Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Otterbox on note

Tip us?

N3RD420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Otterbox on note

I got a reply back today from otterbox. I asked if they planned on making a case for the note. They said they're working on the otterbox commuter case for the note as we speak and should be available soon. Thought I would post just in case anyone was interested.

G~Note "nuff said"
Sent from lebron James phone
The Following User Says Thank You to N3RD420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 390
I had an Otterbox case for my Streak, and loved it, but I have to say that I am shocked at the quality of this generic case I got on ebay for like $8! Head over to the accessories forum and you'll see some pretty happy campers who spent less than $10 for a case...

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk

Boomer Dog16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have used Otterbox cases in the past but the last time i checked they were listing the case for the G Note at 56$ Um they can kiss my business g buy. I got a very good Reiko case from a seller on ebay for 8.88$ delivered The Reiko case is everybit as good as a defender from over priced otter! I tend to be from the school "ya get what ya pay for" but the Reiko case even has a kickstand, flap covers that cover charging an earphone ports.

N3RD420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I had bought one of those off brand cases for my ns4g on amazon. It came with a stylus and like 3 screen protectors for 10$! They're are some good deals out there so I agree. I seen that reiko with the kickstand think I seen a red/black one. I might have to get it. I bought the flipbook (hated it before I took a chance) I was surprised tho. Note looks sexy just doesn't offer much protection in case of a drop

G~Note "nuff said"
Sent from lebron James phone

Chief Geek
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Otter says on their site that they sell their own products higher on their site then what their resellers sell for b/c they would rather you buy through them but won't refuse money. So the price quoted is always higher then what is available once they start shipping. I bought a commuter for my Vibrant and loved it. I did break it eventually and that happened by removing it so many times. I just wish I could get the Defender for this thing. I may have to look at some of the knock offs out there for such a dramatically lower priced case. I still just want a nice (brown) leather belt clip holster since leaving the tie off is considered a casual day at work for me.

chinese laundry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Otter box return policy

Even tho theirs prices are little higher than the norm, the have excellent warranty policy and will pretty much ship you a complete new case if need be, providing you date and name the pictures. I've received a couple through this process (All defenders cases), ex complete case (SGN), replaced several holsters (Iphone, Backberry, Nexus S)

dakleenupman
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinese laundry View Post
Even tho theirs prices are little higher than the norm, the have excellent warranty policy and will pretty much ship you a complete new case if need be, providing you date and name the pictures. I've received a couple through this process (All defenders cases), ex complete case (SGN), replaced several holsters (Iphone, Backberry, Nexus S)
I agree. I've done this too and for that service I'd gladly pay a bit more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
SM-N900A
Galaxy Note Tre'
AT&T Bone Stock

SM-V700
Galaxy Gear
Bone Stock

reup247
Old
Thanks Meter 8
They included an amazing screen protector with my iPhone 4 commuter case also (better IMO than this SGP one that I'm using).

I will probably pick one up, especially if it includes their protector...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Chiver
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had an Otterbox on every device I've had so far (iPad & iPhone). They really make some great cases (a bit costly but worth every cent). I can't wait until I can get one for the Note.

dtesche1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love otterbox too, however, I needed something right away. I'm a bit to clumsy to gamble on a $750 device. I ordered an "active" case from Seidio, they are similar to otterbox except no screen protector (I use zagg anyway). One thing I like about Sedio products over otter is the options. It's a three layer case with the first layer having the capability to be a simple standard case. Check them out if you don't feel like waiting.