Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official FIRMWARES] Galaxy Tab Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869

Tip us?

groovdafied
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Wait, how/where did you download your firmware? I can't download the US firmware...the page leads to unreachable in my browser.

groovdafied
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Disregard this post

edan1979
Old
Thanks Meter 693

DONATE TO ME
my google found me this...

http://hotfile.com/dl/144728307/4883...UEKL1.rar.html

i think this is US 6210 firmware... cant verified... as i use this tiny phone to search on google...

Ceelos09
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979 View Post
my google found me this...

http://hotfile.com/dl/144728307/4883...UEKL1.rar.html

i think this is US 6210 firmware... cant verified... as i use this tiny phone to search on google...
Hmmm...downloaded it to my phone, but without an actual computer to unzip and look thru the files, I can't say whether this is legit or not

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: MOAR v5.01
Kernel: Stock Optimized Kernel
BOOTANIMATION: stock
Theme: My own personal creation
BOOTANIMATION: Stock CM
THEME: ICS Glow

DEVICE: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
ROM: Stock 4.1.2 JB
KERNEL: Stock
BOOTANIMATION: Stock
THEME: Stock

gingerboy92
Old
(Last edited by gingerboy92; 8th March 2012 at 05:40 PM.) Reason: spelling fix
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorth View Post
If I recall correctly flashing through Odin also increases the flash count. The point is that Heimdall is safer, and open source, and Heimdall firmware packages aren't "protected" with some stupid password by some guy trying to inflate his ego.

btw, there's always Chainfire's TriangleAway... it can clear the flash count. I assume we'll be able to use this when we finally move to Ice Cream Sandwich.
odin won't increase the counter if its the original firmware package from samsung.. to use heimdall you need to unpackage everything first if i'm right.. heimdall will increase the counter even with samsung's official firmware. i might be wrong though. about triangleaway, untill it's useable, i won't say anything.

bdds13
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Has the latest LA3 firmware for p6210 been posted yet? I've searched through this whole thread but I haven't seen it.

aorth
Old
Thanks Meter 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerboy92 View Post
odin won't increase the counter if its the original firmware package from samsung.. to use heimdall you need to unpackage everything first if i'm right.. heimdall will increase the counter even with samsung's official firmware. i might be wrong though. about triangleaway, untill it's useable, i won't say anything.
Yeah, kinda. From what I've seen the counter only increments during kernel flashes, and only when flashing kernels which are not signed by Samsung. Kernels from Samsung firmware releases can be flashed like this without incrementing the counter:
Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage
Samsung firmwares contain many files, such as boot.bin, zImage, recovery.img, factoryfs.img, etc. Each of these files gets flashed to the corresponding mmc partition.

gingerboy92
Old
(Last edited by gingerboy92; 12th March 2012 at 04:42 PM.) Reason: short term brain loss
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Yeah, kinda. From what I've seen the counter only increments during kernel flashes, and only when flashing kernels which are not signed by Samsung. Kernels from Samsung firmware releases can be flashed like this without incrementing the counter:
Code:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage
Samsung firmwares contain many files, such as boot.bin, zImage, recovery.img, factoryfs.img, etc. Each of these files gets flashed to the corresponding mmc partition.
i just flashed the recovery.img using heimdall without increasing the counter. not the original recover.img, but the one with cwm.. then i flashed root.zip to root.. all without using an external sd card. woohoo!
The Following User Says Thank You to gingerboy92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aorth
Old
Thanks Meter 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerboy92 View Post
i just flashed the recovery.img using heimdall without increasing the counter. not the original recover.img, but the one with cwm.. then i flashed root.zip to root.. all without using an external sd card. woohoo!
Yes, this is certainly a good way to flash recovery without an external SD card. I'm telling you guys, Heimdall is good stuff.

Regarding the flash count: I guess that confirms that the only partition which gets "counted" is the kernel/"boot" partition. Not particularly helpful, but good to know. There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around XDA's newbie population.
The Following User Says Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gingerboy92
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Yes, this is certainly a good way to flash recovery without an external SD card. I'm telling you guys, Heimdall is good stuff.

Regarding the flash count: I guess that confirms that the only partition which gets "counted" is the kernel/"boot" partition. Not particularly helpful, but good to know. There seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around XDA's newbie population.
i guess so.. its good to know what to avoid from flashing no more worries~ a good software indeed.