Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UTIL] | X10Flash GUI & 2.1 Firmware (added docomo multitouch)

Tip us?

kloopk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lifesaver after I bricked my x10i this saved my bacon

rajmal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbk1016 View Post
Hello all! VERY new to Sony Ericsson, as well as Android. I downloaded the Flash Tool and the correct x10a ROM (2.1 x10a WORLD generic). After running the initially downloaded Flash Tool application, it becomes a folder, perfect. However, when I explore the Flash Tool folder, there are multiple files inside also in the.rar format. Do I have to extract these files as well before proceeding? I know that I must extract my ROM into the firmware folder and have done so, there are 10 .sin files within a folder inside there.

So without extracting anything other than the ROM into the firmware folder within the Flash Tool folder, I attempted to run "x10FlashTool" application within the Flash Tool Folder and it gives this error:

"No JVM could be found on your system.
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME
to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from (the java website(sic))."

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Is it because I'm attempting to perform the flash on my Mac Air using Parallels 4.0 (Windows XP Pro, 32-bit)? I really hope not otherwise I will never be able to own anything Android (fully Mac household)!!!

Thanks in advance for any and ALL advice in regards to this issue! I really wanted to give Android a shot and hope not to be disappointed!

Rob

**EDIT**

Just did a bit of research and the error has something to do with the "java virtual machine" ... faaak! I think I'm screwed!!
I have the same problem trying to launch flashtool.

In the end, I used Wotan to downgrade my firmware - they allow firmware to be updated for free these days as long as you're registered (which is also free).

Downloading firmware (which is not the same as Flashtool format however) is faster than some of the paid download servers (e.g. uploading.com, ul.com, etc). I am now reluctant to registered with paid fileservers as I had a long subscription with MegaUpload, and we know what's happened to that now.

Then I rooted my handset (Arc) and did an OTA update. It remained rooted as I wished on firmware update: 4.0.2.A.0.62

hairdewx
Old
(Last edited by hairdewx; 1st April 2012 at 05:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin4ry View Post
SO-01:
http://www.multiupload.com/V01KSAFVYK DOCOMO MULTITOUCH [2.0.1.B.0.19] (thanks to indigomode)
all Languages incl. + JapaneseIME ,HangulIME ,ChineseIME.

http://www.multiupload.com/M6VKFS99ZY DOCOMO (thanks to indigomode)
Anyone have another link to these files? They seem to be all down...

EDIT:

I found it through wotanserver
See Xperia Play Games on my YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/hairdewx