Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 50,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Maybe sending phone back. Will Verizon be able to see my TBH radio hack?

Tip us?

tkuligowski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Ok so I think I can verify now that an SBF to froyo does in fact write to the radio firmware. I have not gone into radiocomm and verified the values, but I've done numerous SBF with gingerbread and my TBH radio hack remained intact. I did an SBF to froyo this morning and am now completely back to stock. Any attempt to use mobile hotpot takes me to Verizon website, which it should do in stock form.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Moon Shadow - NM
Old
Thanks Meter 493

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuligowski View Post
Ok so I think I can verify now that an SBF to froyo does in fact write to the radio firmware. I have not gone into radiocomm and verified the values, but I've done numerous SBF with gingerbread and my TBH radio hack remained intact. I did an SBF to froyo this morning and am now completely back to stock. Any attempt to use mobile hotpot takes me to Verizon website, which it should do in stock form.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Wow! Thanks for the education! I was under the impression that the SBF files only did software... Well, now is as good a time to learn something new as ever!

Ciao!

If I helped you, just hit the THANKS button. It's free, and nice to see. If I REALLY helped you, consider donating, or signing up for Dropbox from here and we both receive an extra 250MB of storage!

Also, check out my Motorola Droid X2 tutorials:
HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2