Silberpfeil3110

Dec 23, 2007
Vienna
Hi, I Found a way to remove the Watermark completely

NOTE ONLY TESTED ON ENGLISH VERSION !!!

Download the ZIP file

http://www.mediafire.com/?13h5i7xfl3d8z85

1. Install the <InstallTakeOwnership.reg> from the Take Ownership
2. Take Ownership from the <shell32.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\System32\en-US)
3. Take Ownership from the <basebrd.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US)
4. Close the Windows Explorer completely in order to let the <InstallTakeOwnership> work
5. Copy and replace the <shell32.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\System32\en-US
6. Copy and replace the <basebrd.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
7. Start the Command prompt with Administrator(right click)
8. Type mcbuilder and wait till its finished
9. Reboot !!
10. Enjoy !!!!

Let me know if it works for you :)

b70e8ab6a2.png

Link is down, please reupload or mirror somewhere else.
Thanx!

dare2know

Jul 28, 2008
BOM
thanks buddy

NICE work around, I was using similar method for win7 , but now it is not much annoying to me, placed some icons there to camouflage it.
lol , simple n easy.

Download the Rar file

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/76330339/file.html

Pass: kwadie

2. Take Ownership from the <shell32.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\System32\en-US)
3. Take Ownership from the <basebrd.dll.mui> file (located @ C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US)
4. Close the Windows Explorer completely in order to let the <InstallTakeOwnership> work
5. Copy and replace the <shell32.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\System32\en-US
6. Copy and replace the <basebrd.dll.mui> from the Edited Files to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
9. Reboot !!
10. Enjoy !!!!

b70e8ab6a2.png

slpin

Jan 26, 2007
cool. thanks for the file. I actually didn't notice that until you mentioned it....

shaogden

Mar 6, 2009

Download the Rar file

9. Reboot !!
10. Enjoy !!!!

b70e8ab6a2.png
why is it asking me for a password?

A

aghnokneemoose

It works, but you have to change your wallpaper after you reboot.

I don't seem to be able to copy & replace the files. Says they are being used by another operation or says I don't have permission.

I installed the reg tweak, step 1 then went and took ownership of both files, step 2 & 3.

Then I closed explorer, Step 4. Next I open an explorer window, navigate to where I extracted the edited files, right-click on 1 at a time and navigate to the appropriate windows directory and right-click and paste. This is when the error prevents me from doing these 2 steps. I have tried the copy in command prompt (ran as admin) and same thing.

How can complete the next steps, error free?

Thanks

mikekrk

Sep 3, 2011
Do not fully understand what's going on in sections 2 and 3, unfortunately, as it wants to change anything with the files (shell32 and...) it comes out the information that I do not have permision to change them. What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download the Rar file

9. Reboot !!
    10. Enjoy !!!!

b70e8ab6a2.png
    Finally got it to work. I followed all the instructions posted with the file, then changed my theme from "Windows" to "Windows Basic". Now the watermark is gone and you can switch back to my previous "Windows" Theme
    change the theme for those whose didnt worked
    It works, but...

It works, but you have to change your wallpaper after you reboot.