9th March 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #51  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,879

8,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanBoy_Hunter

Thank you! I think this thread is for advice though. I've had the same sd card in my photon that I had in my evo 3d and my g2x and my g2 and my galaxy s 4g and my evo and my Vibrant that I bought with my vibrant when I bought it (edit)little over 2) years ago (120 dollar card @ the time!)

Yes it is advice which is what I'm giving. I think you mis-understood my point. It only applies when your using a ext partition for your apps. If your not using a ext partition your apps are not restoring to the sdcard. I made apps2ext for froyo and gingerbread ever since CM no longer supported it after cm5
1st January 2013, 02:28 PM   |  #52  
Flag Sisterdale, Tx
Thanks Meter: 36

95 posts
More
Instructions?
You say these are the instructions for someone not familiar with the process. But you do not address some issues, like how does one do a "Nandroid" backup, how does one wipe/format, etc. Would someone please write a complete set of instructions, naming programs to use, procedures to follow, etc, for the NOOB like me. Not trying to be rude, crude or socially unacceptable, but I have read numerous threads, followed several sets of instructions, without success. It is frustrating to read 500 pages of a thread and not find complete instructions. I realize this is the "developers" forums, but us NOOBs have to start somewhere. Once upon a time, you (all of you) were NOOBs.
1st January 2013, 04:27 PM   |  #53  
Jackson,MI
Thanks Meter: 62

125 posts
More
What is your recovery?
1st January 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #54  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,454

2,293 posts
More
I sent you a pm...
1st January 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #55  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,686

15,683 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtrebor

You say these are the instructions for someone not familiar with the process. But you do not address some issues, like how does one do a "Nandroid" backup, how does one wipe/format, etc. Would someone please write a complete set of instructions, naming programs to use, procedures to follow, etc, for the NOOB like me. Not trying to be rude, crude or socially unacceptable, but I have read numerous threads, followed several sets of instructions, without success. It is frustrating to read 500 pages of a thread and not find complete instructions. I realize this is the "developers" forums, but us NOOBs have to start somewhere. Once upon a time, you (all of you) were NOOBs.

Search for "How to use a custom recovery" or something of that nature. That's where all of this is located... in recovery. If you don't know what recovery is, you aren't rooted and this won't help you.
1st January 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 327

1,055 posts
More
Quote:

Google is your friend

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jesuscash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 04:37 PM   |  #57  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,136 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Search for an unroot method this guide shows you exactly how to wipe your device...I know because I helped with it, but if this guide is to confusing your gonna mess **** up dude.

Never did we imply this was the total newb guide and all your problems would go away, and as some of you youngsters are coming here complaining let me remind you this is all done in OUR free time, if you feel like we owe you anything you are SADLY mistaken, its more so the other way around, YOU owe us thanks for GIVING you OUR free time....next time instead of looking like an ass donate to someones project rather than complain

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by strapped365; 1st January 2013 at 04:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strapped365 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #58  
Jackson,MI

125 posts
More
I'm still relatively new too, what i did was bring this guide up on pc, and then poke around the reovery menus. Don't select anything until you are sure of whats going on(it asks if you are sure first).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junpei1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 06:27 PM   |  #59  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 7,039

10,321 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for your input. But I never stated it was for newbs. If I might suggest something. I have another thread that is linked in my signature, if your on a PC. It has links for those who are just starting out. Also it is never a bad idea to Google things .

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
1st January 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #60  
Jackson,MI

125 posts
More
Check out this video
http://m.pocketnow.com/2012/10/03/wh...k-mod-recovery
All the android powere user videos are worth watching before you start doing this stuff

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to junpei1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread