Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Make more internal Storage !!

OP seaskyways

7th March 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #11  
Flag Jogjes
Thanks Meter: 159

683 posts
More
There's an option on link2sd (menu - more - clear all app caches), what different with that?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e
8th March 2012, 02:26 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 341

540 posts
Donate to Me
More
Clearing the app caches is what it says , but the a2sd cachesdreset more like creates a dalvik cache to sd flag which empties A LOT , but after doing this , if you try removing the SD while the phone is booted it will FREEZE , then after rebooting you will notice that the storage is low again ! unless you reinsert the SD and reboot , the flag will be reactivated ...
20th May 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #13  
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 15

45 posts
More
Unhappy Dosen't work
Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me
20th May 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #14  
Flag Jogjes

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechexpert

Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me

Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time

Sent from MARVEL
20th May 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag beirut
Thanks Meter: 341

540 posts
Donate to Me
More
nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !
21st May 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #16  
Flag Ludhiana

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskyways

nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !

i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ...

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ...

Quote:

Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time

but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop
21st May 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 134

445 posts
Quote:

i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ...

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ...

but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop

You have actually linked your apps via link2sd haven't you? When you look at apps in link2sd do they say they are linked, and that's for apk file, dalvik cache and libs?

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium
23rd May 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #18  
Flag Ludhiana

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland

You have actually linked your apps via link2sd haven't you? When you look at apps in link2sd do they say they are linked, and that's for apk file, dalvik cache and libs?

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium

yes i link the apps via link2sd, automatic link all , apks, cache & libs. all linked. m i doing it wrong ?
23rd May 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #19  
Flag Jogjes

683 posts
More
Quote:

I mean..you dnt have to install link2sd if you want to use DT a2sd. Just run teminal emulator after flash rom, type "su" then type "a2sd cachesd" (the rom include DT a2sd in this case)

Sent from MARVEL
24th May 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #20  
Flag Ludhiana

45 posts
More
Thumbs up
Ok ,... now this may sound strange but i got it working!!

Earlier i was using EXT4 partition & this time i did EXACTLY what is mentioned in the first page. & voila !! it works may be its something to do with ext4 partition ?? but anyhow what ever it is , i am glad ext3 got it working!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread