5,594,653 Members 32,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MT4GS Still One of the Most Expensive T-Mobile Phones

Tip us?

rilbel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The myTouch 4G Slide, IS, one of the best on T-Mobile and as far as I am concerned, its a GREAT phone.

I had the Amaze, and it had sooooo many flaws, I really wonder why HTC released it.

This is a 600 dollar phone lets keep in mind...
The phone got WAY too warm, way too many times. Most of the fault was of the 4G. However, it also got warm on 2G after few minutes of using apps or calling or YouTube. My 4gSlide, gets barely hot on 4G and not hot AT ALL on 2G no matter what. Not to mention that on the amaze, being one piece, the screen also gets very warm and is very bothersome when say you get a call. It wont burn your face, but it definitely bothers you to feel all that heat. On the slide I can stay hours on youtube and the slide performs phenomenally and never ever gets hot, and if it barely does, it wont affect the screen, just the back.

The Amaze was burning after 20 minutes of simple use btw. The battery on the Amaze is KNOWN to suck. Anyone who says that it lasts a day is lying or doesn't use their phone. On 4G, the battery would last no more than 4 hours and take about 2++ hours to charge. On 2G about 6 to 7 and take about 2 hours to charge. My Slide lasts about 5 to 6 on 4G and like a day ++ on 2G and charges muuuuuch faster too. Its fantastic.

Call quality on the Amaze, BLEH!
Reception, BLEH,
If you place a case on the amaze, forget about WiFi and BT especially.
Calls were ALWAYS, static sounding. And no, I tried other Amaze's, its a defect from HTC it seems, as all of the other cons mentioned (Which I am sure I will forget many).

My slide is the opposite and even if I did notice a bit of grip of death for the wifi (just move the hand and voila, fixed), it is flawlessly when it comes to bt and call quality and reception.

amaze pros lets see. Fantastic screen, even if same as ours, just bigger. The phone was pretty fast when say installing apps even if the slide is like one second if that slower (WOOOOW ). Ours is 1.2, Amaze is 1.5.
I also hated the Sense on it, while I love the one of the 4G slide. It is so much smarter. Notice how in the next Sense with ICS, the logic behind it is so much closer to the 4g slide with the 4 icons at the bottom sticking there, and not that huge useless curve with the phone, apps and "personalization" icon. How idiotic.
Or the spinning carosel... really? So annoying and time wasting.

Typing on the Amaze is also crap because of the number of multitouches it (doesn't) allows, so if you type fast... lol, prepare to swear at that thing. Some people can't play certain games because it doesnt register as many touches like say the SGSII btw, fact. And personal opinion, I feel that any phone over 4" is WAY too big. The Slide is a bit heavier but the Amaze is still heavy and way more bothersome in the pocket.

I honestly cant think of anything the amaze is better than the slide except obvious, but meaningless overall, spec numbers oh and sound recording in video.
Again, if you have the amaze and say you love it, fine, just giving my opinion as far as my experience goes with the amaze was.

veritas17
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I got my Mytouch 4gs from Sams club for .96 about a month ago. I don't see how it can be.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

yellowjacket1981
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I sorta like that the mt4gs is still one of the most expensive phones, because it makes me feel like my phone has been a good investment, and has retained its value longer than expected.

OneNawlige
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yeah ive been wondering why the phone never declined in price. I ended up waiting 3 extra months just to get it. Seems pretty pricey even with an upgrade through t-mobile. I lucked up though and was upgrade eligible and ordered from walmart online for $125 total (including the expedited shipping) .... thats a damn steal. if im not mistakin it was $225 or so going straight through tmobile, checked walmarts site and there still going for the $109

cybot_x1024
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Despite being one of the most expensive T-Mo phones, it just gets minor updates of 2.3.4, not even 2.3.5 or 7. What are we to make of that? And now we have our hopes on ICS.
It bothers me that the stock roms version hasn't gotten a major update in almost nine months.

sent from a hacked Phone Booth using XDA
HTC S620 - sold
HTC Tilt 2 - retired
HTC Vision - sold
HTC DoubleShot -retired
Samsung Galaxy Note II - sane chip
Next ?