5,599,911 Members 45,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you actually happy with your A100?
Yes, I love it! 68 86.08%
Got it on sale, it's okay. 8 10.13%
No. 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone really happy with their A100?

Tip us?

yanksrock1000
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Its great, especially with ICS..!!

bmb1983
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksrock1000 View Post
Its great, especially with ICS..!!
Its waaaaaaaaayyyyy smoother now with ICS! And i found it already snappier then a few other tablets I have tried!

greate
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Very much happy with stock rom. Can do everything I need, watch online movies, music player, document readers and surfing the net.

I wan to root it but maybe later, still being over whelmed of what it can do and I still have mot bumped into the point that I neet root to do something.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to greate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 747
I love my a100 and with ICS I'm even more inlove with it. Now that we have full ICS root I can use GL to SD again and also just incase theres the SD swap mod that also works for it. And ICS a500 build.prop change. Best $250 investment I've made

dig'em
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am a construction inspector for a major oil company and I use mine to fill out reports in excel and MS Word in the field. Before I got this tab for $250, I would jot down all the info in a tally book and type the reports when I got back to the office. It saves me tons of time transferring info to my computer and it fits in my back pocket while in the field. All of my code books and spec books are now at a touch of my finger and instantly accessible ands reports are forwarded to my computer via email attachments. The battery is sufficient enough for me to make it through a 10hr shift without having to look for a charger.

Well worth the price for me! Loving the 7" tablet right now running ICS.

addicus
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I bought it for my daughter to replace the terrible Cruz 101 thing I got her. I got for $189 and it has been superb. We watch movies, read books, surf the web, play games, get yoga videos, etc....

I am more than happy with this purchase and very impressed. Android really never impressed me before. I hope the non leaked ICS upgrade works just as well or better.

My only gripe is not being able to charge it through the usb port and wondering if I'll be able to put Windows 8 on it later!
"Live long and prosper. If that doesn't work blow this mutha up!"
-Addicus Brown

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less."
- General Erik Shinseki

Nokia Lumia 920 (ATT)
Rom: STOCK

ledname
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is the 3rd 7" tablet I have tried. I returned the previous 2. I tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (twice) and the Archos 70b (Honeycomb). Out of the box this beat both from my perspective. The Samsung's main problem was TouchWiz and proprietary ports (for me...ymmv). I am glued to e-mail and Samsung's TW mail app would not stay in sync...had to re-do my account frequently.

The Archos was dog-slow and many Market apps (Facebook, for example) were "not compatible." I could have side-loaded but given it was so slow, chose not to.

My only real grip is with the viewing angle...but that was well known before I bought it.

ICS definitely was a big improvement...if you haven't put that in, I recommend it.

greate
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

Jesse6749
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I love my A100 too, especially now that I have ICS on it and with ICS my previously non working gps started working great finally so I started using it as my gps navigation device too.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (On Metro PCS)
i317 running DS-MK6v1.75 04/08/14 AT&T I317-UCUBMK6
[---]
Samsung XE700T1C A03US
256Gig SSD
Win. 8.1 x64
[---]
Apple iPad Air 128Gig
[---]
Acer Iconia A510 32Gig - Olympic Edition Black

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by greate View Post
Still happy with my a100, number of books is growing, more mp3, more video and photo I don't worry about storage space since I got additional 32g and might get 64g later. I also sign up with box.net and got 50g cloud storage for free.

Planning to just wait for the OTA official ICS update from acer.

I've recently purchased a 32GB SD card for mine, I haven't had this much storage since my Creative Zen days! Loving the stock ICS music app, even managed to get some Gundam on here too. I'm not sure but does the A100 support cards of that size, 64, that is?

Sent from my A500 using xda premium