5,594,386 Members 36,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] Lenovo Thinkpad CWR Port

Tip us?

quyTam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
It's a bug.

I've already noticed that factory reset format internal memory (=SDCard).

but never had problem with external SDCard

Koshu
Old
Thanks Meter 438

DONATE TO ME
the internal sdcard is data, to be more exactly it's a folder called /data/media. So its not a bug, just a little unlucky datastructure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quyTam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
yes, I've read your previous message just after posting mine.
Understand now why it works like that, but it's a little bit confusing and not very handy.

They should make real separate partition for sdCard, not emulate the media folder as a drive...

Now, I praticaly don't use internal memory anymore to store data (I use it only for temp files)

Janis
Old
(Last edited by Janis; 2nd June 2012 at 01:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
delete
Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T), stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
T-mobile S3, stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
Galaxy Note GT-N7000, RocketRom
TPT 16gb stock rooted back from repair & working slowly but beautifully
Vibrant & still pretty happy with it with CM10.1
G1 on CM6 as kitchen timer and remote keyboard

Flashing is better in your jammies!

quyTam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
In this way, internal memory is not very handy for those who flash alot.

I'm satisfied to have bought only a 16gb tablet (and a 32gb SD card); because now, I only use SD card memory anyway...

ps: could it be possible to make a script to do a "factory reset" without erasing "mnt/media" ?

froader
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Recovery updates

I've noticed a lot of requests for jcase to make updates and others have been patching themselves.

You should head over to his github and send him some pull requests for patches.

Make it a team effort.

Now we just need some ROM dev.
Check out Dropbox - vv
Click Here - Free 2GB file hosting

Kryston
Old
(Last edited by Kryston; 7th March 2012 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
You should remake this thread, and post all those links and how to's on the first page and keep it up to date, its better then reading alll those pages.

so it will be much easier to find for new users, i needed 2 hours now to find this....

btw nice work

EDIT: Btw on the asus transformer they added or maybe it was standard, an option to switch between sd card and internal sd card...
such an option would be nice.

And one Question i am running the US Version now on me _WE Tablet, is that ok or will there be any problems in future?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kryston For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhankinson
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscure.detour View Post
Why does doing a factory reset or formatting /data within CWR format the sdcard? In every android device I've owned with CWR, doing a factory reset and does not format your sdcard. And when you specify to only format /data it should only format that directory.

I've flashed/rooted/tinkered with many many android devices with CWR and have never had this issue of it constantly formatting the sdcard. Does any one else have this problem?
It was a bug due to a symlink between /data/media and /sdcard that caused the internal sdcard to be wiped every time. There was an updated version here that fixes the problem. It does not work on ROW tablets though. I don't know if there is a ROW version with the fix, but maybe you could ask realyst2k if he could incorporate the patch that was used on the other version.

quyTam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
The version you mention skip sdcard for backup, but not while wipe data!

Wipe data in cwm erase the sdcard folder!!!

stewarta
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhankinson View Post
It was a bug due to a symlink between /data/media and /sdcard that caused the internal sdcard to be wiped every time. There was an updated version here that fixes the problem. It does not work on ROW tablets though. I don't know if there is a ROW version with the fix, but maybe you could ask realyst2k if he could incorporate the patch that was used on the other version.
It seems the ROW version does not have the problem ... leastways I don't seem to have the issue. Luck or stupidity, I'm not sure. LOL

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk
LG Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2.
Samsung Nexus S GT-i9023, [CNA (Mod) 2.0.0-RC2 Android 4.0.4 IMM76D/Matr1x-CFS-V22.0, SmartassV2~SIO 200-1200Mhz/XXKL1], unlocked, rooted.

Asus Nexus 7, [Android 4.3], Back to stock locked, unrooted.
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, 18392QM 00121_ROW, [Android ICS 4.0.3, OTA 3, OnDemand~Noop], unlocked, rooted.