Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Batteries for Optimus V,S,etc...

OP Ph1Man

26th January 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
I want a little extra battery life out of my Optimus V, but don't want to use the extended batteries discussed elsewhere because of the extended backs (I need my case to fit). So I have 2 questions.

1. What is the largest capacity\best battery that will not require a new back-plate, and fit the Optimus V without mods?

2.The best I could find is an AceSoft 1800mAh, does anyone have experience with AceSoft batteries in general and, if you own this battery can you verify it is 1800mAh and good quality?

Battery link: amazon.com/1800mAh-Battery-Desktop-Charger-CellPhone/dp/B004JU4SFA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327561450&sr=8-3 or Search amazon for 1800mAh Battery and AC/USB Desktop Charger for LG Optimus S.

Thanks,
Ph1davies

Update: Here is the promised review.

This battery was not a bad buy, but for the money I expected more.

Pros:
-It seems to run a little cooler than stock battery (but that is just a feel as it has no temperature monitor).
-It holds about 1775mAh +/- 12%.
-Build seems to be quality
-No trouble with loss of capacity over the last month.

Cons:
-No temperature monitor.
-In real life testing it only gave me an extra hour and a half or so under moderate use, an extra 10% not 20%.
-No matter how many times I Calibrate it the last 40% discharges noticeably faster.

Conclusion:
-I Had very high hopes for this battery and was expecting to get an extra 3hrs (20%) under moderate use. In reality it only gives me 1 to 1and1/2hrs extra. -All in all the Build quality was solid and it did give extra power over the stock. At the price of 20$ after shipping and tax the little extra life it gave was simply not worth it.
-Although if an extra hour or so is worth the extra then go for it, as it is a quality battery.
-If I could go back in time I would just get a stock replacement off e-bay for 10$.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this battery feel free to ask.
Last edited by Ph1Man; 6th March 2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added Review
The Following User Says Thank You to Ph1Man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

70 posts
I did a quick search and it looks like that AceSoft is a good bet. Don't own one though -- sorry.
29th January 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks for the info. I will buy it and report back.
3rd February 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Didn't know there were different batteries with better life, etc. Good to know!
28th February 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

103 posts
You never reported back. I am eager to know how the battery upgrade went.
2nd March 2012, 08:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Me to, please
2nd March 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 31

106 posts
More
optimus one and optimus v are using the same battery model ?
6th March 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Not as expected
This battery was not a bad buy, but for the money I expected more.

Pros:
-It seems to run a little cooler than stock battery (but that is just a feel as it has no temperature monitor).
-It holds about 1775mAh +/- 12%.
-Build seems to be quality
-No trouble with loss of capacity over the last month.

Cons:
-No temperature monitor.
-In real life testing it only gave me an extra hour and a half or so under moderate use, an extra 10% not 20%.
-No matter how many times I Calibrate it the last 40% discharges noticeably faster.

Conclusion:
-I Had very high hopes for this battery and was expecting to get an extra 3hrs (20%) under moderate use. In reality it only gives me 1 to 1and1/2hrs extra. -All in all the Build quality was solid and it did give extra power over the stock. At the price of 20$ after shipping and tax the little extra life it gave was simply not worth it.
-Although if an extra hour or so is worth the extra then go for it, as it is a quality battery.
-If I could go back in time I would just get a stock replacement off e-bay for 10$.

If anyone has any further questions regarding this battery feel free to ask.
9th March 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #9  
Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 124

218 posts
More
Just a thought, you should have a look at the Anker batteries. Mugen and Seidio don't have Optimus S/V/whatever batteries but Anker does.

Don't think anker is as reputable as the others listed but it is worth a shot.
14th April 2012, 04:52 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 208

444 posts
More
Anker batteries is the best choice for Optimus V, Optimus P500, etc. I think the two batteries of 1600mAh and the universal charger them have in Amazon shop are perfect for us. Because whe can have battery full always, if we buy it, will have 3 batteries. That's cool. I ordered one of the mentioned combo. I'll let know how it work for me.

Enviado desde mi LG-P500 usando Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus One, P500, V Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank