T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more
View Poll Results: Are you actually happy with your A100?
Yes, I love it! 68 86.08%
Got it on sale, it's okay. 8 10.13%
No. 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone really happy with their A100?

OP bsharitt

24th February 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 22

146 posts
Its great, especially with ICS..!!
29th February 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 11

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksrock1000

Its great, especially with ICS..!!

Its waaaaaaaaayyyyy smoother now with ICS! And i found it already snappier then a few other tablets I have tried!
1st March 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 1

65 posts
Very much happy with stock rom. Can do everything I need, watch online movies, music player, document readers and surfing the net.

I wan to root it but maybe later, still being over whelmed of what it can do and I still have mot bumped into the point that I neet root to do something.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to greate For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 807

4,244 posts
I love my a100 and with ICS I'm even more inlove with it. Now that we have full ICS root I can use GL to SD again and also just incase theres the SD swap mod that also works for it. And ICS a500 build.prop change. Best $250 investment I've made
8th March 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 4

7 posts
I am a construction inspector for a major oil company and I use mine to fill out reports in excel and MS Word in the field. Before I got this tab for $250, I would jot down all the info in a tally book and type the reports when I got back to the office. It saves me tons of time transferring info to my computer and it fits in my back pocket while in the field. All of my code books and spec books are now at a touch of my finger and instantly accessible ands reports are forwarded to my computer via email attachments. The battery is sufficient enough for me to make it through a 10hr shift without having to look for a charger.

Well worth the price for me! Loving the 7" tablet right now running ICS.

8th March 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #26  
Flag Inland Empire, California
Thanks Meter: 12

1,127 posts
More
I bought it for my daughter to replace the terrible Cruz 101 thing I got her. I got for $189 and it has been superb. We watch movies, read books, surf the web, play games, get yoga videos, etc....

I am more than happy with this purchase and very impressed. Android really never impressed me before. I hope the non leaked ICS upgrade works just as well or better.

My only gripe is not being able to charge it through the usb port and wondering if I'll be able to put Windows 8 on it later!
12th March 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
This is the 3rd 7" tablet I have tried. I returned the previous 2. I tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (twice) and the Archos 70b (Honeycomb). Out of the box this beat both from my perspective. The Samsung's main problem was TouchWiz and proprietary ports (for me...ymmv). I am glued to e-mail and Samsung's TW mail app would not stay in sync...had to re-do my account frequently.

The Archos was dog-slow and many Market apps (Facebook, for example) were "not compatible." I could have side-loaded but given it was so slow, chose not to.

My only real grip is with the viewing angle...but that was well known before I bought it.

ICS definitely was a big improvement...if you haven't put that in, I recommend it.
13th March 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1

65 posts
Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

13th March 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #29  
Flag T.B.A
Thanks Meter: 124

1,173 posts
More
I love my A100 too, especially now that I have ICS on it and with ICS my previously non working gps started working great finally so I started using it as my gps navigation device too.
13th March 2012, 11:35 AM   |  #30  
Flag Derbyshire
Thanks Meter: 58

595 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greate

Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

I've recently purchased a 32GB SD card for mine, I haven't had this much storage since my Creative Zen days! Loving the stock ICS music app, even managed to get some Gundam on here too. I'm not sure but does the A100 support cards of that size, 64, that is?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread