Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM7 Nightly]Fatduke720 (04-03-12)

Tip us?

fatduke720
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
I also have had these issues using the stock kernal. If i change it to darksides i have no problems. Since I also don't use wifi and bluetooth together all that often I have not worried about it. I don't know to much but I think I will have to learn some more and look at some logcats and see what i see. On a semi unrelated note does anyone know if anyone from the cm team is actually still working on our phone or if we are just going to get common fixes for now on.

lumbu
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos View Post
try this one
Is that the Darkside X kernel? During the install the script says it is installing O/C Kernel 2.6.32.21grankin01-OC-v0.05. Also, the md5sum for the wireless module is not the same as what I have saved off, though mine is from the 1.28.2012 version of the Darkside ROM. I was however under the impression that the kernel had not changed between 01.28 and 02.15.

tnpapadakos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbu View Post
Is that the Darkside X kernel? During the install the script says it is installing O/C Kernel 2.6.32.21grankin01-OC-v0.05. Also, the md5sum for the wireless module is not the same as what I have saved off, though mine is from the 1.28.2012 version of the Darkside ROM. I was however under the impression that the kernel had not changed between 01.28 and 02.15.
when its done, what does it say in settings>about phone?

fatduke720
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
OP updated

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

Orical
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
I haven't been a CM7 fan due to it's bland look but I'll give it a round and see what it's got to offer these days, Thanks for posting the Genius Button fix as well.
Device #1 Tmo Galaxy Note 3 of coarse

lumbu
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos View Post
when its done, what does it say in settings>about phone?
Darkside #2. I hadn't gotten that far, when I saw the message during install I just restored boot from a backup. But thanks for making the zip, makes life a bit easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to lumbu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeppelin481
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbu View Post
You can definitely ignore the echoed stuff that the script spits out. I assume Derek was using grankin's updater script as a base for his and just never changed the text output.

Thanks to tnpapadakos for the X kernel! I've been looking for that for a while...

Ryan

tnpapadakos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin481 View Post
...I assume Derek was using grankin's updater script as a base for his and just never changed the text output. Ryan
exactly....

zeppelin481
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I attached a copy of the Darkside X kernel. I fixed the script in this version to output the correct kernel name while it is flashing, but it's still the same kernel.

Thanks again to tnpapadakos for uploading the kernel for everyone. You rock dude!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Darkside_X.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.32 MB, 25 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeppelin481 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fatduke720
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Since gingerbread updates are slow going right now atleast for common stuff. I will update on the weekends or after alot of merges. If someone needs or wants me to do an update sooner just let me know and I will be more than happy to do it.