Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][UV][CWM] Entropy's Daily Driver-GB, 03/07/2012 (Small Fixes))

Tip us?
 
campbellc1052
Old
#2241  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 41
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc3 View Post
Download ExTweaks. Open it. Go to the GPU tab and increase the GPU voltages +50mV

Try the game again.
I'll try that, can I run extweaks and setcpu at the same time?

I think the first gpu stats entropy saw were correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
 
NJGSII
Old
#2242  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 326
Posts: 1,433
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Howell, NJ
I have switched to the test kernel for 3/5 since I was one of the people experiencing SOD issues. If I have another, I'll obviously get you your last kmsg, Entropy.
Current Devices:



AT&T HTC One M8



Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4
 
Entropy512
Old
#2243  
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24,370
Posts: 13,270
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
Is it possibly kernel related that after loading this update all of my apps that had installed themselves on my internal sd card no longer worked and needed to be reloaded? Or just a glitch in my card? I believe I was on 2-28 before.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
That almost surely has nothing to do with the kernel and everything to do with Google Play, which did all sorts of janky ****.

People really need to be better about thinking "was this the ONLY thing that changed on my system? Can I be ABSOLUTELY sure?"

I love how many people have been blaming recent kernel updates for signal loss - when we're in the process of experiencing the largest solar flare/CME hit we've experienced for a few years.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DefTaker
Old
#2244  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jun 2009
3/05 battery wasn't as good as 3/04_B for me. However, 3/05 felt quicker overall EXCEPT for backing out of an application into the app drawer...the animation would stutter. Other animations were fine.

Switched to the latest & greatest (3/07) this morning and haven't had the stuttering issue on the application back out to app drawer issue that I was having with 3/05. Don't know about battery life yet. I charged the phone this afternoon and will let it sleep and see how it does.

Thank you again for the great kernels and the fixes too!
Phone: Nexus 5
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
 
Dimatchka
Old
#2245  
Dimatchka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 737
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Just wondering why the gpu control is not supported in voltage control app with this kennel? It's present with siyah and I was able to under volt far beyond this kernels scope. Just wondering why is that? Overall this is my favorite Kernel thus far! Awesome job! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
 
Entropy512
Old
#2246  
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24,370
Posts: 13,270
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Owego, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimatchka View Post
Just wondering why the gpu control is not supported in voltage control app with this kennel? It's present with siyah and I was able to under volt far beyond this kernels scope. Just wondering why is that? Overall this is my favorite Kernel thus far! Awesome job! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Because VC automatically disables its interface when ExTweaks is present - the new 3-step GPU interface is far more flexible and powerful, and VC wasn't compatible with it unless you disabled the 3rd step by default.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
 
sirooga
Old
#2247  
sirooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 510
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Corona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
That almost surely has nothing to do with the kernel and everything to do with Google Play, which did all sorts of janky ****.

People really need to be better about thinking "was this the ONLY thing that changed on my system? Can I be ABSOLUTELY sure?"

I love how many people have been blaming recent kernel updates for signal loss - when we're in the process of experiencing the largest solar flare/CME hit we've experienced for a few years.
Thanks for the reply. You are right I didn't think of that.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
 
shoman94
Old
#2248  
shoman94's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,203
Posts: 8,431
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maine

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
Thanks for the reply. You are right I didn't think of that.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
So far I'm not seeing any benefits from having the gpu steps added. If anything I'm seeing more use. Maybe having the steps is creating more load when it needs to change? Idk.... just my experience so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
IRC: freenode|#shostock


Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2
 
ryude
Old
#2249  
ryude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 643
Posts: 2,589
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
So far I'm not seeing any benefits from having the gpu steps added. If anything I'm seeing more use. Maybe having the steps is creating more load when it needs to change? Idk.... just my experience so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Same here, not seeing any benefits only drawbacks.
 
campbellc1052
Old
#2250  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 41
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Can I run extweaks and setcpu together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Tags
cwm, kernel
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes