[ROOT] Stock ICS Leak One-Click Root Tool

Search This thread

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
Gersma,

I'll be able to answer to your question as soon as I'll be able to download this tool and test it. :)

Thanks for your answer. My question actually is : once i have flashed ics 4.03 through the 'update.zip' method, (NO cwm flashing custom ics rom, BUT renaming the rom provided by vache to 'update.zip' and flashing everything, bootloader etc.), can i return to honeycomb 3.2.1 with following method :

1) installing buggy honeycomb 3.01 downgrade
2) installing iconiaroot v1.3
3) installing cwm with the program acer recovery installer
4) flashing any rom with newly installed cwm

maybe you could answer that.

If i knew ics 4.03 is downgradable, then i would use this tool to root the ics leak by vache (v0.0014.00) and still beeing able to return to HC3.2.1 by the above method if ever needed.

thanks in advance.

castafiore

Sep 13, 2010
I've tested the update 3.1 (thanks for the mirror blackthund3r :) ).

I did'nt test to downgrade to honeycomb 3.01 but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
The problem is that, even if you do that, you will loose your custom recovery when you will upgrade to ICS...

As explained by blackthund3r, you have to root your tablet (with ICSRoot3.1) and install an unlocked bootloader if you want to install a custom recovery on ICS.

exodusevil

Feb 26, 2012
SAO PAULO
Gersma,
Have you saw this?

[TUT] How To Recover From ICS Leak Upgrade

Code:
hXXp://androidtabletgeeks.com/forum/#topic/-TUT-How-to-recover-from-ICS-leak-upgrade-.htm

:)

Last edited:

exodusevil

Feb 26, 2012
SAO PAULO
And now?

Hi folks!

blackthund3r,

First thank you for this tool. It's is very very easy to use. And I can say it because I'm a very noob "root android" user ;)
I used for the first time from other Forum with version 3.0 and works well and fast!

I have just a simple, and stupid (sorry), question: after root using this tool Is possible to flash cwm or ra (or something like that) to install the custom rooms?

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
Gersma,
Have you saw this?

[TUT] How To Recover From ICS Leak Upgrade

Code:
hXXp://androidtabletgeeks.com/forum/#topic/-TUT-How-to-recover-from-ICS-leak-upgrade-.htm

:)

thank you !

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

everybody have full root with the 3.1 version?
Mine says when i use hd file manager : remount system failed.
Superuser and su are installed, i can confirm this through the superuser app.

exodusevil

Feb 26, 2012
SAO PAULO
thank you !

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

everybody have full root with the 3.1 version?
Mine says when i use hd file manager : remount system failed.
Superuser and su are installed, i can confirm this through the superuser app.

You are wellcome! And if possible help me grow here in XDA using "Thanks button" (it's free lol).

Well, about the root is the same here, I can see superuser and su, and can go to shell and call #
But, when I try (for example) create a directory inside system the message "ready only" appear.
:(

But it's my firts time trying to use root. Any help will be very glad!

Regards,

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
You are wellcome! And if possible help me grow here in XDA using "Thanks button" (it's free lol).

Well, about the root is the same here, I can see superuser and su, and can go to shell and call #
But, when I try (for example) create a directory inside system the message "ready only" appear.
:(

But it's my firts time trying to use root. Any help will be very glad!

Regards,

Simply fire up ICS Root and click "Remount /system rw" In the "Remount Tools" menu ;)
Once you get the success message, feel free to unplug your tablet and play around with the system folder as you see fit :)

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Hi folks!

blackthund3r,

First thank you for this tool. It's is very very easy to use. And I can say it because I'm a very noob "root android" user ;)
I used for the first time from other Forum with version 3.0 and works well and fast!

I have just a simple, and stupid (sorry), question: after root using this tool Is possible to flash cwm or ra (or something like that) to install the custom rooms?

You can if you enter APX mode and flash a modified bootloader and a CWM or RA image with itsmagic removed - see this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514951

Reactions: castafiore

castafiore

Sep 13, 2010
Hi blackthund3r

Thanks again for your tool.

Is the only way to set the tablet in APX mode pushing manually on the reset button (and power on)?

Is there no possiblity to set the tablet in APX mode, just from a command on the PC?

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Hi blackthund3r

Thanks again for your tool.

Is the only way to set the tablet in APX mode pushing manually on the reset button (and power on)?

Is there no possiblity to set the tablet in APX mode, just from a command on the PC?

