Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Make more internal Storage !!

Tip us?

asdot
Old
Thanks Meter 159
There's an option on link2sd (menu - more - clear all app caches), what different with that?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e
MARVEL | CyanogenMod 11.0 | INT2EXT | V4A Audio Effects | CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8
Acer Liquid Z120 | 4.1.1 | STOCK ROM Rooted
iTouch | 8 GB | iOS 5.1.1
Calculator Mini

seaskyways
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
Clearing the app caches is what it says , but the a2sd cachesdreset more like creates a dalvik cache to sd flag which empties A LOT , but after doing this , if you try removing the SD while the phone is booted it will FREEZE , then after rebooting you will notice that the storage is low again ! unless you reinsert the SD and reboot , the flag will be reactivated ...
Phone : Google Nexus 5

Android Version : KitKat 4.4.2

ROM : Stock rocks!

Kernel 3.4.xx !

AMAZING PHONE

mechexpert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Unhappy Dosen't work

Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me

asdot
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechexpert View Post
Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me
Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time

Sent from MARVEL
Calculator Mini

seaskyways
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !
Phone : Google Nexus 5

Android Version : KitKat 4.4.2

ROM : Stock rocks!

Kernel 3.4.xx !

AMAZING PHONE

mechexpert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskyways View Post
nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !
i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ...

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ...

Quote:
Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time
but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop

scott_doyland
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ...

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ...

but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop
You have actually linked your apps via link2sd haven't you? When you look at apps in link2sd do they say they are linked, and that's for apk file, dalvik cache and libs?

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium

mechexpert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_doyland View Post
You have actually linked your apps via link2sd haven't you? When you look at apps in link2sd do they say they are linked, and that's for apk file, dalvik cache and libs?

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium
yes i link the apps via link2sd, automatic link all , apks, cache & libs. all linked. m i doing it wrong ?

asdot
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
I mean..you dnt have to install link2sd if you want to use DT a2sd. Just run teminal emulator after flash rom, type "su" then type "a2sd cachesd" (the rom include DT a2sd in this case)

Sent from MARVEL
Calculator Mini

mechexpert
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Ok ,... now this may sound strange but i got it working!!

Earlier i was using EXT4 partition & this time i did EXACTLY what is mentioned in the first page. & voila !! it works may be its something to do with ext4 partition ?? but anyhow what ever it is , i am glad ext3 got it working!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!