Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery gets literally 4 hours before it's dead

Tip us?

Dillsnik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Battery gets literally 4 hours before it's dead

I ,am on it a lot, between GPS and general usage, ,but this still seems like too fast to drain compared to what others here have said. I had this problem with my Atrix too, maybe i am just destined for bad luck with battery life

Cozzeck
Old
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Do you use anything like juice defender. This app literly doubled my battery life!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Cozzeck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillsnik View Post
I ,am on it a lot, between GPS and general usage, ,but this still seems like too fast to drain compared to what others here have said. I had this problem with my Atrix too, maybe i am just destined for bad luck with battery life
how much screen on time do u get?

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozzeck View Post
Do you use anything like juice defender. This app literly doubled my battery life!

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda premium
Apps like that only increase standby battery life. Everything else is very minimal.

And I'm not happy with the battery life either. My phone is plugged in right now and the battery is actually going down as I use it.

Ready for the HTC One X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

blitzer320
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This happened to me since i first got the phone it has slowed down and now the phone can last through the day ever since at&t throttled me for this month goes without saying ill take it easy next month. so most likely if your in an lte area thats the problem

lastdeadmouse
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom View Post
Apps like that only increase standby battery life. Everything else is very minimal.

And I'm not happy with the battery life either. My phone is plugged in right now and the battery is actually going down as I use it.

Ready for the HTC One X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
If it's notbthe stock charger you areblikely not using a rapid charger.

Sent from my SGH-I717R
Indiana Technologies Group is the leader in Managed IT Services for our region.

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
I pull mine off the charger at 7:00 and at 3pm or so it's down to 85%, I'll put it on the charger at work until I leave around 5-6pm (mainly because I'm used to having to do this on my previous phone) and at night if I'm not using it constantly it's around 70-75% when I plug it in at bed time.

I suspect anyone getting that bad of battery life must be using it constantly, ie: Playing games, browsing, trolling facebook, etc.. Even in the "new toy" stage I'm getting great battery life.

FYI I don't have LTE, but do generally have good 4G.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.4.4, AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.4, AOKP (m-kernel)
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

tbran
Old
Thanks Meter 73
You honestly can't use any phone on GPS without external power and expect that you're not going to discharge quickly. Assuming that you are running a car charger during GPS and just didn't say so, search the i-717 threads, since the topic has been well vetted on what chargers are more effective,etc. There are definite differences.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note LTE™
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Underground_XI
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 379
The fact that there are people out there that get really good battery life means the problem is you and not the phone. If you refresh facebook every minute of course your battery life will be crappy. apps like juicedefender are just marketing crap. as long as there are no running apps in the background that eat your battery, you do not need any juicedefender or tasker. also setting screen-off behavior to conservative on set cpu helps improve battery life.

Chiver
Old
Thanks Meter 1
When I first got my i717 and was using it on the stock rom I had pretty terrible battery life. I take it off the charger at 5:00am and had decent battery life (around 5 to 7 hours without GPS) but I use my phone a lot for internet/email. I think your battery life is completely normal given your usage.