Afaik yes. Some people have said adb reboot bootloader works but it never has for me

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LazySmerf

castafiore

Sep 13, 2010
'adb reboot bootloader' does work for me but I guess it is because I used the jm77's method for unblocking my bootloader.

The idea behind my question, perhaps very naive, was : could it be possible to add a step to your tool's script consisting in flashing an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery ?
I mean to build a tool like unrevoked (created for some android phones).

Last edited:

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
'adb reboot bootloader' does work for me but I guess it is because I used the jm77's method for unblocking my bootloader.

The idea behind my question, perhaps very naive, was : could it be possible to add a step to your tool's script consisting in flashing an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery ?
I mean to build a tool like unrevoked (created for some android phones).

It is perhaps something I'll look into in the near future but for now, v4.0 should help those with problems with mounting /system rw. The next step is making it easy to install CWM and a patched bootloader. This may come from me or it may not. Depends on if I have time and/or if I see a need for a tool for it. At the moment a batch script is probably adequate once in APX mode

And as for adb reboot bootloader, it appears to be working for me now :p

Last edited:

X_lawl_X

May 30, 2010
I am unable to modify files in /system using adb or any file explorer, even if I use the a500 remount tool. :/ (According to the "mount" command, /system is still mounted as ro instead of rw)

Last edited:

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
I am unable to modify files in /system using adb or any file explorer, even if I use the a500 remount tool. :/ (According to the "mount" command, /system is still mounted as ro instead of rw)

Try rebooting then using the A500 remount tool again. Ensure it has superuser access and if not try rooting again. If problems persist let me know.

triniwasp

Oct 16, 2011
Worked like a charm, had a hellish time trying to make the other method work. Best I could do was get into apx mode, but nothing happened after that. Wish I found this 4 hours earlier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

First off, I'm new to xda Developers so please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum! I thought I'd post information about a tool I wrote here which roots stock 4.0.3 leak on the A500, A501 and assumingly the A200 too. Its literally one click - just enable USB debugging. "ICS Root" also installs, optionally, FaceLock and Trebuchet (although FaceLock doesn't want to work. It lets you set it up though =P)

Since version 5.0.1 this also now works with the new 0.022.00 leak!

The full post is over at TegraOwners: http://forum.tegraowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=350

The only real system requirements are Windows (with .Net Framework 4) and an Iconia on the stock 4.0.3 leak. I hope somebody finds this useful :) its been tested by myself and a couple of TegraOwners users and it works well.

In terms of the technique used, it uses the great Jay Freeman's mempodroid exploit to gain root at which point it mounts /system rw and installs su, busybox and Superuser.apk so no real surprises there. Installing Trebuchet adds that apk to /system/app and installing FaceLock installs the apk to /system/app before installing the pittpatt folder to the flexrom (mounted as /system/vendor). I plan to open source it when all the requested features have been implemented and the code has been cleaned up.

Thanks!

~blackthund3r

EDIT 14/05/2012: ICS Root 7 is out ;) enjoy!

At first this didn't work then I plugged my a500 into a differentUSB port then it was fine thank you works awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Glad it worked for ya :)

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2
    Note to you all: this tool does NOT touch the OTA apps. It should not, therefore, affect OTA on ICS (AFAIK).
    To unroot simply remove the files which ICS Root adds (I.e. remove busybox, its symlinks, su, Superuser.apk,Remounter.API,sysro & sysrw :)

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2
    cwm version?

why would it not work with cwm version?
    Thank you so much for your rooting method. The One-click ver. 7.1.1 worked on the tablet!! I haven't tested the unrooting method but will do so later on!! I also installed your A500 manager script which is GREAT as well!! Though for some reason, when going into recovery I only see the droid with the triangle and exclamation mark in it. I don't see the TWRP which i had installed. In any case, I'll look it up further and see what is it I'm doing wrong ;)!!! A big Thanks once again!

Device Info which was rooted (in case anybody is wondering):
    Model Number = A500
    Android Version = 4.0.3
    Kernel Version = 2.6.39.4+
    Image Version = Acer_AV041_A500_RV05RC01_PA_CUS1
    Build Number = Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1

Keep up the good work!

Glad it helped! The unroot tool is rubbish by the way - just ignore it ;P

If you want recovery you need to unlock your bootloader using something like my APX Flash Tool. Find a bundle which has a recovery installed too :)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2