Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,036 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Tip us?
 
werewolfo
Old
(Last edited by werewolfo; 9th March 2012 at 08:17 AM.)
#2141  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 129
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Desenzano

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfad666 View Post
OK guys, I've got to admit it, I've just witnessed my phone reboot on an incoming call.

Is it true for you guys too? No message in the call log?


EDIT: I switched my WiFi on this afternoon, which I don't normally do (my data tariff ran out) which is the only change I've made from my normal usage. Do people with reboots have WiFi on too?
Now that i notice... The 90% of reboots i got, the phone was under wi-fi. During the day i use my mobile data (2g, since you fixed the Funny Sim problem - Thanks a lot again!).

Btw, it's true. If a reboot happens on incoming call, no log have ever been registered.

Edit: Is it normal that wi-fi's power consumption is bigger than 2g's?
 
NeuDLi
Old
#2142  
Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfad666 View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/?22hwyjrnijuoszc

I've posted a boot.img with a new kernel.
Thanks Adam. Since there has been no change in the sources on github, I'm curious what you have changed here. Could you say what is different in this kernel?

The only difference in the config (relative to the cyanogenmod_thunderg_defconfig) I could find was the activation of "CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_MTP". As far as I understand it this is related to the Media Transfer Protocol for the android USB gadget driver, i.e. it should not have anything to do with the reboot on call bug.

Another thing that is not clear to me: are there any required patches relative to the stock LG kernel to make it run under CM 7.2 at all, and if so, which ones? Yuripg1 previously said that it did not work out of the box, therefore I'm asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeuDLi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
umangleekha
Old
#2143  
umangleekha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 304
Posts: 759
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi
someone please tell me what are the major improvements in tha latest nightly after nightly #34
IT ENCOURAGES ME WHEN YOU HIT THE THANKS BOUTTON
 
adfad666
Old
#2144  
adfad666's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4147
Posts: 718
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Olomouc

 
DONATE TO ME
I was busy but I sent a kernel log to Ricardo, he said it was the display driver which was crashing, and he sent me the kernel to test. (Kernel isn't my specialty)

The sources haven't been updated yet in case the fix doesn't work! We need to test it for a week to check we have no more crashes. We can't easily reproduce the bug so we simply have to test it. The more testers the better!

Anyone made a flashable zip yet? I wont be able till later tonight...

Sent from my LG Optimus One by carrier pidgeon
The dawn of mobile phones
Ericsson GA 628 => Nokia 5110 => Siemens C35i => Siemens C45

The age of colour screens and polyphonic ringtones
Motorola C350 => Sony Ericsson T610 => Sony Ericsson T630 => Sony Ericsson K790i => Sony Ericsson T250i

The age of Android
LG Optimus One => Sony XPERIA J => Sony XPERIA SP => Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adfad666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NeuDLi
Old
(Last edited by NeuDLi; 9th March 2012 at 01:01 PM.) Reason: Error in zip
#2145  
Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfad666 View Post
Anyone made a flashable zip yet? I wont be able till later tonight...
I have put the zImage from the new kernel into an anykernel update zip (signed). However, please note that I currently cannot test/flash this zip!

Therefore use only at your risk! Also, as the boot.img does not contain the wireless module, I was consequently not able to put one into the zip.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adam-fixkernel_signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.38 MB, 40 views)
 
Jolufa
Old
#2146  
Jolufa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 182
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Salto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuDLi View Post
I have put the zImage from the new kernel into an anykernel update zip (signed). However, please note that I currently cannot test/flash this zip!

Therefore use only at your risk! Also, as the boot.img does not contain the wireless module, I was consequently not able to put one into the zip.
Ok, downloading for testing. Thanks
 
IKnowIRock!
Old
#2147  
IKnowIRock!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 443
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchall View Post
Quote:
Sometimes my phone suddenly goes like out of control...all my apps in SD card doesnt work They don't open up.But i can open apps in the internal storage .
It happens like 4 or 5 times a day...any suggestions guys??
same thing happening here, with latest nightly and stock kernel.
anybody??? it happened just now aswell
IKnowIRock!
 
NeuDLi
Old
#2148  
Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowIRock! View Post
anybody??? it happened just now aswell
Sounds like a problem with a defective SD card. Happened to me once, my P500 acted strange then, like completely locking for a couple of seconds, heavily lagging and sometimes even rebooting. Bought a new SD card and the problem was gone.

Apparently the P500 is very touchy about SD cards...
 
bostro
Old
#2149  
bostro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 269
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FriŻl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfad666 View Post
OK guys, I've got to admit it, I've just witnessed my phone reboot on an incoming call.

What's worse, it didn't show up in the missed calls list, so I have no idea who called me! If I had gone to the toilet I would never know someone tried to call me as it only takes about 30 seconds to reboot...

That could also explain why I hadn't seen the problem before. If someone had called me and it rebooted but I didn't notice, I would never know about it!

Is it true for you guys too? No message in the call log?

The funny thing is, I have received 4 or 5 calls already today, and I haven't changed anything on the phone all day!

So, for those who think it's in the kernel, which kernel do you recommend?

Let the debugging commence!

EDIT: I switched my WiFi on this afternoon, which I don't normally do (my data tariff ran out) which is the only change I've made from my normal usage. Do people with reboots have WiFi on too?
I had those problems too, but very few times. Same situation: no notification of the phone incoming...
With ta-gb-1.2 and franco kernel 4 i have no more those reboots.
Il caro vecchio Bostro-X
Personale:
http://www.bostro.net
Get Cloud Storage Free with DROPBOX!!
Lavoro:
http://www.bortolottinoleggio.it
http://www.bortolottiauto.it

Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
Asus Nexus 7 Wifi 32Gb
 
voyager20021
Old
#2150  
voyager20021's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,075
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuDLi View Post
I have put the zImage from the new kernel into an anykernel update zip (signed). However, please note that I currently cannot test/flash this zip!

Therefore use only at your risk! Also, as the boot.img does not contain the wireless module, I was consequently not able to put one into the zip.
So flashing this will not have wifi?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Tags
cm7 official, cyanogenmod cm questions bugs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes