Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile data doesn't activate when wifi off

Tip us?

turbodogfishhead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile data doesn't activate when wifi off

Having a real hard time withbswitching between wifi and 3g, anyone help? When I turn off wifi after a few hours of use, the mobile data wont come back without a reboot. I have tried cycling airplane mode, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only way to get back is with a reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

m0unds
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodogfishhead View Post
Having a real hard time withbswitching between wifi and 3g, anyone help? When I turn off wifi after a few hours of use, the mobile data wont come back without a reboot. I have tried cycling airplane mode, and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Only way to get back is with a reboot.

does it happen regardless of where you are? my first charge had data issues, it would only grab carrier data 1 out of maybe 10 times i rebooted and/or turned wifi off, and when it did, it took hours. replacement device still has trouble reacquiring carrier data at my home, but it's fine everywhere else. fwiw, when i researched my issue, i saw tons of anecdotal reports of people having their sim replaced by vzw and not having any further data issues.

turbodogfishhead
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply. It seems to happen regardless of location unfortunately. I am trying to use Llama or Y5 to control wifi but its not very effective when 3g wont come back on!

cmoe
Old
(Last edited by cmoe; 8th March 2012 at 02:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
deleted deleted

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodogfishhead View Post

What have you done to your phone? what is your current setup? Maybe it's time for you to flash back to factory stock to see if the issue resolved and take it from there.

cnoevl21
Old
Thanks Meter 18
You don't happen to be using juice defender or something like that? When I used it, I was having all sorts of problems getting data to come back on. Ditched JD and all is well.

FrancisV
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use Tasker to switch between 4g and Wifi. I haven't experienced any issues even though I switch back and forth several times a day. Could your problem be a defective phone or the radio firmware? Personally I run a rooted Stock EP4D and have no complaints.

jco23
Old
Thanks Meter 470
same experience for me when using Auto Wifi on eclipse.

no problems after switching back to Tweakstock