglove products?
Phone: Motorola Razr MAXX
Rom: Of course waiting to buy a new once
Tablet: Motorola Xoom MZ601
Rom: TeamEOS latest nightlies build

dboftlp
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Love my AYL Case. Works great! Awesome quality.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G [Verizon]
Rom: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean - EOS v3 nightlies
Kernel: 3.0.52-leanKernel-4.6.0-04904-g18298b7
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.1.0

Device: Motorola Xoom 4G [Verizon]
Rom: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean - EOS v3 nightlies
Kernel: 2.6.39.4-Eos3
Recovery: Team Rogue 1.5 RC3

Device: Samsung Nexus 10 [WiFi]
Rom: Android 4.2 - Jelly Bean
Kernel: Stock 3.4.5-g4e6298b
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) v. 2.3.2.3

gothickah0
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i think motorola portfolio work just fine. Adjustable and looks more tactical. I have one of those leather case.but the stand is not adjustable and annoying. The one that similar to motorola folio is ayl. I think thats good too.
Nexus 7 3g :: stock 4.2.2 ::
Gnex GSM :: Takju Stock 4.2.2

kofrad
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I'm going to be getting a Xoom whenever I can get the money together for one, but it seems pretty hard to find a decent case from the shopping around online I've done.

I've heard nothing but good things about the AYL case, but it seems it isn't available anymore, only the Acase version which hasn't gotten the best reviews on amazon. Specifically about the grooves which hold it inclined being too shallow to support the Xoom once any pressure is applied to it.

Ideally I'd like a portfolio style case which doesn't have edges covering the screen, allows charging while closed and is stable when upright.

The ZooGue case seems to be about the closest I can find to that, but for $50 I'd rather have something that doesn't cover the edges of the screen.

Any recommendations from anyone?

AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII + S3RX (8-16-13)
Motorola Xoom Wifi + SteadyHakwin's CM9
HTC Inspire 4G + JellyTime R29