OP slayher

27th May 2011, 03:16 PM   |  #151  
Plasencia
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro241

I noticed this line in the logcat that may explain why it doesn't work in the D2G..
04-17 13:05:58.218 2164 2164 D JAVA:FMRadioPlayerService: FMStateUNInitowerOn(): Power on fmradio device
04-17 13:05:58.218 2164 2164 D JAVA:FMRadioPlayerService: After fm radio power on
04-17 13:05:58.218 2164 2164 D JAVA:FMRadioPlayerService: fm radio power on fail
04-17 13:05:58.218 2164 2164 D JAVA:FMRadioPlayerService: onRebind() called
04-17 13:05:58.218 1267 2033 W ActivityManager: Unable to start service Intent { act=com.motorola.android.fmradio.FMRADIO_SERVICE }: not found

Now, if that service is discovered, we could possibly get a D2 user to copy the necessary files for us with D2G to enjoy FM radio...

Any news?

D2G owner
4th June 2011, 08:29 AM   |  #152  

30 posts
More
Unhappy fm radio
fm radio doesn't work as well.
seems to me no solution is found
8th March 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #153  

1 posts
Any news for milestone 2?
29th March 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #154  

2 posts
milestone2
Does it work for milestone 2?!!

Can some make Rom for it?

TNX
25th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #155  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,330

6,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
After a full year without a Droid * and scratching my head, I think I've finally cracked the Motorola FM secret.

I got a Droid X about a month ago and "unfortunately" it didn't have the problem. Only some do.

But recently I got a Verizon Droid 2 CDMA with the problem, and it's working now. I think it even improved reception on the Droid X.

The latest version of Spirit FM free is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?v369y5839c7dgoz

Give it SU or it will only be able to use the Motorola OEM API which may not exist or may not work well on many ROMs.

Menu->Settings->Audio->Method should get invisibly set to "Motorola" but you can try setting manually to that, or others, if you have no audio but see RSSI values over 10 at upper left.

Let me know.

Send me a debug log with Menu->Test->Email->Logs and after a few seconds. enter "Droid2" in the email text and press send.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #156  
Thanks Meter: 8

252 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

The latest version of Spirit FM free is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?v369y5839c7dgoz

That seems to be a dead link.
29th June 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #157  
Mmm... desiccant
Thanks Meter: 64

349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA

That seems to be a dead link.

It is, but look at his signature...

Alternately, you could also try flashing the attached zip from recovery. It's essentially the Moto DX FM app made flashable & ported to the D2. It should work for recent CM7 D2 ROMs, say April 2012 or newer, but no guarantees. Will it work on older CM7, MIUI, other CM7 based ROMs, or similar devices (D2G, Milestone2)- maybe, try it & report back. Will it work on CM9- probably not, but I have no idea. You may also need to "force stop" it (or any D2 FM app) to avoid battery drain. As far as I'm aware, no D2 FM app provides speaker mode, or 2 channel audio. Spirit FM may conquer that someday, but don't count on it given the number of devices he supports. That said, if you want free & functional, try this. If you want guaranteed functionality, buy Spirit FM.

MD5- a7e0844cf43e2093d66bae5b4a78ebee
Attached Files
File Type: zip D2_CM7GB_FM_NoSpeaker_RightOnly.zip - [Click for QR Code] (644.5 KB, 148 views)
Last edited by jb789; 29th June 2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: attachment
The Following User Says Thank You to jb789 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #158  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,330

6,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb789

It is, but look at his signature...

Alternately, you could also try flashing the attached zip from recovery. It's essentially the Moto DX FM app made flashable & ported to the D2. It should work for recent CM7 D2 ROMs, say April 2012 or newer, but no guarantees. Will it work on older CM7, MIUI, other CM7 based ROMs, or similar devices (D2G, Milestone2)- maybe, try it & report back. Will it work on CM9- probably not, but I have no idea. You may also need to "force stop" it (or any D2 FM app) to avoid battery drain. As far as I'm aware, no D2 FM app provides speaker mode, or 2 channel audio. Spirit FM may conquer that someday, but don't count on it given the number of devices he supports. That said, if you want free & functional, try this. If you want guaranteed functionality, buy Spirit FM.

MD5- a7e0844cf43e2093d66bae5b4a78ebee

Great summary, thanks !

Yes, see the top of post 1 for the latest Free version links: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=13379669

One funny thing is that the audio actually IS in stereo, from reports I've read. It's just that one channel is extremely low in volume. It might be fixable.

Motorola used the ancient OSS audio API it appears. I was getting close to tackling it, but "life and family time" are an issue and I'm pretty busy with the latest high end devices such as SGS3 and HTC OneX.

I even bought a Droid2 recently, but IMO when used Galaxy S's and Desire HDs can be bought for as low as $100 or so, then for many people it's become time to move on.

Not everyone can afford to move on of course. And there's that keyboard too...
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #159  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 42

354 posts
More
Quote:

Great summary, thanks !

Yes, see the top of post 1 for the latest Free version links: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=13379669

One funny thing is that the audio actually IS in stereo, from reports I've read. It's just that one channel is extremely low in volume. It might be fixable.

Motorola used the ancient OSS audio API it appears. I was getting close to tackling it, but "life and family time" are an issue and I'm pretty busy with the latest high end devices such as SGS3 and HTC OneX.

I even bought a Droid2 recently, but IMO when used Galaxy S's and Desire HDs can be bought for as low as $100 or so, then for many people it's become time to move on.

If I could afford to move on I would. Also like a kb and a removable battery. Think I will get that g2 off of CL soon.
Droid 2 is dead and if you are stupid, like me, unrootable.

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
30th June 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #160  
Mmm... desiccant
Thanks Meter: 64

349 posts
Quote:

...One funny thing is that the audio actually IS in stereo, from reports I've read. It's just that one channel is extremely low in volume. It might be fixable...

I always enjoy reading your technical sleuthing, even if it is usually over my head. I'll certainly buy Spirit FM if you figure out FM stereo on the D2. I know that's hardly motivational, but think of the priceless satisfaction you'll feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergear

If I could afford to move on I would. Also like a kb and a removable battery. Think I will get that g2 off of CL soon.
Droid 2 is dead and if you are stupid, like me, unrootable...

I can afford to move on, but the D2 is just about the perfect form factor for me. There's the keyboard & removable battery as mentioned, and FM, plenty of horsepower, good stable ROMs, and it does everything I want/need it to.

Thankfully, there's even an SBF for the currently unrootable .621 update, so at least nobody's stuck with a brick (but I suspect you know that). There are some devs working on rooting it, and one just got his hands on a D2, so I bet they'll have something by the end of summer.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread