OP ultrashot

7th March 2012, 09:00 AM   |  #171  
Flag colombo
Thanks Meter: 45

375 posts
More
links not working
hi ultrashot
the download link is not working. could you pls upload again?
(or anybody else who has a link)

thanks
7th March 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 6

67 posts
Dynamics GTX 2.4 WWE rebuilt by schumifier1 on first post worked yesterday when I downloaded it. Try the schumifier1 link.
The Following User Says Thank You to kluong6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2012, 09:19 AM   |  #173  
Flag colombo

375 posts
More
thanks.
will try it. problem is gtx isnt my favourite.
7th March 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #174  
Flag colombo

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkapd

thanks.
will try it. problem is gtx isnt my favourite.

ok..i ve flshed...and its a wonderful rom...fastest i have used.
(was thinking gtx referred to the gtx white theme )

i miss a few things like cht, core player, bsb tweaks...can download and install anyway. i like some of the new features added.
hope there was xda uc cooked in.

overall its a wonderful rom.
hope chef would come up with an update.
so disappointing to see so many developers just abandoned wm and there's hardly anybody to answer a post even.

thanks ultrashot. great work.
7th March 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #175  

67 posts
I thought the same when I saw GTX, but it's an awesome rom and build, completely agree. This rom is no joke. Everybody should give it a try and I thank ultrashot. I've been looking for a sweet HD2 wm rom for months. Thanks a lot again. Let me know if the 2.15 radio is the best, since I've had the best success with 2.14 radio but haven't tried the 2.15 radio for this rom yet. I live in Phoenix, AZ where the 2.14 radio is great on battery and gets great reception. My battery life gets about 2-3days with mild-moderate use, lots of phone calls and little data, internet, or text usage. Have you tried the start menu layout, the 4 column simple grid is nice. Dutty's rom had excellent battery life also.
Oh yeah, the microsoft voice command v1.6.21725 has such a low volume for incoming calls that's it's useless, v1.6.20771 is much better. Don't worry about the error message, just reset once you're done with the cab installation. Also, do this registry tweak to make the perfect incoming sound level.

Registry: HKCU\Control Panel\SoundCategories\InCall
Key: InitVol
Default: 2
New Value: 10
Attached Files
File Type: cab MSVC1.6.20771.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (2.40 MB, 10 views)
Last edited by kluong6; 8th March 2012 at 06:44 AM.
9th March 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #176  
Flag colombo

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluong6

I thought the same when I saw GTX, but it's an awesome rom and build, completely agree. This rom is no joke. Everybody should give it a try and I thank ultrashot. I've been looking for a sweet HD2 wm rom for months. Thanks a lot again. Let me know if the 2.15 radio is the best, since I've had the best success with 2.14 radio but haven't tried the 2.15 radio for this rom yet. I live in Phoenix, AZ where the 2.14 radio is great on battery and gets great reception. My battery life gets about 2-3days with mild-moderate use, lots of phone calls and little data, internet, or text usage. Have you tried the start menu layout, the 4 column simple grid is nice. Dutty's rom had excellent battery life also.
Oh yeah, the microsoft voice command v1.6.21725 has such a low volume for incoming calls that's it's useless, v1.6.20771 is much better. Don't worry about the error message, just reset once you're done with the cab installation. Also, do this registry tweak to make the perfect incoming sound level.

Registry: HKCU\Control Panel\SoundCategories\InCall
Key: InitVol
Default: 2
New Value: 10

hi
thanks for your input. you are correct this rom needs much more attention than this. it has to be the best wm hd2 rom around. i have used many roms. but this rom is the most impressive. certainly it is the fastest. guess people are moving away from wm and nobody is interested to try out much.
i used the start menu layout as soon as i flashed. and it s a real nice feature. 3 row hexagonal is my favourite.
please advise me on these queries if possible.

1. how can i edit the registry? is there a built in regedit? i couldnt find. (maybe i missed)
2. how do i activate the landscape?
3. how do i use the power key feature? what does it do?
4. what are the functions of "remap shortcuts" and "move shortcuts" features?

thanks.
9th March 2012, 08:32 AM   |  #177  

67 posts
you can use one of the free registry editors (total commander or registry editor), just search for it, or use this mobile registry editor and run it from your pc.
you can then use the registry editor to edit the file for landscape like so (write down before you change the registry in case you need to go back):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableLandscape"="true"
"EnableFullScreen"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation]
"LandscapeMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor]
"AutoRotation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"SENSE"="Manila"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]
"SENSE"="\Windows\manila.exe"

This is where I got the registry from, but I just left the last line out since that doesn't apply to this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=712471&page=2

(ps if the line is not there then right click and add it in, if it is a word then use string value and if it's a number then use binary or integer value depending on what editor you choose, I use the mobile registry editor myself) It's that simple.
I'm not sure what power key you're referring to and I didn't use the shortcut keys for preinstallation so not sure. Hope that helps a little, of course, ultrashot may give more light on all this for you. Enjoy my friend.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mobileregistryeditor.zip - [Click for QR Code] (75.7 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by kluong6; 9th March 2012 at 08:46 AM.
9th March 2012, 09:47 AM   |  #178  
Flag colombo

375 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluong6

you can use one of the free registry editors (total commander or registry editor), just search for it, or use this mobile registry editor and run it from your pc.
you can then use the registry editor to edit the file for landscape like so (write down before you change the registry in case you need to go back):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableLandscape"="true"
"EnableFullScreen"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation]
"LandscapeMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor]
"AutoRotation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]
"SENSE"="Manila"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]
"SENSE"="\Windows\manila.exe"

This is where I got the registry from, but I just left the last line out since that doesn't apply to this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=712471&page=2

(ps if the line is not there then right click and add it in, if it is a word then use string value and if it's a number then use binary or integer value depending on what editor you choose, I use the mobile registry editor myself) It's that simple.
I'm not sure what power key you're referring to and I didn't use the shortcut keys for preinstallation so not sure. Hope that helps a little, of course, ultrashot may give more light on all this for you. Enjoy my friend.

ok thanks very much. i will try that.
power key and shortcut options are at " settings>system>additional options>more". try that when you have free time. u might be able to figure that out. hope the chef would have some free time to give more advice.
9th March 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #179  
Flag colombo

375 posts
More
how to change to landscape
anyone wondering how to change to landscape?

long press the end button. in the shut down menu, just scroll up and down and see what happens
9th March 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #180  

67 posts
ok, I see. Move shortcuts and Remap shortcuts are a menu sorter program. I think the move shortcuts are checked and automatically sorted for us. For instance, all my recent apps are placed in applications automatically. I think if you don't check that, then you can rearrange as you please. I think ultrashot's perfectly organized the start menu too. Ultrashot had just mentioned menu sorter in his document. Did you read that already? He didn't specify the specifics though. Also, don't forget about holding down the icon/folder and rearranging them if you wanna move, for instance the wifi, bluetooth, comm manager, task manager to the top of your applications menu. I installed quite a few apps and then they were automatically rearranged in alphabetical order, so I had to hold and drag these icons to the top.
The power key is the preinstalled app to hold the long end key button and designed to change to another app if you pleased. I think ultrashot has made wonderful tweaks to this app that makes the device very friendly to use while taking out all the extra apps that take up space and memory.
Can this rom get any better than it has without eating up battery life? I wonder if ultrashot has any plans on a next version that might include 4 columns instead of 3, voice commander without the cyberon voice commander, and possibly an app to run both win 6.5 and win 7/7.5 would be the ultimate....I guess that would be perfect timing since win 8 would be reverse compatible with previous versions. any thoughts ultrashot?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, hd2 rom, kitchen, stable
Previous Thread Next Thread