Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Rom for MT4GS?

Tip us?

optimus x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Question [Q] Best Rom for MT4GS?

I apologize as I'm sure there is another thread but I couldn't find it through the search. I am looking for suggestions on a custom ROM, Stability, Performance, Battery Life, Hopefully with increased jpeg quality, and full camera performance. I use my phone on WiFi quite a bit so it would be a plus if the rom had amplified the WiFi to like 15 or 20db.

I'm uncertain as to the development of ICS on this device, But I just came from ICS on my Optimus One which ultimately lead to my device being bricked randomly after beta testing. I absolutely loved ICS, but if the rom isn't stable enough to use as a daily driver then I would rather wait... (and by stable I mean past alpha status, functional beta is stable for me... I did tons of beta testing for Optimus One so I know what to expect as far as stability goes with works in progress)

So if you guys could link me to some of the best ROMS for this device it would be much appreciated.

OneNawlige
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good question, this is my second rooted device so my exp. is limited, and ive tried several roms pyroice desensed 1.1.2 most recently and i couldnt get the web browser to load (which oobviously sux). But im runnin doubleshot lite and its pretty much the basic system debloated, and very stable

Sent from my DoubleShot Lite using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to OneNawlige For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimus x
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneNawlige View Post
Good question, this is my second rooted device so my exp. is limited, and ive tried several roms pyroice desensed 1.1.2 most recently and i couldnt get the web browser to load (which oobviously sux). But im runnin doubleshot lite and its pretty much the basic system debloated, and very stable

Which web browser were you using? I know that in the development for ICS for Optimus One, there was an issue with the stock browser and Cyanogenmod 9. I know that Opera or QQBrowser was their temporary solution.

yellowjacket1981
Old
(Last edited by yellowjacket1981; 9th March 2012 at 11:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 60
My favorite rom is Bulletproof because it has all the features of our phone, and no bugs that I have noticed. I know alot of people prefer other roms because they are faster, or they are ics, but Bulletproof is the only one that hasn't cut out features, and it doesn't have alot of bugs....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yellowjacket1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OneNawlige
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus x View Post
Which web browser were you using? I know that in the development for ICS for Optimus One, there was an issue with the stock browser and Cyanogenmod 9. I know that Opera or QQBrowser was their temporary solution.
Yeah i was using the stock browser, i might give it another run and use the opera or qqbrowser.... Good look too i liked the system alot but didnt spend much time with it because of the browser issue

AgentCherryColla
Old
Thanks Meter 507
Any PyroIce Rom is amazing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)

elister
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Using the Bulletproof Rom, mostly because everything actually works.

Tried the an older Cyangen7 mod, but the battery got way too hot and could never charge beyond 40%

Tried the ICS rom and there are some apps that need to be re-sized, mounting the SD card as a flash drive doesnt work (not into paying 5$ for a widget), problems with wifi tethering to my wifes tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to elister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidBotx
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanerix View Post
Just for the record, skialaska, Blue6IX here is the one who created the Bulletproof ROM and I really have to agree with him on this. I feel that tbalden has been doing a great job of contributing a lot of time to multiple different ROMs for different demographics (sense vs nonsense vs cm9) and I really appreciate all of the effort that he has put into the development on this phone.

Personally, I don't like the Sense UI much, so Bulletproof isn't for me. I actually use tbalden's Pyroice desensed ROM. I do, however, respect greatly the amount of work that Blue6IX has put into developing a solid ROM and all the research into the limits of the machine in both speed and voltage.

If you can't respect the developers that donate all their free time to making our devices work better, then you probably don't belong here.
Lol Blue6IX didnt create bulletproof. Romanbb did. Blue only took over the project when romanbb hauled ass. Just an FYI.

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBotx View Post
Lol Blue6IX didnt create bulletproof. Romanbb did. Blue only took over the project when romanbb hauled ass. Just an FYI.
Yeah

funny how Roman creates a hell of a ROM on the GNex but left us for p00p huh
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

Kanerix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBotx View Post

My apologies, I meant no disrespect. I just see Blue6IX on the posts and he's maintaining it. I didn't realize that it was created by romanbb.

At this point, I think skialaska is just trolling. Best ignore him and move on, methinks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanerix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]