Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removed 'last updated' from Asus Weather Widget (root not required)

Tip us?

jschmier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbre View Post
Last update time removed without location, please
I applied a modification so that the text view containing the location is set as invisible. It still takes up space for layout purposes.
Attached Files
File Type: apk ModWeatherNoLocation.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.82 MB, 99 views)

dgcruzing
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Just a quick thanks for the work..
looks great.. good job
Nexus 10
Galaxy S III
Asus TF101 - KatKiss JB 4.3
Geniatech Media box ATV1200-dualcore JB4.1.2
ATV3000 - Pivos ICS -XAF XBMC

Retired devices: Plenty of them laying around now

guilhermedsx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Is there any chance to make a small version for 800x480 running ICS? (Similar to the PadFone widget)
I'd try to do it myself but I'm a total disaster editing stuff ):

sinebubble
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Anyone else having issues getting changes to the "temperature unit" and "update frequency" settings to stick? I pulled the ModWeatherResized.zip from the first post and installed it on a Galaxy Nexus running CM9 nightly. I've rebooted and "fixed permissions" using Rom Manager, but that hasn't fixed it.

jschmier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
Anyone else having issues getting changes to the "temperature unit" and "update frequency" settings to stick? I pulled the ModWeatherResized.zip from the first post and installed it on a Galaxy Nexus running CM9 nightly. I've rebooted and "fixed permissions" using Rom Manager, but that hasn't fixed it.
Can you provide a logcat log?

sinebubble
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Attached... TIA.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logcat-1331233349851.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.2 KB, 4 views)

jschmier
Old
(Last edited by jschmier; 27th March 2012 at 04:21 PM.) Reason: link to later revision
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Default ICS Asus Weather Widget Resized (old)

Here's an ICS-based, resized Asus Weather widget. It is still a bit of a work in progress as I completed some of the modifications late last night and may not have worked out all of the kinks yet. If you give it a try, let me know how it works for you.

Update: I spent a bit more time with it today and completed the re-sizing for both landscape and portrait modes. I defaulted the size to 4x4 instead of 4x3 so the daily forecast is displayed by default. Re-sizing to 4x3 removes the forecast. I added drop shadows to the daily forecast weather icons and made the background image used behind the forecast transparent. I also tried my hand at changing the default settings, so the defaults for this version of the widget are to update every 2 hours and display the temperature in Fahrenheit. I have attached a deodexed & signed version of the original ICS Asus Weather widget for those who do not have it and would like to compare.

Update 2: An updated revision of this widget is now available here.

I should probably start a new thread for this and include screen shots, but this post will do for now.
Attached Files
File Type: apk weather.ics.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.86 MB, 184 views)
File Type: apk weather.resized.ics.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.89 MB, 367 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jschmier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinebubble
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmier View Post
Here's an ICS-based, resized Asus Weather widget. It is still a bit of a work in progress as I completed some of the modifications late last night and may not have worked out all of the kinks yet. If you give it a try, let me know how it works for you.
Still doesn't work...

jschmier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
Still doesn't work...
Does it work aside from not saving your settings?

Your previous logcat didn't provide anything useful. Could you provide another? Start from adding the widget to the desktop, adjust and save the settings, and refresh/update the weather. That should exercise most of the code and might shed some light on the problem. Don't filter the log. There may be some entries that don't seem relevant, but may be. If there is any personal info in the log, you can remove it. If you don't want to post the capture for the world to see, you can get it to me via private message.

Another option may be adjusting the widget to use your desired settings by default.

sinebubble
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmier View Post
...I should probably start a new thread for this and include screen shots, but this post will do for now.
I uninstalled the previous versions, rebooted, then installed your new version. Looks like there is some cut off even after I resize the widget.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-03-17-15-39-21.png
Views:	170
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	952180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-03-17-15-39-33.png
Views:	170
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	952181  

The Following User Says Thank You to sinebubble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]