[TUTORIAL]500MB-2GB Internal Storage

OP pickoniznik

4th March 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by falsinho

I need some help. I have a Wildfire S A510e with s-on (hboot 0.90.0000). How can i s-off and install custom roms? I read a few threads but i don't want to break anything. help?

First you have to unlock the bootloader ont htcdev.com Then follow tutorials on how to root your phone. It's quite easy, don't worry.
(Ps : you're a little off-topic bro)
7th March 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #32  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 13

52 posts
More
Talking Huge thanks....
The best post ever for the Wildfire s, everyone just follow the instructions as supplied and enjoy a great rom and stacks and stacks of storage..

Many thanks .......

7th March 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #33  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brno Czech Republic
Thanks Meter: 41

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good to know that you like it so click thanks to appreciate this tutorial
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pickoniznik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #34  
Flag Northampton

52 posts
More
Smile After the update advice please....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofbits

The best post ever for the Wildfire s, everyone just follow the instructions as supplied and enjoy a great rom and stacks and stacks of storage..

Many thanks .......

Hi pickoniznik,

I posted a thanks for u, sorry I missed it on my first reply ... Once again huge thanks..

Bit of extra advice if u could please ....

I use rom manager (free version) and it helped me during the install of ur post, I don't have a recovery flashed at the moment, do I just flash one and does it have any effect on the setup as now following your original post?

Secondly I downloaded the CM7 nightly and used that for the process, If I want to keep updated with this (weekly Maybe) do I just flash a rom (using rom manager) or do I need todo more than that ?

Hope u can help and thanks again, still got 1.68Gb internal
8th March 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #35  
Flag (NL) Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 15

62 posts
More
Hello,

Can someone help me on this issue?
Today i bought a new storage card 16gb kingston sdhc class 4.
I followed the tut again but this time data2sd seem to cause issues when starting up after installing the rom. After the reboot the system crashes or is very lagging. I also cant complete the startup wizard.

I noticed that it does not matter if I choose a small or bigg partition 512mb or 2gb. When i install cyanogen without data2sd and without a partition on the card this problem does not occur. Does anyone know something about this?

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote:

Hi pickoniznik,

I posted a thanks for u, sorry I missed it on my first reply ... Once again huge thanks..

Bit of extra advice if u could please ....

I use rom manager (free version) and it helped me during the install of ur post, I don't have a recovery flashed at the moment, do I just flash one and does it have any effect on the setup as now following your original post?

Secondly I downloaded the CM7 nightly and used that for the process, If I want to keep updated with this (weekly Maybe) do I just flash a rom (using rom manager) or do I need todo more than that ?

Hope u can help and thanks again, still got 1.68Gb internal

I see you have managed to install the tut and end up with 2 gb internal mem. Can u tell me what kind of microsd card you are using?
8th March 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #36  
Flag Northampton

52 posts
More
Your Issue
Hi Squadra156,

I flashed a nightly rom, i hav a 8gb sd card and created a 2gb partition. I get a number of 'not responding' in particular with go launcher that i use. I find that if I've used an app a few times it seems to get better with time. Until u hav 2 reboot that is.

I can cope with this bit of annoyance for the time being coz the wildfire s internal memory issue was a real prob for me. Now it's fine.
Did u see my other reply earlier ? If so can u help me.

Cheers
8th March 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Well my suggestion to Wildfire users is to pass this 'tutorial' as far as I saw it ****ed up the whole ROM can't use market , after restart can't connect to sdcard , at all i tried it twice and never more. This sucks.
9th March 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #38  
Flag (NL) Nijmegen

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementpz

Well my suggestion to Wildfire users is to pass this 'tutorial' as far as I saw it ****ed up the whole ROM can't use market , after restart can't connect to sdcard , at all i tried it twice and never more. This sucks.

Then you did something wrong, because in first it worked well for me (then i was using a 2gb standard samsung micro sd!) But I upgraded and after that i got the troubles. So its not to blaim the tut!

(slight problems I did have with the market, giving me a error 492) But I think that was because the change from market to google play during the day.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote:

Hi Squadra156,

I flashed a nightly rom, i hav a 8gb sd card and created a 2gb partition. I get a number of 'not responding' in particular with go launcher that i use. I find that if I've used an app a few times it seems to get better with time. Until u hav 2 reboot that is.

I can cope with this bit of annoyance for the time being coz the wildfire s internal memory issue was a real prob for me. Now it's fine.
Did u see my other reply earlier ? If so can u help me.

Cheers

Ok mate, but i ment to ask is what kind of microsd card do you use? Because i think the lagging part of my story with my new 16gb card is because its class 4. The best way to use this is to stick with class 10 cards.

After all I followed the other tut to create a partition with minitools and let link2sd do all the work. Its basically the same.

To answer your questions, I did not have problems you mention at all, and I really dont know any solution to help you with that. The only thing I could made up is back everything up and install again from scratch .
9th March 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
will it affect my warranty?
9th March 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #40  
Flag (NL) Nijmegen

62 posts
More
Unlocking your device allready does loose warranty, what did you think? If your S-off maybe not... But at the end I HTC will deny your problems and blaim you for rooting your device. But hey , what are you doing on this board if you even care about your warranty :P ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread