Anyone Else Tired of Their Desire Z/G2?

Search This thread

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
Wow, that audio chip intrigues me. I primarily use my phone as a music player at the gym and I like my music loud. However I get distortion when I try to adjust the frequencies past a certain point. Is this Wolfson chip a solution?

Yes believe be it is. With voodoo sound app you can push the sound chip another 15 decibels past what Sammy sets it at stock. So you can power low impebdance high quality buds or cans with audio quality thats crystal clear. Don't get me wrong the g2 isn't a piece of crap, but for me its just "good enough". The wolfson chip has introduced many sounds and effects laid in the background music I've never heard before. The wolfson dac is in all of the galaxy s phones btw. Not sure about the gnex.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Reactions: alpha-niner64

amp

Nov 6, 2010
This MWC showed no apparent successor to the G2. I expect G2 like material, thin with stiff slide keyboard, minimum 720p resolution, native ICS of course, S4 processor and plenty of dev support.

oVeRdOsE.

Sep 19, 2011
MTL
Can someone just lock this post? It's so silly to post stuff like this.
If you're tired of it, then get a new phone.

Seriously, affective dependance of hardware, is a disease.

Especially if you get bored by a 1year and half phone and comment about it in a thread.

Do like me, get a big hobby that it takes all your time and money : cars!

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
Can someone just lock this post? It's so silly to post stuff like this.
If you're tired of it, then get a new phone.

What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

Last edited:
Reactions: nguyenkendy

prototype2

Mar 1, 2012
10,000 Lakes
Still love mine. I switched to the iphone about a year ago and came back to the g2 again. Some reason, I just love the keyboard and the looks of it. I could of bought a Sensation, Amaze, etc but I prefer the G2 for now. :)

Gab1288

Sep 28, 2010
Install the MIUI rom, it changes a bit the way to use the phone and gives a new perspective.

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
There's always the DoubleShot if you're bored

sent via a Phone Booth

Doubleshot?
I still like this phone a lot. I've never gotten such amazing battery life. I went 26 hours yesterday. :) but I like tech toys and I played with this phone enough when it released and I was working at radioshack. I'm looking forward to the galaxyy s3 if I don't pick up a gnex soon.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Doubleshot?
I still like this phone a lot. I've never gotten such amazing battery life. I went 26 hours yesterday. :) but I like tech toys and I played with this phone enough when it released and I was working at radioshack. I'm looking forward to the galaxyy s3 if I don't pick up a gnex soon.

I'd wait for SGIII or HTC One X. It would be a bad move to get the gnex so late when the big ones are out in sprint/summer. Might as well tough it out at this point....

tep065

I'd wait for SGIII or HTC One X. It would be a bad move to get the gnex so late when the big ones are out in sprint/summer. Might as well tough it out at this point....

I agree with that, both those phone sound amazing in terms of specs..I don't recall exactly, but doesn't one of them support HDMI out? That would be a big selling point for neon top of those phone's specs. I've been out of contract since October waiting for something exceptional to come along for tmobile and one of those seem like a good upgrade for me. Will miss the keyboard though...

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

Jun 16, 2010
I wouldn't say that I'm bored with my G2. In fact, I am very happy with it. I find that it's stable, has decent battery life, and runs most of the apps I want the way I want.

I have to say "most" because there are two hardware features that I really wish the G2 had that could enable some nice software capabilities.

1) Front-facing camera: Sure, I can get Skype and G+ to use the rear camera, and they can do the job sometimes, but I wish there was another camera on the front.

2) HDMI out. This one isn't what I would call critical. In fact what I would really like is an app that would let me wirelessly stream the framebuffer to a remote computer at a decent framerate.

I watched the announcements from CES and MWC, and it really doesn't look like there is anything coming down the pipe (T-Mobile/Wind Mobile compatible) that has everything the G2 has, plus those two features.

Reactions: zoot1

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mayurolla

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.

Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

lol, sounds like you're just hurt from being banned. You're welcome to continue lashing out though, I don't really care.
p.s: sick of hearing people whine does not mean i'm crying about it.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I totally get what you're saying but I think people felt like you were dumping on the G2/Desire Z, that's all...

Guys please no more fighting. No one needs to get into trouble over such petty stuff. You both seem like respectable members here so can we end this before the mods get pissed? Thanks

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Now that's a testament to the G2! 26 hours of battery life in a day! :D

I unplugged my phone yesterday at around 11am and it's currently 11:37am. My battery life is at: 76%
I used it only a tiny bit, but considering it's been checking my emails every hour, I'm pretty impressed...(oh this also includes a normal restart which usually drains 8% battery for some odd reason...)

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Yes believe be it is. With voodoo sound app you can push the sound chip another 15 decibels past what Sammy sets it at stock. So you can power low impebdance high quality buds or cans with audio quality thats crystal clear. Don't get me wrong the g2 isn't a piece of crap, but for me its just "good enough". The wolfson chip has introduced many sounds and effects laid in the background music I've never heard before. The wolfson dac is in all of the galaxy s phones btw. Not sure about the gnex.

Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. :) I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.

RushAOZ

Mar 9, 2008
Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. :) I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.

No prob man :)

tapeworm4602

Jun 15, 2011
St. Paul
I'm still ultimately pleased with mine. It's a solid device that holds up and competes with the majority of most dual core devices out there. To state the obvious, the boredom sets in from Gingerbread becoming stale and tapped of it's "wow" factor.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's called "consumerism". Just use your DZ till it dies of a natural death >.>
    Honestly not sure if its the phone or the OS Im tired of. Have been using my G2 for over a year, been using Android for the same amount of time (G2 was my first Android device). Lately I haven't been interested in trying any ROMs, none have really peaked my interest to be honest due to the little issues in them. Not sure what I should do from here......

End of small rant.:eek:

Anyone else feel the same way or am I alone?
    Sure - I would be happy to buy a new phone, just as soon as you can invent a phone that has the G2's reliability, developer support, style, at least as good of a real keyboard, display quality, and make sure it works with T-mobile so I can have unlimited everything, including wifi hotspot, free tethering and free wifi calling, and no overage charges possible for only $60/month no-contract! :eek:

Yeah, that's what I thought, the G2 has no upgrade that can be made, because it is the best phone/carrier combo out there!

But I do wish there was a magical way to have the reception in rural area and LTE deep building penetration that I envy on Verizon (but I don't envy paying nearly $200/month for the features listed above!)
    Still love my phone since the day I got it. Reliable and tough, stylish and sleek. I do look forward to an upgrade, but it's not something that i'm set my heart to. Can't really beat the DZ =)
    Wow, that audio chip intrigues me. I primarily use my phone as a music player at the gym and I like my music loud. However I get distortion when I try to adjust the frequencies past a certain point. Is this Wolfson chip a solution?