[KERNEL][UV][CWM] Entropy's Daily Driver-GB, 03/07/2012 (Small Fixes))

OP Entropy512

9th March 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #2241  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc3

Download ExTweaks. Open it. Go to the GPU tab and increase the GPU voltages +50mV

Try the game again.

I'll try that, can I run extweaks and setcpu at the same time?

I think the first gpu stats entropy saw were correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
9th March 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #2242  
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 334

1,455 posts
More
I have switched to the test kernel for 3/5 since I was one of the people experiencing SOD issues. If I have another, I'll obviously get you your last kmsg, Entropy.
9th March 2012, 05:11 AM   |  #2243  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,465

13,346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga

Is it possibly kernel related that after loading this update all of my apps that had installed themselves on my internal sd card no longer worked and needed to be reloaded? Or just a glitch in my card? I believe I was on 2-28 before.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

That almost surely has nothing to do with the kernel and everything to do with Google Play, which did all sorts of janky ****.

People really need to be better about thinking "was this the ONLY thing that changed on my system? Can I be ABSOLUTELY sure?"

I love how many people have been blaming recent kernel updates for signal loss - when we're in the process of experiencing the largest solar flare/CME hit we've experienced for a few years.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #2244  
Thanks Meter: 39

324 posts
More
3/05 battery wasn't as good as 3/04_B for me. However, 3/05 felt quicker overall EXCEPT for backing out of an application into the app drawer...the animation would stutter. Other animations were fine.

Switched to the latest & greatest (3/07) this morning and haven't had the stuttering issue on the application back out to app drawer issue that I was having with 3/05. Don't know about battery life yet. I charged the phone this afternoon and will let it sleep and see how it does.

Thank you again for the great kernels and the fixes too!
9th March 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #2245  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 117

737 posts
More
Just wondering why the gpu control is not supported in voltage control app with this kennel? It's present with siyah and I was able to under volt far beyond this kernels scope. Just wondering why is that? Overall this is my favorite Kernel thus far! Awesome job! :D

9th March 2012, 01:49 PM   |  #2246  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,465

13,346 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimatchka

Just wondering why the gpu control is not supported in voltage control app with this kennel? It's present with siyah and I was able to under volt far beyond this kernels scope. Just wondering why is that? Overall this is my favorite Kernel thus far! Awesome job! :D

Because VC automatically disables its interface when ExTweaks is present - the new 3-step GPU interface is far more flexible and powerful, and VC wasn't compatible with it unless you disabled the 3rd step by default.
9th March 2012, 02:01 PM   |  #2247  
Flag Corona
Thanks Meter: 43

514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

That almost surely has nothing to do with the kernel and everything to do with Google Play, which did all sorts of janky ****.

People really need to be better about thinking "was this the ONLY thing that changed on my system? Can I be ABSOLUTELY sure?"

I love how many people have been blaming recent kernel updates for signal loss - when we're in the process of experiencing the largest solar flare/CME hit we've experienced for a few years.

Thanks for the reply. You are right I didn't think of that.

9th March 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #2248  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,219

8,447 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirooga

Thanks for the reply. You are right I didn't think of that.

So far I'm not seeing any benefits from having the gpu steps added. If anything I'm seeing more use. Maybe having the steps is creating more load when it needs to change? Idk.... just my experience so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #2249  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 643

2,589 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

So far I'm not seeing any benefits from having the gpu steps added. If anything I'm seeing more use. Maybe having the steps is creating more load when it needs to change? Idk.... just my experience so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Same here, not seeing any benefits only drawbacks.
9th March 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #2250  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
More
Can I run extweaks and setcpu together

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread