Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] Cyanogenmod decreases battery life?

OP Siddharth12345

8th March 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #11  
rkoby13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 8,147
 
10,112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish19

I am on Cm 7 a7 and was having similar problems. So i got a new battery just today evening. i hav put it in and m using it(haven't charged it yet) so that i can completely drain it and charge it properly.
Do I need to calibrate the battery after full charge? I'm using CM 1.3 HV kernel. what sort of battery life are u ppl getting? I do not want to use set cpu, so i have just set max cpu freq to 800 and governor to lagfree in cynogenmod performance settings. will that do?

last time on very hard 3g(battery eater) usage...and bunch of other stuff running along i got 20hrs(temperature was 38-39C) oc at 800 conservative governor & 3 setcpu profiles...my battery is 1year old...with moderate usage with 3g never off...i still reach 30-35hrs mark..that's good for my old battery..
about calibration...well you can do it...but even without calibration it should calibrate by itself after 3-4 full charge and discharge cycles...setcpu profiles can help u to gain some more battery life too:P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Kyrillos' ROM v10 GWK74 beta
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9th March 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #12  
manish19's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 42
 
258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoby13

last time on very hard 3g(battery eater) usage...and bunch of other stuff running along i got 20hrs(temperature was 38-39C) oc at 800 conservative governor & 3 setcpu profiles...my battery is 1year old...with moderate usage with 3g never off...i still reach 30-35hrs mark..that's good for my old battery..
about calibration...well you can do it...but even without calibration it should calibrate by itself after 3-4 full charge and discharge cycles...setcpu profiles can help u to gain some more battery life too:P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Kyrillos' ROM v10 GWK74 beta
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I have put my phone on charge for the first time with the new battery after having drained it completely. Some strange was there... after putting it on charge for sometime, the battery indicator showed full and in the lock screen it says full...
But when i swithced it off, the battery was charged only till 10-15 %. So the phone is off now and charging.
Is there a problem with the battery driver? Any ways to fix this. I can't always switch off my phone to charge it right.
Im in CM7 A7 stock with CM 1.3 Kernel.
11th March 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Screwed my battery too
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish19

I am on Cm 7 a7 and was having similar problems. So i got a new battery just today evening. i hav put it in and m using it(haven't charged it yet) so that i can completely drain it and charge it properly.
Do I need to calibrate the battery after full charge? I'm using CM 1.3 HV kernel. what sort of battery life are u ppl getting? I do not want to use set cpu, so i have just set max cpu freq to 800 and governor to lagfree in cynogenmod performance settings. will that do?

Where can i get the battery online? It seems i have also run into the same problem ever since i flashed CM7 A7. Screwed my battery. Its still screwed after flashing other ROMs. How much will it cost?
11th March 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #14  
rkoby13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 8,147
 
10,112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulroyrd350

Where can i get the battery online? It seems i have also run into the same problem ever since i flashed CM7 A7. Screwed my battery. Its still screwed after flashing other ROMs. How much will it cost?

check ur last post under ImPhoenix's thread...
search under Accesories section

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Kyrillos' ROM v10 GWK74 beta
powered by
CM7-kernel 1.3 H.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12th March 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Talking new battery worked
Anyone who asked me to change the battery wins (i guess almost everyone, including my GF )
The new battery works. Got one today. Went to samsung service centre. They said it wud take 3-4 days to get one. And its costs only Rs.500. So totally worth it.
Currently, waiting for the mob to drain so that i can calibrate it at 100%
If all goes well then my phone has risen from the ashes, else its just gonna be dust in the wind
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes