1st March 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #71  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 15

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni90

Question:
How is ics 4.0.3 running on the DHD running today? All working as it should, or does it have glitches, or some other errors? Smooth, or can it be choppy sometimes?
Please, give me an honest feedback - not "oh its fantastic" or something similar..

Btw.. have you checked the link on my signature? If not, do so - and hit thanks

Its not as smooth as people are pretending it is. Obviously not for all the daily uses ... Camera has glitches, battery drain is high. Some random reboots. Don't have working FM.

Overall ICE Cold sandwich is one project i am closely following and trying there every release, it really good for early releases, but as I said still not a daily customer.

1st March 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #72  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 318

830 posts
Stock ICS lags like hell, and while it may be true that every build is getting smoother, it still has its issues. But given the fact folks are working without a source for DHD, it's ok. It's coming along pretty good.

As for Sense 4.0, the One V RUU should be a good base for DHD, but then again, being a new phone with hardware changes, I wouldn't expect much.
2nd March 2012, 08:04 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djolebih

As for Sense 4.0, the One V RUU should be a good base for DHD, but then again, being a new phone with hardware changes, I wouldn't expect much.

Well, the only hardware changes between One V and DHD that I know of is their camera, One V only has 5MPix instead of DHD 8MPix camera. That can be fixed with porting camera apps out of One S instead. But I'm not quite sure about their new low-light sensor, is it a hardware sensor, or just software like how a pseudo HDR might behave? Same goes with One X/S camera quick snap. Is it just software fix or if it ties directly to the hardware?

And of course the One line has 3 hardware button instead of DHD's 4.

All the others from One V shouldn't pose much problem for porting.

Edit: Bad news guys... there's no way anyone can port Sense 4 from One V because One V got Sense 3.6 instead... T__T
Source: http://androidandme.com/2012/03/news...d-new-devices/
Last edited by araisikewai; 2nd March 2012 at 08:48 AM.
2nd March 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #74  
OP Senior Member

830 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by araisikewai

Edit: Bad news guys... there's no way anyone can port Sense 4 from One V because One V got Sense 3.6 instead... T__T
Source: http://androidandme.com/2012/03/news...d-new-devices/

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs

Somehow I tend to believe the official specs then some speculation out there. Besides, I've seen it running Sense 4.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to djolebih For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 09:47 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djolebih

http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs

Somehow I tend to believe the official specs then some speculation out there. Besides, I've seen it running Sense 4.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

Well thanks for the clarification, got buried by all the media frenzy makes me forgot to check the most logical sources, engadget and CNET has been saying it's going to be sense 4 as well, so... it's my bad...

Anyhow, I think the only main problem for porting Sense 4 to DHD is going to be the camera, sources says that HTC is using a separate image processing chip for camera sensor, so that makes it a hardware enhancement instead of software enhancement ala beats audio. Well we just have to see for ourself when the ROM starts to trickle out of the devs...
4th March 2012, 03:49 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
I prefer stock
It looks nice but I really do prefer stock android.
4th March 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #77  
OP Senior Member

830 posts
Camera does use a separate chip in One X/S. Not in the V model. One V is very close to DHD in specs, obviously newer hardware, but very similar. One V however does not have the 3D rosie effects and many other things have been made light for it to function.

As for stock ICS, I consider it very ugly but very functional too. Stock Android has never been fun to begin with, but on the other hand Sense has been too bloated and cluttered, not very functional. Seems like HTC has gone to a very minimalistic style with Sense 4.
Obviously porting to DHD will take a lot of effort and skill.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA
8th March 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #78  
Flag udine
Thanks Meter: 4

98 posts
Just see the vid and think that the recent apps wich also a task killer is great ! The feature i love of this is the swip up to close

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
12th March 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 2

64 posts
More
Just updated to sense 4.0 via OTA update from provider

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
12th March 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 6

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthics4

Just updated to sense 4.0 via OTA update from provider

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure that that's Sense 4.0, go to settings -> about -> software information

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0, htc, sense
Previous Thread Next Thread